Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LucaNelson
    replied
    It's you are in Arizona it's always possible you can do because you have a license and you can buy more beverages to Eatwith discount codes for cheap price.

Leave a comment:

• HopStepJump
    replied
    Cleaner air. Racking up vacation time. Saving money due to less discretionary spending. Not having to listen to the tech writers in the cubicles near me bitch every day about the quality of documents they recieve. Passing gas when I get the urge during business hours.

Leave a comment:

• maggot
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    In the US, alcoholic beverage distribution varies from state to state. In many states, supermarkets do sell them. In New York, supermarkets/groceries sell beer, but not wine or liquor.
    In Arizona, almost any store can sell alcoholic beverages if they obtain a license. . I have 7 establishments a mile from my house which do.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    In Louisiana, grocery stores, liquor stores, convenience stores, pharmacies, souvenir shops and any other businesses that have licenses can sell anything. But in Louisiana, we still have drive-through daiquiri shops.

Today I helped my uncle set up his raised bed garden from scratch, and I brought mine back to life. Altogether, I transferred 2 1/2 yards of garden soil by shovel. There are 6 yards in a full dump truck to give you an idea how much that is. I can't imagine that I would have gotten any more exercise if the gym had been open today. Tomorrow, I'll do the planting but that's the easy part.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 03-22-2020, 10:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    In Oregon (beer/wine only at grocery stores), liquor stores and weed dispensaries are open and presumably doing well. From my recent run through four grocery stores I'm confident that the local stores are all seeing much much higher volume than normal; I'm assuming that's common these days in other places too.
    Last edited by bad hammy; 03-21-2020, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    In NJ, liquor stores are open but bars are closed. Restaurants are take-out or delivery only, but can include bottles of alcohol with those orders.
    The same is true in NY.

Leave a comment:

• Halfmiler2
    replied
    In NJ, liquor stores are open but bars are closed except to sell take-out bottles. Restaurants are take-out or delivery only, but can include bottles of alcohol with those orders.
    Last edited by Halfmiler2; 03-22-2020, 04:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

Here in the UK, alcohol is much cheaper in supermarkets than it is in pubs, bars and (particularly) restaurants and hotels. Most of our liquor stores (off-licences) have gone out of business, other than those that are also convenience stores.
    In the US, alcoholic beverage distribution varies from state to state. In many states, supermarkets do sell them. In New York, supermarkets/groceries sell beer, but not wine or liquor.

Leave a comment:

• Helen S
    replied
    My guess is that liquor/wine stores are doing well. People in many states cannot drink in bars and restaurants, but do we think they've cut down on their drinking?
    Here in Pittsburgh, the state liquor stores are closed as non-essential (might be state wide?) BUT beer stores are still open as “essential.” Limited numbers of grocery stores who can also sell alcohol are unaffected.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    My guess is that liquor/wine stores are doing well. People in many states cannot drink in bars and restaurants, but do we think they've cut down on their drinking?
    Here in the UK, alcohol is much cheaper in supermarkets than it is in pubs, bars and (particularly) restaurants and hotels. Most of our liquor stores (off-licences) have gone out of business, other than those that are also convenience stores.
    Last edited by Trickstat; 03-21-2020, 07:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    One silver lining is that local nurseries are reporting a 30% increase in business over this time last year as folks try to figure out ways to not go stir-crazy, and I'm part of that 30%. I had a garden every year up until about 5 years ago when I started volunteer coaching with a youth track club. This year, I'm growing tomatoes, bell pepper, okra and zucchini. What's everyone else here doing to make up for no track and field?

Leave a comment:

• Adam$
    replied
    US Swimming Fed asks out:
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/...f-tokyo-games/

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    I can feed my facilitate my incipient binge-watching addiction into a full-blown social disorder!

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Thanks for throwing cold water on the initial post!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X