Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The all caps as an absolute effect is very strong lately and accomplishes very little....at least not in the direction one might want it to.

So we're going to "trust and/or believe the science" until something comes along which we don't necessarily believe to be true....then it's a problem.

Last edited by NotDutra5; 03-31-2021, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Science REALLY 😃 doesn't like 100% certainty predictions from clinical trial results.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Jeez, my BS-meter is blaring! That cannot promise that ZERO adolescents will come down with Covid after they receive the vax, just because none did in their sample. If they had said, 'elicited' instead of 'elicits', I'd cut them some slack.
        You're conflating what the trial showed and what a journalist wrote.

Here is what Pfizer actually reported - https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-re...esults-pivotal

Comment

• Not surprising.....young people are very unlikely to be infected anyways...

Comment

• Meanwhile...

Liberals’ New Vaccine Trick: Driving Deep Into Trump Country

https://www.thedailybeast.com/vaccin...er&via=desktop

Comment

• Meanwhile...in the Financial Times..

‘Zero’ jabs will cross the Channel unless AstraZeneca hits target, warns Brussels

SAM FLEMING AND MICHAEL PEEL — BRUSSELS GEORGE PARKER — LONDON

A senior Brussels policymaker has sought to quash British hopes of obtaining AstraZeneca vaccines manufactured in the EU, saying “zero” jabs would be shipped across the Channel if the company failed to meet its commitments to the bloc.

Thierry Breton, internal market commissioner, played down a positive outcome for talks going on between Brussels and London over vaccine production, saying “there is nothing to negotiate” between the two parties.

Comment

• Meanwhile....

‘Covid passports’ trial set to go ahead

Ministers hope several large sporting events will use the digital certificates

JIM PICKARD AND ANNA GROSS

Pilot schemes for “coronavirus-free” mass events, which will include the trial of contentious “Covid passports”, will be held in the UK within weeks under plans being drawn up by ministers.
                Some of the most high-profile sporting occasions, including the FA Cup semi-finals and final in football and the World Snooker Championship, are expected to take part, along with the music industry’s Brit Awards. Those attending will have coronavirus tests before and after each event, under the proposals. Government insiders also said that ministers were hoping at least some of the gatherings would trial the first use of digital Covid certificates that would provide proof that someone has either had the vaccine, a recent clear test or has antibodies for the virus.

Comment

• FL Gov DeSantis signed EO banning COVID passports use in the state. The one result is confusion since some colleges were requiring a vaccine to return to school in the fall.

Comment

• Meanwhile....

He said he spent $15,000 on a Disney World trip. He refused a temperature check and got arrested.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/trave...s-coronavirus/

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                      He said he spent $15,000 on a Disney World trip. He refused a temperature check and got arrested.
                      “I paid $15,000. You can’t trespass me for paying $15,000,” said Sills

Sills was trespassed from all Disney property, the arrest report said.
                      When did the word 'trespass' acquire this meaning?

Comment

When did the word 'trespass' acquire this meaning?
                        I'm not sure if I'm answering the correct question but, if asked to leave the premises in Florida by an owner of property, a refusal is committing trespass and the offender can be arrested.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I'm not sure if I'm answering the correct question but, if asked to leave the premises in Florida by an owner of property, a refusal is committing trespass and the offender can be arrested.
                          In that sense, and in the traditional meaning of the word, the individual refusing to leave is the one who's trespassing.

The way it was used by that guy, and in a few other recent situations, they say the owner of the property or the police "trespassed" the offending individual off of the property. In other words, if you refuse to leave my property, I will trespass YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

In that sense, and in the traditional meaning of the word, the individual refusing to leave is the one who's trespassing.

The way it was used by that guy, and in a few other recent situations, they say the owner of the property or the police "trespassed" the offending individual off of the property. In other words, if you refuse to leave my property, I will trespass YOU!
                            Right. That's how I've heard the term used by police. "I will trespass you". On the typical real crime law and order type of shows such as Lone Star Law, Northwoods Law and a few other real life Law shows that is how the LEOs term it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                              That's how I've heard the term used by police. "I will trespass you". On the typical real crime law and order type of shows such as Lone Star Law, Northwoods Law and a few other real life Law shows that is how the LEOs term it.
                              Huh!
                              I've never heard that before. It sounds 'ignorant' to me, but if cops are using it that way, it becomes a meaning, whether I like it or not!

Comment

Huh!
                                I've never heard that before. It sounds 'ignorant' to me, but if cops are using it that way, it becomes a meaning, whether I like it or not!
                                Typically something along the lines of "yeah...he's been trespassed. If he comes back let us know and we'll come back and arrest him"

Comment

Working...
                                X