• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    It's ALWAYS been Mary Ann!
    Of course....no question...

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
      Good question but there was sorta a vaccine for that back in the 19th century - using cowpox innoculations
      Still outbreaks in England in the 1880s...

https://www.britishnewspaperarchive....ag=news&page=0

Comment

• Meanwhile...

60% of Ohio nursing home staff refusing covid vaccine @GovMikeDeWine
        says

Comment

• No love for Lovey Howell?

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
            Good question but there was sorta a vaccine for that back in the 19th century - using cowpox innoculations
            It was the first vaccine, devised by Dr Edward Jenner who'd observed that milkmaids didn't seem to get smallpox. When I was 10, I went away with my school and one of our trips was to the Edward Jenner museum. The pictures of children with smallpox made a lasting impression.

Comment

• you know it has been a weird year when your car's annual "get service" light comes on and you find out you've only driven 600M in the interim (and about 200 on my vintage backup)

Comment

• Tell me....I only had 800 miles since an oil change but it had been over a year so I went in anyways...and that included 2 round trips to Portland...

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                  Tell me....I only had 800 miles since an oil change but it had been over a year so I went in anyways.
                  That's about where I am, a year gone and only 2000 miles. I feel like I SHOULD get an oil change, but do I really need one?

Comment

• Rounding up tax stuff, drove 1124 miles this year, gassed up six times. For the last few years, I have driven about 5000 miles/year. When I was active in oil bizz and collecting courthouse pics, I had some 50,000 to 60,000-mile years. Multiplying this trend by millions of drivers illustrates/explains why oil producers are not producing oil .........and why my revenue is down 90% for the year. I console myself by rationalizing that the oil is still in the ground and my kids will enjoy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                      my revenue is down 90% for the year.
                      The way you buy soup, you'll be fine!

Comment

• In mail delivery during Christmas & pandemic fun, my brother in Portland OR sent me (about 110 miles away) a package on Dec. 18th. The tracking system next caught up with it in Kansas City five days later on the 23rd, where it proceeded to bounce around various USPS facilities in Missouri for five days (two in KC, one in Columbia and another in Owensville) before it left the state and ended up this morning, twelve days later, in . . . . . Portland OR! No ETA in Eugene . . .

Comment

That's about where I am, a year gone and only 2000 miles. I feel like I SHOULD get an oil change, but do I really need one?
                          It was only $29.....I felt much better afterwards....

Comment

• Headline - Buffalo Bills granted permission to have fans at playoff game, first crowd of season

When the Buffalo Bills host their first playoff game in 25 years, they will be doing so in front of a live audience., , , Bills games had been closed to fans for the entire 2020 regular season as part of New York state's COVID-19 protocols regarding professional sports .The plan allows for 6,772 fans, with attendees needing to register a negative COVID-19 test before being granted entrance. The team will work with the state's Department of Health to conduct contact tracing afterward.

Fans will be socially distanced throughout the stadium, with masks required at all times. Fans who fail to comply will be ejected.
                            https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...t-crowd-season

Comment

• When the Buffalo Bills host their first playoff game in 25 years, they will be doing so in front of a live audience., , , Bills games had been closed to fans for the entire 2020 regular season as part of New York state's COVID-19 protocols regarding professional sports .The plan allows for 6,772 fans, with attendees needing to register a negative COVID-19 test before being granted entrance. The team will work with the state's Department of Health to conduct contact tracing afterward. Fans will be socially distanced throughout the stadium, with masks required at all times. Fans who fail to comply will be ejected.
                              That's a brave plan; hope it works. I would not wish to be a lab rat in that experiment.

Comment

The way you buy soup, you'll be fine!
                                My Campbells Chunky boycott has not been working lately. I have about 60 cans left. I cruise the soup aisles at my four main grocery stores every time I go to buy bananas. Ya never know when Campbells will capitulate.

Comment

Working...
                                X