Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully, that's shot with a vaccine. In the current atmosphere where old folks like us are expendable, one can't be too sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
      My daughter registered me yesterday for covid vax. I received an email this morning that as an 89-year-old diabetic I was in Phase 2 and would receive an email of where and when to report to be shot.
      Hopefully your invitation is not for the Soylent Green Vaccination Centre

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

Comment

• Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
        Hopefully, that's shot with a vaccine. In the current atmosphere where old folks like us are expendable, one can't be too sure.
        You know, In my minds eye I always pictured JRorick as being in his 20s..Age on these forums is very hard to predict based on the posts. But we are all expendable, we just need to stay helpful to those near to us so that they keep us around!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
          Hopefully your invitation is not for the Soylent Green Vaccination Centrehttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green
          Heston had some great movies. He was fantastic in this one and in Omega man where he further developed on variations of that planet of the apes character. "Get your stinking paws of me you damn dirty ape".

Comment

• Originally posted by user4 View Post

You know, In my minds eye I always pictured JRorick as being in his 20s..Age on these forums is very hard to predict based on the posts. But we are all expendable, we just need to stay helpful to those near to us so that they keep us around!
            Oh I'm probably still the youngest person here, and I'll be 40 in a year and a half...

Comment

• Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
              Oh I'm probably still the youngest person here, and I'll be 40 in a year and a half...
              ????? Impossible!!!!! Seems only yesterday (literally) you were a peripatetic pole-vaulter road-tripping across the US.

Comment

• Just got 2nd dose of the vaccine.

Comment

• Congrats - one fan ready for the OTs!

Comment

• There I was, the only fan in the stands, on the finish line, Coca-Cola and popcorn and Go State! pennant in hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                      My daughter registered me yesterday for covid vax. I received an email this morning that as an 89-year-old diabetic I was in Phase 2 and would receive an email of where and when to report to be shot.
                      If that's the case, before you "go", can I have the contact info so I can volunteer a few to receive the same email?

Comment

• One of the other docs in our group felt so badly with flu-like symptoms the day after her second dose that she cancelled her afternoon patients and went home. She was once ranked about 200th in the women's ATP rankings (tennis) so is kind of a tough customer. One of our MAs went home for the same reason (but she's one to more easily shirk a task.)

Comment

• Meanwhile.....

Coronavirus outbreaks make it 'morally wrong' to continue playing, says Steve Bruce

Newcastle boss Steve Bruce says it is "morally wrong" for football to continue amid increasing coronavirus outbreaks at clubs.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55590296

Comment

• Mild flu-like symptoms 14 hours after the shot. Achy, a little out of sorts. And some chills, no fever.
                            DrJay
                            Last edited by DrJay; 01-09-2021, 04:02 AM.

Comment

• Still a little bit achy today but nothing some ibuprofen or Tylenol won’t help.

Comment

• Originally posted by user4 View Post

Its not at all clear that her race had anything to do with either the hospitals treatment of her or her death. She might have gottten better care elsewhere, she might not of. She might have gotten worse treatment if she were white, she might not of. The article is a Rorschach test onto which every reader can project their own biases and prejudices.
                                And then:
                                "
                                Health disparities have been well documented in the medical literature. In 2002, the Institute of Medicine published Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care, a book-length study that concluded that: “A large body of published research reveals that racial and ethnic minorities experience a lower quality of health services, and are less likely to receive even routine medical procedures than are White Americans.”
                                Citing numerous examples, the authors wrote: “Significantly, these differences are associated with greater mortality among African-American patients.”
                                https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...fc0_story.html

Comment

Working...
                                X