Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Toro View Post

Also on the distribution front for toilet paper, AUS makes its own but the transport logistics are difficult because of its lack of density. A full semi-trailer doesn't actully carry much toilet paper and it costs a lot to drive it the substantial distance to market in this country. The lack of density limiting delivery volume would be a problem everywhere.
    I would have thought Aussies were tough enough to use leaves and sticks... 😅

Maybe that's just the footy boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

I would have thought Aussies were tough enough to use leaves and sticks... 😅

Maybe that's just the footy boys.
      The non-bogans normally use use koalas but the recent bushfires killed so many we've had to resort to toilet paper. Probably a good thing because koalas are a real bastard to flush.

Comment

• and then there's the burgeoning problem of Zoombombing:

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/03/82612...zagxgcRA-SputM

Comment

• "The toilet paper shortage is more complicated than you think"

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2020/4...e-supply-chain

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
            and then there's the burgeoning problem of Zoombombing:https://www.npr.org/2020/04/03/82612...zagxgcRA-SputM
            Happened during our Wed morn Chapel service. Ugly.
            Now the service will be pre-recorded.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
              and then there's the burgeoning problem of Zoombombing:

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/03/82612...zagxgcRA-SputM
              Happened to Holly Bradshaw!

Comment

• I don't think all this is helping people cope with driving. Besides everyone driving even faster than usual due to less traffic, today while walking I saw 1) a person driving alone with a mask on I guess so they wouldn't give coronavirus to themselves, but also dutifully looking down at there phone and not seeing anything on the road for a long period of time, and 2) a person alone in their car with gloves on, again to not transmit from themselves to themselves I guess, but also happily puffing away on a cigarette. I mean, between an MVA, lung cancer and/or COPD, or coronavirus, which has the worst odds of mortality and which are the easiest to avoid.

Comment

• Originally posted by schigh View Post
                  ...but also happily puffing away on a cigarette.
                  So we are now doing virtual visits over the computer with patients at home. This week I logged into one with a thirty-something former VA patient and there he was sitting outside probably on his deck or back porch, puffing away on a cigarette whilst talking to his PCP (me).

Comment

• Originally posted by schigh View Post
                    ...today while walking I saw 2) a person alone in their car with gloves on, again to not transmit from themselves to themselves I guess, but also happily puffing away on a cigarette. I mean, between an MVA, lung cancer and/or COPD, or coronavirus, which has the worst odds of mortality and which are the easiest to avoid.
                    I swear I, 🤣😂did not laugh a lung out through my nose !!!!
                    Last edited by user4; 04-05-2020, 03:29 AM.

Comment

• Monthly statements at my primary bank close midnight last day of month, usually received by mail about 5th to 7th day of following month. I received March statements by mail on April 2. I don't know how that is even possible. Bank lobby has been closed for two weeks. I guess they got nuthin to do but prep bank statements. The down side is lines are daunting at sex drive up lanes and service is slower than in lobby.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                        The down side is lines are daunting at sex drive up lanes and service is slower than in lobby.
                        I'm having trouble understanding how that works with social distancing.
                        Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

Monthly statements at my primary bank close midnight last day of month, usually received by mail about 5th to 7th day of following month. I received March statements by mail on April 2. I don't know how that is even possible. Bank lobby has been closed for two weeks. I guess they got nuthin to do but prep bank statements. The down side is lines are daunting at sex drive up lanes and service is slower than in lobby.
                          Oklahoma certainly is on the cutting edge of one stop shopping!

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Oklahoma certainly is on the cutting edge of one stop shopping!
                            SIX SIX SIX NOT SEX... Typo... I am not clever enough to think of that.

Comment

SIX SIX SIX NOT SEX... Typo... I am not clever enough to think of that.
                              I liked it better the first way. The mental images were . . . interesting.

Comment

• Through the winter I have been in the habit of wearing these neck sleeves, they are double knit and keep the wind from cutting through . Easy to find at Walmart or Amazon.. Now in this CV19 pandemic if I have to walk into a store I just pull my neck sleeve up over my nose and mouth and Ive go some filtration. Coupled with the distance rule , makes it easier to do my part. Nice double duty garment.
                                Last edited by user4; 04-06-2020, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X