Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

on coping with C19 lockdown

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

    Yes, you did say that, Conor Dary. Go back and look at your 1000s of posts, if you can find it within your personal negative clipping service that you use this message board for.

    Hey, you came back with LOL again - good one. Really good response.
    It seemed appropriate...

    Anyways everything I have stated on Covid I have sited a reliable source...including the Hydroxychloroquine nonsense...

    On that I bid adieu..

    Comment


    • The problem with how to prioritize the vaccine rollout is that we still have no idea how well the vaccine prevents people from spreading the virus to others. If the vaccine is really good at preventing spread, then vaccinating younger healthy people who are in close contact with many through their jobs is a high priority. If the vaccine is great at preventing serious illness, but does a poor job at preventing spread, vaccinating the old and those with serious commorbidities first is going to give more bang for the buck.

      We don't know, so whatever. We just need to get shots in as many arms as possible, as fast as possible.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
        The problem with how to prioritize the vaccine rollout is that we still have no idea how well the vaccine prevents people from spreading the virus to others. If the vaccine is really good at preventing spread, then vaccinating younger healthy people who are in close contact with many through their jobs is a high priority. If the vaccine is great at preventing serious illness, but does a poor job at preventing spread, vaccinating the old and those with serious commorbidities first is going to give more bang for the buck.

        We don't know, so whatever. We just need to get shots in as many arms as possible, as fast as possible.
        It is a bit of a problem...but considering what we know so far vaccinating the most vulnerable is the best route...and the easiest...after health care workers going by age is the most straightforward....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
          It is a bit of a problem...but considering what we know so far vaccinating the most vulnerable is the best route...and the easiest...after health care workers going by age is the most straightforward....
          Im hoping someone in my State will read this most basic and sound advice. There is no reason why a 76 year old woman like my mother is still waiting to get her vaccine shot as the state gives the vaccine to 23 year old prisoners with zero chance of dying from the virus.
          https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/18/h...achusetts.html
          Last edited by user4; 01-11-2021, 03:54 PM.

          Comment


          • Ireland had one of the lowest coronavirus rates in Europe. It’s now highest in the world.

            https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...a90_story.html

            Comment


            • Our G.P. has scheduled us for our vaccinations on Jan30/Feb27. Yay. SW Florida. In her office.About 22000 vaccinations in my county (Lee) so far. 240000 people over 65.
              Last edited by jeremyp; 01-11-2021, 09:23 PM.

              Comment


              • My wife and I got first dose of Moderna vaccine today. Very happy to be able to get it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                  Our G.P. has scheduled us for our vaccinations on Jan30/Feb27. Yay. SW Florida.
                  Alas, NE Florida is not as enlightened. It's completely FUBAR here.

                  Comment


                  • My brother and his wife in SW Okla were vaccinated yesterday when they got a last minute call to salvage surplus vaccine.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Alas, NE Florida is not as enlightened. It's completely FUBAR here.
                      You have 18 years of TP hoarded. You won't need the vaccine for quite a while!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gm View Post
                        You have 18 years of TP hoarded. You won't need the vaccine for quite a while!
                        Absolutely! I'm taking the long view on this. Lots more people need it than me. My wife agrees!

                        Comment


                        • My brother's text about his second shot:

                          No fever but soreness in my back, achy, chills. Wrapped up in a blanket right now.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            Alas, NE Florida is not as enlightened. It's completely FUBAR here.
                            Even Sumpter County's having issues. I would have thought DeSantis would have made sure the old goats of the Villages were well vaccinated to ensure support even if he had to administer the shots himself.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                              My brother's text about his second shot:
                              While getting our shots yesterday I talked to one of my partners who got both shots, and also about 6 months ago had COVID19. He said he felt pretty crappy after the second shot. It lasted about 2 days but he's doing fine now, both from the vaccines and COVID

                              Comment


                              • I am also hearing the size effects are primarily after the second shot.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X