Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gh View Post

will the Lane County number take a huge leap upwards when school is out and the campus becomes largely deserted?
    Good question....that is one way to increase the fraction....decreasing the denominator.

Comment

• Meanwhile.... this is good news..

Fully vaccinated Oregonians can ditch masks and social distancing in most public spaces

Fully vaccinated Oregonians no longer need to wear masks or social distance in most public spaces, Oregon Gov. Kate Brown announced Thursday evening.

In a dramatic announcement after months of mostly cautious measures, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced fully vaccinated Americans can discard masks and the need for social distancing outdoors and in most indoor settings.

Oregon will follow that recommendation, Brown said. The Oregon Health Authority will provide updated guidance for businesses, employers and others over the next few days.

https://www.registerguard.com/story/...wn/5080669001/

Comment

• In addition, the agency will no longer recommend that fully vaccinated people wear masks outdoors in crowds, possibly allowing for bigger capacities at sporting events.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Good question....that is one way to increase the fraction....decreasing the denominator.
          Is that how vaccine math works in Oregon though? My state is just basing it off old census data. My county leads the state, by a lot, with over 70% age 16+ starting their vaccines, but our denominator is likely off. A lot of vacation home owners fled here when the pandemic hit.

Comment

The new CDC guidance will still call for wearing masks in crowded indoor settings like buses, planes, hospitals, prisons and homeless shelters. It will also no longer recommend that fully vaccinated people wear masks outdoors in crowds.
            I'm by no means Mr. Mask and sometimes think that the recommendations, at least in some areas, are too cautious but it's going to take a while to get comfortable with not wearing a mask in more crowded indoor areas.

Comment

Meanwhile.... this is good news..

Fully vaccinated Oregonians can ditch masks and social distancing in most public spaces

Fully vaccinated Oregonians no longer need to wear masks or social distance in most public spaces, Oregon Gov. Kate Brown announced Thursday evening.

In a dramatic announcement after months of mostly cautious measures, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced fully vaccinated Americans can discard masks and the need for social distancing outdoors and in most indoor settings.

Oregon will follow that recommendation, Brown said. The Oregon Health Authority will provide updated guidance for businesses, employers and others over the next few days.

https://www.registerguard.com/story/...wn/5080669001/
              There’s some hope for the OT. If they have not started sending out refunds yet, I’m perfectly happy to keep our OT seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                I'm by no means Mr. Mask and sometimes think that the recommendations, at least in some areas, are too cautious but it's going to take a while to get comfortable with not wearing a mask in more crowded indoor areas.
                I still reflexively wear it in public places, but if I had tickets to a 100% full OT, I'd go without hesitation!

Comment

• Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post

Is that how vaccine math works in Oregon though? My state is just basing it off old census data. My county leads the state, by a lot, with over 70% age 16+ starting their vaccines, but our denominator is likely off. A lot of vacation home owners fled here when the pandemic hit.
                  I really don't know but you are probably right....anyways I liked gh's idea.

Anyways it probably won't matter soon.

Comment

• Meanwhile....baseball players are dumb...Part 1001...

The Red Sox will likely be one of the last MLB teams to be fully vaccinated. Here’s why.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/05/...mpression=true

Comment

• An informal survey of epidemiologists showed that the vast majority think Americans should continue wearing masks at public indoor events for at least another year, despite new CDC guidance to the contrary. (New York Times)

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti..._Update_active

Comment

• I guess....

Epidemiologists are, on the whole, very cautious when it comes to Covid-19, by nature of their training in understanding risk and preventing the spread of infectious disease. Nearly three-quarters described themselves as risk-averse, and they are likely to have been able to work from home over the past year, unlike many Americans. But they also have the same training as many of the scientists at the C.D.C. who devised the new policy, and about one-third of the survey respondents work in government, mostly at the state level.

One-quarter of the epidemiologists in the survey said they thought people would need to continue wearing masks in certain settings indefinitely, and some said they planned to continue to wear them in places like airplanes or concert halls, or during the winter virus season.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/13/u...rus-masks.html

Comment

• We’re vaccinated — we should be tossing our masks the way grads toss mortarboards

It turns out good news isn’t as contagious as the coronavirus. But it’s important to heed the scientists.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo....co/NM8Qq2KIPy

Comment

• Miami Man Gets 6 Years In Prison After Buying Lamborghini With $4 Million COVID Aid

A South Florida man has been sentenced to six years in prison after fraudulently obtaining nearly $4 million in federal loans meant for small businesses impacted by the coronavirus pandemic and spending it on personal expenses, including a Lamborghini.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/david...214107696.html

Comment

• 9 People Who Were Vaccine Hesitant Share What Persuaded Them To Get Vaccinated

HuffPost recently asked its readers who were reluctant to get the vaccine to talk about their earlier reservations and explain what made them change their minds. Here are their stories.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/covid...163610482.html

Comment

• My county adopted an indoor mask mandate before the state did, and we are keeping that in place for now, despite the state lifting theirs.

A lot of our retail shops are staffed by teens who have not even started their vaccines yet. We live in a very rural location, it took us until now to work out the logistics on getting Pfizer vaccine available here. The age 12+ clinics are happening next week, then you have five weeks until they are fully vaccinated. At a minimum, our county wants to give them a chance to be fully vaccinated before subjecting them to unmasked anti-vaxers breathing in their face.

Comment

Working...
                                X