Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado opened up to healthy people 50 and over last Friday and Mrs. DrJay received her first shot yesterday. There is rumor that the state may open up to all adults, basically everyone, in two weeks. Thus, Miss DrJay Jr (19-year-old daughter) might get hers soon. Mr. DrJay Jr (21-year-old son) currently has Covid, symptoms started Monday, mild as of yesterday evening.

Comment

• Meanwhile...

Krispy Kreme’s ‘sweet’ vaccine promotion leads to bitter Twitter war

Comment

• Not sure if it was posted elsewhere, but California announced widening eligibility today, down to age 50 starting April 1 and all adults 16 and over on April 15.

Comment

• Florida going to 18 on April 5th (the same day I'm scheduled for shot 2).

Comment

• The Gambling Company That Had the Best Pandemic Ever

Lockdowns helped Britain’s most profitable online betting outfit, bet365, hit the jackpot. For addicted gamblers, it has been a disaster.

Lockdowns helped Britain’s most profitable online betting outfit, bet365, hit the jackpot. For addicted gamblers, it has been a disaster.

Comment

• We’re getting a shot of optimism along with the COVID-19 vaccine

Comment

• Oh dear....that again...of course Atticus foresaw this...

Suez Canal ship crisis may unleash worldwide toilet paper shortage

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                  Oh dear....that again...of course Atticus foresaw this...

Suez Canal ship crisis may unleash worldwide toilet paper shortage

https://mobile.twitter.com/nypost/st...17386992611331
                  I read about the toilet paper connection earlier this week. I didn't buy any extra last year but maybe now there might be a real shortage and not an imagined one.

Comment

• Meanwhile...Financial Times..

The high life at home

British Airways is to start delivering airline meals to console the frustrated flyer.

Is there any cuisine more maligned than that served at 38,000ft? We all know the jokes about the soggy salads and indeterminate meat but, secretly and a little guiltily, I have always rather adored it: the chewy, nutty little cheese rolls on Swiss, the chunks of real honeycomb on Turkish, Lufthansa’s pretzels, Virgin’s scones with clotted cream. I make sure I’m awake in time for the pre-arrival sausage and eggs on overnight flights. I’ve even enjoyed easyJet’s mouth-scorching croque monsieurs, and in the distant past was known to dabble with Ryanair’s Bullseye Baggies, spirit shots served in plastic bags and always two for the price of one.

Objectively the food might not rival that served in restaurants on terra firma, but there is something deeply satisfying about the whole performance. Waiting for the trolley to reach your row, surveying the compartmentalised tray, fiddling with the Lilliputian salt and pepper shakers, fussing with the hot towels — tiny sacraments that presage the start of an overseas adventure.

All that has, of course, been swept away in the last year and I’m not alone in missing it. For four days in October, Singapore Airlines offered the chance to dine on an A380 that never left the ground; tickets sold out in 30 minutes. Now British Airways has stepped in to offer succour to frustrated frequent flyers: a recipe box service, launching this weekend, which will deliver food from its first-class cabin to those grounded at home.

Comment

• The folks I've encountered who didn't get the vaccine as soon as they became eligible fall into 3 categories:
                      • 1. The anti-vaxxer/flat earther types whose attitude about the vaccine is often times shaped by their politics.

2. The indecisive type who say that they're going to "wait-and-see" but they have no answer when you ask them what information they're waiting on.

3. The rational, cautious type who believe in vaccines, and know that they're taking a risk by not getting it, but are spooked by the EUA status of the vaccines and afraid of the unknown short-term and long-term side effects of them.

I work with a few people in the third category, all of whom have STEM backgrounds in chemistry and/or biology, and some of them have even taken the time to read a good bit of medical literature and mundane research papers about the development of the vaccines.

Comment

• Some people would categorize that 3rd group as "stupid". I would not.

Comment

• On 3...Uninformed is a better term which is what most are saying..and of course politics play alot....I don't know anyone who is at all hesitant on the Moderna or the Pfizer shot...

Unfortunately the folks running AZ seem rather clueless....no wonder people are sceptical...

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                            Some people would categorize that 3rd group as "stupid". I would not.
                            Me neither. As I said earlier, when I read all the disclaimers I had to sign, it gave me pause. I got the vaccine, but I wouldn't describe getting it a no-brainer like the polio or measles vaccines. One of the folks in category 3 who works with me, said he used to get the flu vaccine every year and then one year he got really sick after getting the vaccine and vowed never to get a flu vaccine again. He said he looks at the COVID-19 vaccine the same way he looks at other flu vaccines.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Me neither. As I said earlier, when I read all the disclaimers I had to sign, it gave me pause. I got the vaccine, but I wouldn't describe getting it a no-brainer like the polio or measles vaccines. One of the folks in category 3 who works with me, said he used to get the flu vaccine every year and then one year he got really sick after getting the vaccine and vowed never to get a flu vaccine again. He said he looks at the COVID-19 vaccine the same way he looks at other flu vaccines.
                              I don't always get the seasonal flu shot...But comparing Covid to seasonal flu is stupid...
                              Last edited by Conor Dary; 03-28-2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

I don't always get the seasonal flu shot...But comparing Covid to seasonal flu is stupid...
                                depending on where you live and how old you are your experience will be different, but I suspect most everybody here is semi-confined to home. As someone who has been a cyber-commuter for the better part of a decade, and who to boot has lived alone for the last 9 months, allow me to toss out a couple of hints: 1. keep up your

🙄🙄🙄

Comment

Working...
                                X