X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NotDutra5
    replied
    https://news.yahoo.com/florida-now-h...090013615.html

Which U.S. state has the lowest COVID-19 rate right now?

It’s not California, home of America’s strictest mask and vaccine requirements. Nor is it Vermont, even though 71 percent of residents there have been fully inoculated — the most in the country.

No, the state with the fewest daily COVID cases per capita is the same one that recently had more than any other: Florida.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

I repeat: She's ill, do the right thing and do as she asks, rather than pander to one's ego. I saw an 80+ woman in the gym today with a trainer who was 30+, neither wore a mask, and their faces were 2-3 feet apart as they talked. That's wrong in my book. Even if both were vaccinated.
    I agree. Whenever I'm around my parents I keep some distance and if I do have to get in their faces for whatever reason I put on a mask.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Oregon is mask central and has lots of cases and hospitalizations because a lot of people are too stupid to get vaccinated.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

As well as stupid.
    The only stupid thing is not being vaccinated....

Getting vaccinated protects against severe illness from COVID-19, including the Delta variant...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-27-2021, 09:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied

I repeat: She's ill, do the right thing and do as she asks, rather than pander to one's ego. I saw an 80+ woman in the gym today with a trainer who was 30+, neither wore a mask, and their faces were 2-3 feet apart as they talked. That's wrong in my book. Even if both were vaccinated.
    As well as stupid.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

In Minnesota masks aren't required anywhere...and they are doing quite well.....

Leave a comment:

• J Rorick
    replied

In Minnesota masks aren't required anywhere...and they are doing quite well.....
    Global Epidemic figures from yesterday say Minnesota's average new cases for last 7 days (10/19-10/25) is 2139 daily. That's 37.9 per 100K population, which places them #10 (highest). Hardly doing "quite well."

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Meanwhile..

As Florida’s DeSantis descends into anti-vaxx Crazyville, Miami-Dade Schools follows the data | Editorial

https://amp.miamiherald.com/opinion/...mpression=true

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

His other options were: 1. To drag her outside, and it was in the high 80's. 2. To sit out in the hall and talk. The issue here is for a woman with cancer, give her what she requests, not your sanctimonious prattle.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    I asked Super Granddaughter Karen what she thought about the Karen thing. Her response was a silent middle finger.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Can we back off my family please? You guys already have been all over Karens, which is my wife's name. Now Typhoid Mary [Mallon]. My father did our family genealogy back in the 1990s before he died in 2000. Mary Mallon was my grandfather's aunt. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Mallon

FWIW, Mrs BamBam (Karen) and I got our Moderna boosters yesterday - our 3rd shot. Her arm is a little sore but otherwise OK. I actually had a little reaction to this one - none on the first two - I got really tired last night very early and had a headache, but feel fine today.
    My niece played a girl who died from typhoid in the PBS show on Typhoid Mary...very sad...and she didn't even get a screen credit! So consider yourself lucky.
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-26-2021, 11:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

“I felt like the White House had gotten somewhat complacent through the campaign season,” said Deborah Birx, who President Donald Trump chose in March 2020 to steer his government’s virus response, according to interview excerpts released by the House select subcommittee on the pandemic.

Birx, who sat for interviews with the subcommittee on Oct. 12 and 13, also detailed advice that she said the White House ignored late last year, including more aggressively testing younger Americans, expanding access to virus treatments and better distributing vaccine doses in long-term care facilities.

More than 130,000 American lives could have been saved with swifter action and better coordinated public health messages after the virus’s first wave, Birx told investigators.

“I believe if we had fully implemented the mask mandates, the reduction in indoor dining, the getting friends and family to understand the risk of gathering in private homes, and we had increased testing, that we probably could have decreased fatalities into the 30-percent-less to 40-percent-less range,” Birx said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ress-pandemic/

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

Other options are getting vaccinated...I agree with him on this point.
    His other options were: 1. To drag her outside, and it was in the high 80's. 2. To sit out in the hall and talk. The issue here is for a woman with cancer, give her what she requests, not your sanctimonious prattle.

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    And the UK government has handled it like she is Typhoid Mary.
    Can we back off my family please? You guys already have been all over Karens, which is my wife's name. Now Typhoid Mary [Mallon]. My father did our family genealogy back in the 1990s before he died in 2000. Mary Mallon was my grandfather's aunt. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Mallon

FWIW, Mrs BamBam (Karen) and I got our Moderna boosters yesterday - our 3rd shot. Her arm is a little sore but otherwise OK. I actually had a little reaction to this one - none on the first two - I got really tired last night very early and had a headache, but feel fine today.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    I have had few to no issues conversating with people wearing masks. Well, except from those who are ardently anti-mask, and they're just childish anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X