Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norway prime minister fined by police over virus rules violation

Norwegian police said on Friday they have fined Prime Minister Erna Solberg for breaking COVID-19 social distancing rules when she organised a family gathering to celebrate her birthday.

Norwegian police said on Friday they have fined Prime Minister Erna Solberg for breaking COVID-19 social-distancing rules when she organised a family gathering to celebrate her birthday.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
      My wife was told by a CVS worker that wearing a double mask would lead to breathing problems in the future. My wife said: "I don't think Dr Fauci would agree with you." Fauci lies" was the response.
      For NotDutra5's sake I am not calling this woman "stupid." Merely uninformed.
      Fast forward 8 days and my wife goes to CVS to get her second shot-different CVS this time-and while she's sitting post jab an RN comes up to her and tells her that double masking is bad and she's breathing in too much CO2. What gives with CVS? While the RN is talking I'm googling it and seeing just the opposite. Kept mum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Petty minds. Language is a living thing!
        As us "woke cancel culture snowflakes" know.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          Michigan is having a really tough time dealing with a COVID-19 surge and now Governor Whitmer is asking the Biden administration to send them more than their allocated amount of vaccine, but the White House has refused their request since it would mean taking vaccine doses from other states. I agree with the White House. The governor can ask other states if they have vaccine to spare but they shouldn't receive more than their share from D.C. just because its people are stupid.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/hit...r-more-vaccine
          Meanwhile numerous states have millions of doses sitting in storage. Texas has 800K+.

Comment

Fast forward 8 days and my wife goes to CVS to get her second shot-different CVS this time-and while she's sitting post jab an RN comes up to her and tells her that double masking is bad and she's breathing in too much CO2.
            Those same people who say masks or double-masks will trap carbon dioxide also say that masks don't block viruses. 🙄

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
              But apparently 99 out of 100 Americans have been using hand sanitizer regularly, given how fast it flew off the shelves earlier in the pandemic, and how many liquor producers and chemical companies jumped in to fill the demand.
              Headline: Panic buying? Not anymore. Suddenly there's a surplus of hand sanitizer

Comment

• and now on the short-supply list.... ketchup packets!

CHICAGO (Reuters/CBS Newspath/WKRC) - One-time use ketchup pockets are in short supply in food establishments across the United States as restaurants and bars continue to receive more take-out and delivery orders and have given up bottled condiment for indoor dining customers due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal.

Comment

• Long before the pandemic, our family was addicted to 'Wet Ones' pop-up hand wipes. They disappeared a year ago, and I still can't find them in stores.

Comment

• https://www.pewresearch.org/2021/03/...irus-pandemic/
                    A fascinating look at how Americans reacted to, and were affected by, the pandemic over the last 13-15 months. It covers the political, ethnic, health/economic diversity of our country. It's driven by research done through polling. Pew Research is highly esteemed.

One sample:

There were already some indications of the partisan divide over the virus in that first sounding. While majorities in both parties anticipated the economic problems hurtling toward the nation, Democrats and Republicans differed sharply over whether the virus was a major threat to the health of the U.S. population. About six-in-ten Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents (59%) said it was, compared with only a third of Republicans and GOP-leaning independents.1 That 26 percentage point gap would grow to around 40 points as spring turned to summer and then fall.
                    Another:

Already in April, around a quarter of Black Americans (27%) said they knew someone who had been hospitalized or died due to COVID-19. That figure would rise to 34% by May, 57% by August, 71% by November and 78% by February 2021. By then, around three-quarters of Hispanic Americans (74%) also said they knew someone who had died or been hospitalized, even as White and Asian Americans remained less likely to say so.
                    Last edited by jeremyp; 04-17-2021, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Fast forward 8 days and my wife goes to CVS to get her second shot-different CVS this time-and while she's sitting post jab an RN comes up to her and tells her that double masking is bad and she's breathing in too much CO2. What gives with CVS? While the RN is talking I'm googling it and seeing just the opposite. Kept mum.
                      The same people may also say the mask doesn't protect you from the virus, so I guess they think droplets flow more freely through masks than gas (O2 and CO2). It was over 10 years ago, but a CDC nurse once told my friend that she would get the flu from the flu vaccine if she'd never had the vaccine before. Guess they didn't know what inactivated means. I don't think it has anything to do with CVS or CDC. Some people just see stuff and parrot it without thinking about plausibility. Somehow, they think they sound smart if they say it with conviction.

Comment

• Originally posted by schigh View Post

The same people may also say the mask doesn't protect you from the virus, so I guess they think droplets flow more freely through masks than gas (O2 and CO2). It was over 10 years ago, but a CDC nurse once told my friend that she would get the flu from the flu vaccine if she'd never had the vaccine before. Guess they didn't know what inactivated means. I don't think it has anything to do with CVS or CDC. Some people just see stuff and parrot it without thinking about plausibility. Somehow, they think they sound smart if they say it with conviction.
                        Some even say it with ALL CAPS to make it more....well...something.

Comment

• A leading conspiracy theorist who thought COVID-19 was a hoax died from the virus after hosting illegal house parties (yahoo.com)

Hans Kristian Gaarder, 60, from Gran, a municipality that lies 40 miles north of Oslo, tested positive for the virus after dying on April 6, officials said this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                            A leading conspiracy theorist who thought COVID-19 was a hoax died from the virus after hosting illegal house parties (yahoo.com)

Hans Kristian Gaarder, 60, from Gran, a municipality that lies 40 miles north of Oslo, tested positive for the virus after dying on April 6, officials said this week.
                            We have a few idiots like him in NZ, thankfully very small in numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                              We have a few idiots like him in NZ, thankfully very small in numbers.
                              And getting smaller. Eligible for transfer to Darwin Award thread.

Comment

• Random thought, but would the effect of wearing a mask be similar to living at high altitude?

Comment

Working...
                                X