Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Kenny Rogers

Aged 81. Unusually he had 2 UK number one songs - 'Lucille' and 'Coward of the County'.

First Edition played at my high school. RIP

Comment

2ae86879cd6c0a55a7657fa5b2b0e281--chicken-roaster-seinfeld-e1500541022302.jpg

Comment

interesting trivia from his Wiki page: married 5 times, with each of the marriages lasting longer than the one that preceded it!

Comment

Not to be flip, but I guess he DID know when to fold 'em.

Comment

He had a great voice, but goodness he didnt write any of his hits, hard to consider him a great country artist. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post
              He had a great voice, but goodness he didnt write any of his hits, hard to consider him a great country artist. Not even close.
              So, you feel compelled to put him down on your list, on the day he passes away ? Wow !

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post
                by this rubric there has never been a great opera singer.... Enrico Caruso would be crushed

Comment

I didn’t realize that The Bee Gees wrote Islands in the Stream

Comment

Meanwhile....speaking of opera...

Plácido Domingo Says He Has the Coronavirus

“I beg everyone to be extremely careful,” the opera singer said in a Facebook post on Sunday after developing a fever and cough and testing positive for the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/a....co/RXOcytpHdH

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

by this rubric there has never been a great opera singer.... Enrico Caruso would be crushed
                      Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley are just a couple of rather notable popular singers not known for songwriting.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

An elite opera singer's voice compared to Kenny Rogers, . well, .. I'm speechless.

Comment

Originally posted by rsb3 View Post
                          So, you feel compelled to put him down on your list, on the day he passes away ? Wow !
                          I'm sure he was a great guy , he seemed to have a heart of gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley are just a couple of rather notable popular singers not known for songwriting.
                            Note that there is an obvious converse, here. Living a short drive from Nashville, it is not uncommon to hear guys playing at local wineries (to crowds of a dozen or so). Frequently they mention they are playing a song they wrote a while back, and start singing a Country staple.

Comment

Working...
                            X