Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    In my 20 years, I was always proud at the behavior of those serving with me. We knew we there to serve the broader needs of a nation, and we knew there was a lot of sacrifices involved.
    Amen!!! During my "excellent military adventure",1949-74, I do not recall a proliferation of "smarter than the brass" malcontents. We all recognized there was some serious stuff going on. It was simple, obey your superiors, your subordinates obeyed you. Worked pretty well. I guess before TV, internet, cell phones we were all too dumb/unwoke to know what was good for us.
    Last edited by lonewolf; 02-28-2021, 05:25 AM.

Comment

• My memories are the same as Lonewolf.

When I was in Basic (1974) at Fort Lost in the Woods, in Wayne, Missouri, you just lined uo every week and the medics walked down the line zapping you with that weeks vaccine.

I'm not even sure if they even told us what vaccine it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
        Probably because the vaccines are still under emergency use authorization; they have not received full-fledged FDA approval yet.
        That would be my guess too. Why should they be forced to take something that doesn't yet meet the standards that other vaccines meet that they are forced to take?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
          My memories are the same as Lonewolf.

When I was in Basic (1974) at Fort Lost in the Woods, in Wayne, Missouri, you just lined uo every week and the medics walked down the line zapping you with that weeks vaccine.

I'm not even sure if they even told us what vaccine it was.
          Yup! The old shot gun that had to be banned for being unhygienic.Is this the new "woke" army. I don't have to go to war if I don't want to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            What tours did you serve in the military?
            In my 20 years, I was always proud at the behavior of those serving with me. We knew we there to serve the broader needs of a nation, and we knew there was a lot of sacrifice involved.
            Your cynicism is 'duly noted' (thanks, gm).
            Are you seriously telling me you didn't run across your fair share of Jackasses in the military? I had a C.O. who said Blacks couldn't get hurt if you hit them in the head. I could go on but won't.

Comment

• Employees at a private Wisconsin company owned by two top Republican donors in the US have faced significantly higher rates of Covid-19 infection and have filed numerous complaints about workplace safety to federal authorities, according to a Guardian investigation into Uline

Dick and Liz Uihlein, the billionaire founders of the Uline packaging and office supply company who were once dubbed the “most powerful conservatives you never heard of”, have been critics of Wisconsin stay-at-home orders and, some employees fear, used their considerable political clout to try to challenge safety rules in the state.
              An internal document seen by the Guardian shows that at least 14% of Uline’s corporate workforce has tested positive for Covid-19 since last April, compared to 8.7% of the population in Kenosha county, where the company’s corporate office is located.
              https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/28/uline-dick-liz-uihlein-workers-covid-safety

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                Are you seriously telling me you didn't run across your fair share of Jackasses in the military? I had a C.O. who said Blacks couldn't get hurt if you hit them in the head. I could go on but won't.
                Oh, absolutely yes! My point was that, by and large, my colleagues were more altruistic than the civilians I dealt with at the time.

Comment

• oops, time to diet!

Covid-19 death rates 10 times higher in countries where most adults are overweight, report finds

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                    Covid-19 death rates 10 times higher in countries where most adults are overweight, report finds
                    Then much of the Deep South is DOOMED!

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                      oops, time to diet!

At 187 / 97.0, my BMI is 27.7 and classified as lower range of overweight for a 69 year old Maori male

However, for me to feel skinny, all I have ever had to do was visit Disneyland.

Comment

• meanwhile in the enlightened paradise that is Brazil....

Covid: Bolsonaro tells Brazilians to stop 'whining' as deaths top 260,000

Critics condemn far-right president as ‘incurable sociopath’ after he told supporters: ‘How long are you going to keep on crying?’

Comment

• That will help...

World's Worst Covid Crisis Is Unfolding in Brazil, Where No Fix Seems to Work

Three adjacent cities with three different approaches illustrate the despair.

More than a year after a spiked virus launched a murderous campaign across the globe, most countries have put the worst behind them, aided by aggressive government policies and vaccines.

Not Brazil.

The continent-sized nation of 212 million is facing more Covid deaths and cases than ever, its hospitals overflowing, its policy in disarray, its vaccine supply severely limited. In addition to a president who scoffs at the disease, rejects masks and leaves each state on its own, the country plays host to a variant that’s more contagious and possibly deadlier.

Comment

• Comment

• CDC: Easing mask mandates, re-opening restaurants led to higher COVID cases, deaths

Comment

• Donald Trump and his wife got vaccinated in secret two months ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X