Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Pfizer shot was no problem, except for shoulder soreness which started a few hours after the shot and lasted for a couple days. Second shot is next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
      Age is also a big factor. Younger people tend to have a stronger immune response (and thus more side effects) than older people.
      I ask friends, family and co-workers about their symptoms whenever I can and anecdotally I can't discern a pattern based on age, but Moderna seems to have more symptoms than Pfizer.

Comment

• I had a fever for a day after my second Moderna shot. Wasn't pleasant, but after that I felt like a hundred bucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          I ask friends, family and co-workers about their symptoms whenever I can and anecdotally I can't discern a pattern based on age, but Moderna seems to have more symptoms than Pfizer.
          My family had two who had reactions to vaccine's and both were Moderna, both female and of....particularly at the time...of the younger set. Late 20's/early 30's. Headache and extreme fatigue. We covered the gamut in vaccine types. No problems with either Pfizer or JNJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
            Neither my wife nor I had any problems.
            I might have added that we both had Moderna. That was back in Jan/Feb.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
              First Pfizer shot was no problem, except for shoulder soreness which started a few hours after the shot and lasted for a couple days. Second shot is next week.
              There's actually a syndrome in the orthopaedic literature called SIRVA = shoulder injury related to vaccination. This pre-dates COVID-19 by many years. Its probably mostly anecdotal and no causation but like many other things with vaccination, people do attribute the pain to the injection. There could be one type of problem if you didn't know how to inject the shoulder properly but that really shouldn't occur much with vaccinations because the needles are so short. We published an article on SIRVA recently in J Shoulder Elbow Surgery, because it was topical, but it wasn't much of an article.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

There's actually a syndrome in the orthopaedic literature called SIRVA = shoulder injury related to vaccination. This pre-dates COVID-19 by many years. Its probably mostly anecdotal and no causation but like many other things with vaccination, people do attribute the pain to the injection. There could be one type of problem if you didn't know how to inject the shoulder properly but that really shouldn't occur much with vaccinations because the needles are so short. We published an article on SIRVA recently in J Shoulder Elbow Surgery, because it was topical, but it wasn't much of an article.
                And having said that, 18.99, SIRVA is not simple soreness for a day or 2 or 3 after a shot, which is common. Its more long-lasting.

Comment

• gymnastics trials also wiping out original ticket sales

https://usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=26164

Comment

• Meanwhile....it would be interesting to ask someone in 20 years what these numbers mean... and why they are there.

Comment

• My son (age 20) is running a temperature after the J&J shot yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                        Meanwhile....it would be interesting to ask someone in 20 years what these numbers mean... and why they are there.
                        I'm asking now, what do they mean and why are they there?

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

I'm asking now, what do they mean and why are they there?

Comment

• i still don't get it

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                              i still don't get it
                              When folks showed up at outdoor vax sites run by the county the PTB wrote times on the vehicle windows to indicate when you could leave the lot after the 15-minute observation window. The marks stay on the car until you wash them off. Two shots, two times. I went the Walgreens route - no marks on my car.

Helping me out by hosting my in-town Instacart drop-off site (they won't deliver ten miles out of town), Conor and I had a nice maskless chat today. It almost felt normal . . .

Comment

• Yeah that's right...you go through a car queue to get your shot...then wait 15 minutes in a parking lot to make sure you have no reactions driving home. They put the time on your window when you can leave and someone is checking...it works very well.

March 13...shot 1 done...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-12-2021, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X