Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Surge of Student Suicides Pushes Las Vegas Schools to Reopen
    How about a belated New Year's resolution to post 5 happy things for each dark one?

Comment

• Is this place a kindergarten now?

It's not raining in Eugene now....that's good...Hayward Field is still there...
      Conor Dary
      Last edited by Conor Dary; 01-24-2021, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        How about a belated New Year's resolution to post 5 happy things for each dark one?
        How about posting 1 happy thing for every 5 dark ones? That would be an improvement from the Prince of Darkness.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

How about posting 1 happy thing for every 5 dark ones? That would be an improvement from the Prince of Darkness.
          Someone is not happy...don't you people read newspapers or anything.....

Anyways I see Fauci had the same problem...

There were a couple of times where I would make a statement that was a pessimistic viewpoint about what direction we were going, and the president would call me up and say, “Hey, why aren’t you more positive? You’ve got to take a positive attitude. Why are you so negativistic? Be more positive.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/24/h....co/vPcJLUM8MB
          Conor Dary
          Last edited by Conor Dary; 01-24-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Someone is not happy...don't you people read newspapers or anything.....

Anyways I see Fauci had the same problem...

There were a couple of times where I would make a statement that was a pessimistic viewpoint about what direction we were going, and the president would call me up and say, “Hey, why aren’t you more positive? You’ve got to take a positive attitude. Why are you so negativistic? Be more positive.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/24/h....co/vPcJLUM8MB
            It doesn't mean you have to poison this forum with your negativism. I feel sorry for you. You are more negative than any person I've ever dealt with.

Comment

Is this place a kindergarten now?

It's not raining in Eugene now....that's good...Hayward Field is still there...
              I'll be honest with you, Conor Dary. I think this forum would be a better place if you just went away, permanently, before many of the regular posters decide to do that to get away from you.

You should like that. Its a negative statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

I'll be honest with you, Conor Dary. I think this forum would be a better place if you just went away, permanently, before many of the regular posters decide to do that to get away from you.

You should like that. Its a negative statement.
                Well I'm not leaving....especially now....

And I take that as a no on newspapers....
                Conor Dary
                Last edited by Conor Dary; 01-24-2021, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

My Publix is offering them, if you get on the computer at 6 a.m. and wait and wait until they’re booked up. I’ll give it a few more weeks.
                  A neighbor of ours got a call from a "friend" 70 miles away telling her that they had some vaccines left. and would she want one? She did, and drove there (age 78) and had it injected. I guess it pays to "know" people in the right places.

Comment

A neighbor of ours got a call from a "friend" 70 miles away telling her that they had some vaccines left. and would she want one? She did, and drove there (age 78) and had it injected. I guess it pays to "know" people in the right places.
                    Good for her, but that's way too haphazard for managing such a perishable precious resource.

If a place can administer X doses in a day, the appointment system should allow an extra 5% or 10% (or some other reasonable estimate) to sign up as standby. Then as the end of the day approaches, notify the standby people to let them know how many unused doses (if any) will be available for them.

If you are #17 on the standby list and they say they have 18 excess doses available, you know you'll get one. But if you are #19, you can either decide not to show up, or you take your chances and show up anyway hoping that somebody ahead of you doesn't show up.

Comment

Better hope they also have extra doses left over for the second shot!

Comment

I thought the second shot was required to be administered in the same county the first shot was?

Comment

The extra doses are the result of people who made appointments and then didn't show up, so the second shot availability (or lack thereof) will be the same as if everybody on the appointment list showed up for the first shot.

Comment

I would if we could talk politics....[but we can't, so the rest of your post is excised}
                            gh
                            Administrator
                            Last edited by gh; 01-25-2021, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I thought the second shot was required to be administered in the same county the first shot was?
                              She’s signed up for second shot in same place.

Comment

She’s signed up for second shot in same place.
                                I was concerned when I read, the day after I get my first, that the place I got it was closing as a Covid vax site, but subsequently read that it would ONLY be open for the second shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X