Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    I am also hearing the size effects are primarily after the second shot.
    Oh dear, what grows?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Oh dear, what grows?!
      One of the shots is a Pfizer product, after all . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Oh dear, what grows?!
        Hmmm. Maybe we could take the vaccine in the groin rather than upper arm

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
          among U.S.. changes will be using available supplies for first shots for more people, rather than smaller group getting both

Facing a slower-than-hoped coronavirus vaccine rollout, the Trump administration abruptly shifted gears Tuesday to speed the delivery of shots to more people. The move came as cases and deaths surged to alarming new highs.

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced a series of major changes to increase supply of vaccines, extend eligibility to more seniors and provide more locations for people to get shots. Administration officials describing the new policies conveyed a notable sense of urgency.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...-dose-75196062
          That is great news but for instance in my state, we had a governor that set the roll out priorities in the exact opposite of the risks with perfectly healthy teen prisoners set to receive the vaccine before the elderly and frail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
            It's also easy to have low numbers when you don't test. For example, the following figures are tests per million of population.

USA - 830,000
            Kenya - 20,000
            South Sudan - 7000
            Nigeria - 5,000

There is no blame on these low testing countries. When you don't have resources to test then you can't test.
            And it would also be a complete waste of resources for those populations to test because 99.9% of their population is not at risk of harm from the virus. Nigeria for instance has a median age of 18.. The last thing they need to worry about is covid.

Comment

• Mrs. tandfman and I both got our first shots (Moderna) this evening.

Comment

• Good to hear...

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                  Mrs. tandfman and I both got our first shots (Moderna) this evening.
                  Now the morning after. I have a slight soreness at the injection point. No worse than the annual flu shot. No other side-effects.

Comment

• The tourists who believe travel restrictions don't apply to them

The past month has seen a slew of high-profile cases of tourists getting in trouble for breaking the rules while on a sun-and-sand vacation.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/c...ers/index.html

Comment

COVID policy is going to get even more complicated when, on the one hand, a sizable and growing minority of the population has been vaccinated and wants to resume higher-risk activities and, OTOH, people who aren't immune may have more risk than ever because of new variants.

Comment

• I believe it was on this thread that one poster referred to Dick Pound as an asshole (cannot check that anymore) - this is a pretty good story on him - not paywalled though this site usually is - http://aroundtherings.com/site/A__10...t/292/Articles

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                          I believe it was on this thread that one poster referred to Dick Pound as an asshole (cannot check that anymore) - this is a pretty good story on him
                          His staring down of the political correctness agenda and, quite frankly, his no nonsense, get-on-and-call-a-spade-a-spade ability to say what most people are thinking when it comes to anti-doping; not least in recent years on the IOC’s reluctance to side with athlete and public opinion and failure to ban Russia at Rio 2016 following the worst doping scandal in history.

In a world when political correctness has reached boiling point, and when the increasingly farfetched efforts by a vocal minority on the illiberal left to impose out-of-touch politically correct agendas on the majority are starting to be questioned in the mainstream, Dick Pound has stood out as an anti-doping voice of reason. This is perhaps best evidenced by the fact that, from press conferences to WADA board meetings, Dick and his sharp tongue on the anti-doping issues of the day would be in high demand, offering soundbites to reporters where many others may be thinking the obvious, but would fail to say it.
                          Interesting - the author is obviously a Pound apologist and anti-PCer.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv2q...g-gfC_&index=2

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                              I believe it was on this thread that one poster referred to Dick Pound as an asshole (cannot check that anymore) - this is a pretty good story on him - not paywalled though this site usually is - http://aroundtherings.com/site/A__10...t/292/Articles
                              Lol....I wonder who that could be....anyways I took back that unfortunate comment...but if you want to repeat it...well...

The illiberal left....and the media...Right!....they are all for doping!

And recent events in Washington show the problem isn't political correctness and certainly not where the boiling has been reached...and what are these out-of-touch politically correct agendas being imposed?

In a world when political correctness has reached boiling point, and when the increasingly farfetched efforts by a vocal minority on the illiberal left to impose out-of-touch politically correct agendas on the majority are starting to be questioned in the mainstream, Dick Pound has stood out as an anti-doping voice of reason.
                              Last edited by Conor Dary; 01-17-2021, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• This is pretty silly...but unfortunately rather common these days...

As Dick calls time on his anti-doping career, the tide is, in the UK at least, turning against the illiberal “liberalism” with a cultural war on wokeism gaining traction after years of Orwellian-like thoughtcrime imposed on anyone that may cross its path and accidentally, or purportedly, “offend” someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X