X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    I hope the Australian Government appeals what I think is an unbelievable wrong decision.
    And separately, I hope the Australian Minister of Immigration cancels the visa.
    https://www.spiegel.de/international...3-7727d4795e97

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Conservative Activist Dies of COVID Complications After Attending Anti-Vax ‘Symposium’ (yahoo.com)

A well-known conservative activist in Arlington, Texas, who peddled COVID-19 vaccine misinformation has died of complications caused by the virus—just a few weeks after attending a “symposium” against the shots.

Leave a comment:

replied
    2 friends and I had to deal with a total jackass for June, July and August. Unquestionably a sociopath. I saw a face I didn't recognize (but thought I did) a few days ago in the news. Yes I admit to being completely uninterested in tennis. "Wtf, what is Dave doing in the news?" Oh - it's someone famous.

Same sneaky look in the eyes. You don't reach my age and be around the blocks I've travelled and not acquire more than a few "street smarts".

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Go with the medicine/ethics argument and they send him home. Go with the business of business (enhancing the tournament) and he stays.

I think the 'smart' move here is to rest his visa on whether he lied about having it and then knowingly exposed others to it.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
    "World tennis number one Novak Djokovic was released from Australian immigration detention after winning a court challenge to remain in the country to pursue his bid for a record 21st Grand Slam title at the upcoming Australian Open."

He gets to stay but does he get to play?
    I hope the Australian Government appeals what I think is an unbelievable wrong decision.

And separately, I hope the Australian Minister of Immigration cancels the visa.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    "World tennis number one Novak Djokovic was released from Australian immigration detention after winning a court challenge to remain in the country to pursue his bid for a record 21st Grand Slam title at the upcoming Australian Open."

He gets to stay but does he get to play?

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Here's some tweets about what Djocovid was doing on / around 16 December -

https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/status/1479737150967107586

https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/status/1479732736952786947

https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/status/1479731802302410755

Note that the deadline to apply for a medical exemption was 10 December 2021, before the certainly fictitious positive test on 16 December

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

You have a source for that, Tuariki. I'd love to see it.
    Never mind - I found it

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    And now his problem is that on the day he supposedly tested positive is that he attended unmasked a ceremony honouring him with a Serbian stamp bearing his image, and then the next day presenting awards unmasked to children, while he was supposedly covid-19 positive and infectitious.
    You have a source for that, Tuariki. I'd love to see it.

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Except for you bambam. 😎
    We all like to think we don't have a price, but ya never know.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied

As a famous friend once said, "Everyone has a price."
    Except for you bambam. 😎

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I think it's plausible that someone rich and famous in any country could corrupt a doctor, not just a small East European country.
    https://nypost.com/2008/12/03/doc-be...giant-boo-boo/
    As a famous friend once said, "Everyone has a price."

Leave a comment:

replied

And now his problem is that on the day he supposedly tested positive is that he attended unmasked a ceremony honouring him with a Serbian stamp bearing his image, and then the next day presenting awards unmasked to children, while he was supposedly covid-19 positive and infectitious.
    Novax Djerkovid.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied

I find it more than a little suspicious that Novax Djocovid suddenly has revealed that he had a positive COVID test on 16 December, conveniently just slightly more than 2 weeks before he left for the Australian Open. He is a legend in Serbia. Not hard to see how his team could have convinced a Serbian doctor to document that he had a positive COVID test.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied

I find it more than a little suspicious that Novax Djocovid suddenly has revealed that he had a positive COVID test on 16 December, conveniently just slightly more than 2 weeks before he left for the Australian Open. He is a legend in Serbia. Not hard to see how his team could have convinced a Serbian doctor to document that he had a positive COVID test.
    I think it's plausible that someone rich and famous in any country could corrupt a doctor, not just a small East European country.

https://nypost.com/2008/12/03/doc-be...giant-boo-boo/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X