Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

on coping with C19 lockdown

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We traveled forty miles (by SUV!) in the beginning of yet another snowstorm to get my 2nd shot (Moderna) this morning. We will see about the side effects which they told us occur 12 to 24 hours afterwards.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
      We traveled forty miles (by SUV!) in the beginning of yet another snowstorm to get my 2nd shot (Moderna) this morning. We will see about the side effects which they told us occur 12 to 24 hours afterwards.
      Got ours (2ndM) yesterday and my arm is a little bit sorer than last time, and my sleep was restless. My wife was throwing up by evening. She says she's a little better today.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gm View Post

        I am pretty selective in my reading, too, avoiding yappers if at all possible. Yapper being defined as someone who ultimately is looking to entertain rather than calmly inform.
        Hmm! A famous one died yesterday. Don't all Rush to figure out who.

        Comment


        • After 48 hours, I have had very little side effect from the 2nd Moderna shot. I am not quite 100% but nothing really bad.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
            After 48 hours, I have had very little side effect from the 2nd Moderna shot. I am not quite 100% but nothing really bad.
            The Missus I and feel great today, 2 days later.

            Comment


            • Pandemic Haiku:

              So I'm 10 years old
              School, friends, soccer, sleepovers
              Not a chance this year

              Twenty years old now
              Full tuition, no classes
              Quarantine in dorm

              Thirty to 50
              Can only work from home
              Know where to stick Zoom

              Getting much older
              Out to dinner, see a show
              Only in my dreams

              Cannot exercise
              Take a walk around the block
              Mask up, cover nose

              First shot, second shot
              Like card to get out of jail
              Hope for solution

              Comment


              • No, i'm not clever enough to have written that stuff. It was forwarded to me by an old friend (retired MD who was a fraternity brother). Not sure he wrote it either.

                Comment


                • from the NY Times morning briefing (bf mine):

                  <<Roughly one year since the first known coronavirus-related death was reported in the U.S., an unfathomable toll is nearing — the loss of half a million people. As of Sunday, the pandemic death toll was 497,403, higher than in any other country. More Americans have died from Covid-19 than on the battlefields of World War I, World War II and the Vietnam War combined>>.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by gh View Post
                    Roughly one year since the first known coronavirus-related death was reported in the U.S. More Americans have died from Covid-19 than on the battlefields of World War I, World War II and the Vietnam War combined.
                    Approaching the original C-word. Cancer killed a little over 600,000 Americans in 2020.

                    Comment


                    • Front page of the Times today...

                      Comment


                      • Today is National Margarita Day! Skol!



                        Comment


                        • Don't let my girfirend know, or I'll have to make one for her! Actually, her preferred drink has become pastis after we went to southern France
                          For what it's worth, I'm another rickety old guy who has now received the second dose of Moderna vaccine yesterday, and I have a mild degree of achiness, nothing more!

                          Comment


                          • Man I hope this is the case...

                            Vaccine makers Pfizer and Moderna pledge massive boost to U.S. supply after sluggish rollout

                            Drug companies told lawmakers Tuesday that they project a major increase in vaccine deliveries that will result in 140 million more doses over the next five weeks, saying they have solved manufacturing challenges and are in a position to overcome scarcity that has hampered the nation’s fight against the coronavirus.

                            https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...fizer-moderna/

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bhall View Post
                              Drug companies told lawmakers Tuesday that they project a major increase in vaccine deliveries that will result in 140 million more doses over the next five weeks, saying they have solved manufacturing challenges and are in a position to overcome scarcity that has hampered the nation’s fight against the coronavirus.
                              Outstanding news, not just for us, but the rest of the world!

                              Comment


                              • Got my second shot today. Just as for the first one, I did not even feel the shot. Came home immediately for my daily walk/jog. Unlike after the first shot, I was strangely slightly fatigued with low backache for the first mile. Sat down at the one-mile bench, tied my shoe, resumed walk with no further discomfort or fatigue. All good now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X