Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New app can be used as proof you've been vaccinated for COVID-19

https://www.khou.com/article/news/he...9-20b586ec7d40
    The Common Pass app contains a user’s health information.
    It’s controlled by their doctors who can upload proof they’ve gotten the vaccine.

Meyer said the app is already getting lots of use from travelers coming to the U.S. from the United Kingdom.
    The app can be used to show they’ve been tested for the virus before they board.

Comment

• Apparently the vaccine rollout was a bit problematic for the folks down at Stanford:

A number of non-frontline employees of Stanford Medicine were given the COVID-19 vaccine over the weekend, the hospital confirmed, just two weeks after residents at Stanford Hospital protested the rollout of the first allotment of vaccines to administrators and physicians who are not in contact with patients.

Vaccine doses were offered by walk-in appointment Saturday and Sunday, the Stanford Daily first reported Wednesday. Although intended for frontline staff, "inaccurate information" led to a number of employees that do not qualify for the vaccine at this stage of the rollout being vaccinated.

"Unfortunately, this past weekend, inaccurate information regarding vaccine availability circulated within our community, leading some ineligible employees to receive a vaccination," Stanford Medicine said in part . . .
      https://www.sfgate.com/coronavirus/a...e-15836915.php

Comment

• Looks like being sick with covid while black can go deadly wrong, even for black doctors:

The president and CEO of an Indiana hospital has prompted backlash for releasing what medical professionals and health care advocates described as a "blame the victim" statement about a Black physician who died of COVID-19 after alleging she was mistreated by a doctor and nurses at his medical facility because of the color of her skin.

In a press release, Indiana University Hospital president and CEO Dennis M. Murphy described Dr. Susan Moore as a "complex patient" and said that during her stay at the IU Health North facility in Carmel, Indiana, the nursing staff treating her for coronavirus "may have been intimidated by a knowledgeable patient who was using social media to voice her concerns and critique the care they were delivering."

Moore, 52, who operated her own family practice, died at another hospital she went to a day after being discharged from IU Health North, her 19-year-old son, Henry Muhammed, told ABC News.

Before being sent home from IU Health North, Moore recorded a scathing review of her treatment and posted the video on her Facebook page, saying, "I put forth, and I maintain, if I was white, I wouldn't have to go through that."
        https://abcnews.go.com/US/hospital-c...9-death/story?

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
          Looks like being sick with covid while black can go deadly wrong, even for black doctors:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/hospital-c...9-death/story?
          Carmel, Indiana: 83% white, 2.7% black.

Mistreatment in health care and policing are why I (a black man) avoid living in US cities with un-diverse demographics like that.

Suffering in the hospital? You're the other and they can't bother.
          Arrested for a crime that didn't happen or you didn't commit, because of a cop or neighbor who racially profiled you? The jury will be all-white, good luck with that.

I also won't live in a US city or zip code where the percentages above are reversed; those areas present similar problems for black residents for different reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            That's about where I am, a year gone and only 2000 miles. I feel like I SHOULD get an oil change, but do I really need one?
            I always track my mileage and gasoline purchases and usually fill up the tank on New Year’s Eve. In 2019, I purchased 18 tanks of gasoline. In 2020, I only purchased 11 tanks of gasoline. 2,000+ miles (almost all local) instead of 4,000+ miles including highway.
            Last edited by Halfmiler2; 01-01-2021, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              That's about where I am, a year gone and only 2000 miles. I feel like I SHOULD get an oil change, but do I really need one?
              Hah we are driving our island car to the mainland right now, both for an oil change and so we can take more provisions home. Put less than 1,000 miles on it this year, but it has been a year since the last oil change. The folks at Jiffy Lube are always so confused...

Comment

• Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                Hah we are driving our island car to the mainland right now, both for an oil change and so we can take more provisions home. Put less than 1,000 miles on it this year, but it has been a year since the last oil change. The folks at Jiffy Lube are always so confused...
                We get asked about my wife's car, Kia Sorento (6 gkiddies and us at a time), when we take it there. In five and a half years, less than 9000 miles.

Comment

• From SW Florida. Covid? What;s Covid?

https://www.winknews.com/2020/12/31/...-celebrations/

In the meantime hospitalizations are up 200 a day. And yes this is the place where old folks stayed out all night for vaccines that most of them didn't get.

Comment

• More than 2,000 attend illegal New Year's party in France, despite coronavirus restrictions

More than 2,500 partygoers attended an illegal New Year's rave in the region of Brittany in France, despite the government's strict coronavirus restrictions and a national night-time curfew.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/01/europ...ntl/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                      From SW Florida. Covid? What;s Covid?

https://www.winknews.com/2020/12/31/...-celebrations/

In the meantime hospitalizations are up 200 a day. And yes this is the place where old folks stayed out all night for vaccines that most of them didn't get.
                      The below quote in your linked story by one Pete Vale is what I find so sad and depressing about the USA.

“I feel very optimistic 2021 will be much better and I feel like there’s good things coming in 2021,” said Pete Vale of Naples. "

Why? Because it is a quote better attributed to be coming from the covid-19 virus, instead of Mr. Vale.

It is the attitudes of these deluded selfish entitled nut jobs which will see that Dr. Fauci's prediction of 400,000 deaths will be massively under stated.

Comment

• How did they screw up so royally? The vials don't have proper labels?

In this particular case there's no harm done except wasted time, but they could have injected people with a lethal dose of something else.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...west-virginia/
                        West Virginia clinic gave 44 people an antibody treatment instead of the coronavirus vaccine

The West Virginia National Guard, which announced the error Thursday, said medical experts advising the state’s covid-19 response “do not believe there is any risk of harm” to the people. The Guard’s statement indicated 42 residents were affected, though county officials said the number was actually 44.

At the regional hospital, the county workers “signed a chain of custody form that said, ‘Moderna covid-19 vaccine,’ ” said Michael Mayhorn, director of emergency management in Boone County, which is in southwestern West Virginia and claims to be the birthplace of the American coal industry. “The packaging, the vials — there was nothing on them that said anything different.”
                        Last edited by 18.99s; 01-02-2021, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                          The below quote in your linked story by one Pete Vale is what I find so sad and depressing about the USA.
                          Lay off the generalizations. They are detrimental to an argument's credibility.

Comment

“I feel very optimistic 2021 will be much better and I feel like there’s good things coming in 2021,” said Pete Vale of Naples. "

Why? Because it is a quote better attributed to be coming from the covid-19 virus, instead of Mr. Vale.

It is the attitudes of these deluded selfish entitled nut jobs which will see that Dr. Fauci's prediction of 400,000 deaths will be massively under stated.
                            There IS a good thing coming in 2021. It's called covid vaccine.

Comment

USA bad bad BAD!!!!!

Your shit is tiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
                                I always track my mileage and gasoline purchases and usually fill up the tank on New Year’s Eve. In 2019, I purchased 18 tanks of gasoline. In 2020, I only purchased 11 tanks of gasoline.
                                I just looked at the mileage recorded on the paperwork from the oil change I had in late June, and realized that I've driven just under 400 miles in the 6 months since then. In a typical non-winter month before the pandemic, about once a month I would have done almost that much in a weekend trip somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X