Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

on coping with C19 lockdown

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

    USA bad bad BAD!!!!!

    Your shit is tiring.
    Yes. it's really draining to get a taste of our own medicine.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
      USA bad bad BAD!!!!!
      A country with a large percentage of covidiots. Maybe other countries do too but ours are encouraged from on high and the results are obvious & devastating . . .

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
        It is the attitudes of these deluded selfish entitled nut jobs which will see that Dr. Fauci's prediction of 400,000 deaths will be massively under stated.
        Already reached 346,000. At this point it would be a miracle if the total doesn't hit 500,000 by the end of 2021.

        Comment


        • meanwhile, in Britain....

          Covid fact-check: Is the UK mixing vaccines?
          Second jab from different supplier may be considered in exceptional cases


          https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1781707.html

          Comment


          • Ahhhh Georgia is DFL among states...

            Percent of Distributed Covid-19 Vaccine Doses Administered

            https://datawrapper.dwcdn.net/BzQ2d/1/

            Comment


            • My father got his 1st vaccine shot at the VA hospital yesterday and he said there was no wait at all.

              Comment


              • Meanwhile.....


                BREAKING: British Prime Minister @BorisJohnson
                orders new national lockdown in England, for 6 weeks until mid-February. Schools to shut, exams cancelled. Another very grim moment in this pandemic, but one that is clearly essential to combat fast-spreading new covid variant.


                Comment


                • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                  My father got his 1st vaccine shot at the VA hospital yesterday and he said there was no wait at all.
                  My county, in its continuing infinite wisdom, decided to give shots to the elderly at a downtown convention center, so you could stand in lines to get it.
                  I qualify, but I'll wait.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                    Meanwhile.....


                    BREAKING: British Prime Minister @BorisJohnson
                    orders new national lockdown in England, for 6 weeks until mid-February. Schools to shut, exams cancelled. Another very grim moment in this pandemic, but one that is clearly essential to combat fast-spreading new covid variant.

                    Today was the day most schools in England re-opened after the Christmas break.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      My county, in its continuing infinite wisdom, decided to give shots to the elderly at a downtown convention center, so you could stand in lines to get it.
                      I qualify, but I'll wait.
                      In ours they had you call a number to set up an appointment. My wife gave up after 15 minutes. A local Journalist called 64 times before he got through, then was disconnected. Think I'll mix up my own.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                        In ours they had you call a number to set up an appointment. My wife gave up after 15 minutes. A local Journalist called 64 times before he got through, then was disconnected. Think I'll mix up my own.
                        I figure the right opportunity will arise in the next 2 months for us fogeys. We've waited this long . . .

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          I figure the right opportunity will arise in the next 2 months for us fogeys. We've waited this long . . .
                          It looks to me as if my age group (also Garry's) of 65-74 without any comorbidities will be quite a bit down the California vaccination priority line, unlike in some other states. I suspect I'll catch the new variant of COVID and die before then.
                          Last edited by J Rorick; 01-05-2021, 05:14 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post

                            Hah we are driving our island car to the mainland right now, both for an oil change and so we can take more provisions home. Put less than 1,000 miles on it this year, but it has been a year since the last oil change. The folks at Jiffy Lube are always so confused...
                            Update: Went to Jiffy Lube and the (synthetic) oil looked perfect and they assured me the car did not need an oil change, despite it having been a year. I am glad I had it checked.

                            The car is a 2001 Camry with 155,000 miles, and we only drive ~2,000 miles/year or less on it. Hoping to get another 12 or so years out of it so my kids can drive it around the island when they are old enough to drive (oldest turns 10 soon). That seems cheaper than buying a newer car for them down the road.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                              they assured me the car did not need an oil change, despite it having been a year.
                              Our JLube is just up the road, but you just 'enabled' my laziness to put it off 6 more months. It's been 2K easy miles, since the last (a year ago).

                              Comment


                              • For $29 it wasn't worth not to change it...

                                Anyways here is AAA...


                                Note that if you do not put many miles on your car, most automakers recommend an oil change every 12 months, even if the maintenance reminder has not come on.


                                https://www.aaa.com/autorepair/artic...nge-engine-oil
                                Last edited by Conor Dary; 01-05-2021, 05:38 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X