Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam$
    replied
    A popular local HS coach died yesterday at 42yo. She was a large (6'3) person. Is size a problem if you have a lung-attacking virus?
    A couple of trips to the store this evening surprised me to see near unanimous mask wearing. They are back.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
    Florida man:
    CAPE CORAL, Fla. – A Cape Coral man is banned from flying on United Airlines after failing to comply with the federal mask mandate.

Adam Jenne wore a red thong as a mask. He was heading to D.C. from the Fort Lauderdale Airport but got kicked off before the flight could take off.

“I think the best way to illustrate absurdity is with absurdity,” said Jenne.

This is not the first time he’s tried flying with the red panties as a mask.

“Every single flight has been met with different reactions from the flight crew,” said Jenne. “Some with a wild appreciation, others confrontational.”

https://nbc-2.com/news/local/2021/12...thong-as-mask/

Thongs aren't very good in completely covering an... nevermind...

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

From the article:

What's with all these warnings and deadlines? Somebody needs to tell them to just line up and roll up their sleeves! Why are they being given so much room to delay and defy orders?
    Certainly weren't asked in 1974 at Fort Leonard Wood. Everyone in 4th Battalion, 2nd Brigade got the 12 or so shots. No one argued. No one disagreed. You just rolled up your sleeve.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Florida man:
    CAPE CORAL, Fla. – A Cape Coral man is banned from flying on United Airlines after failing to comply with the federal mask mandate.

Adam Jenne wore a red thong as a mask. He was heading to D.C. from the Fort Lauderdale Airport but got kicked off before the flight could take off.

“I think the best way to illustrate absurdity is with absurdity,” said Jenne.

This is not the first time he’s tried flying with the red panties as a mask.

“Every single flight has been met with different reactions from the flight crew,” said Jenne. “Some with a wild appreciation, others confrontational.”

https://nbc-2.com/news/local/2021/12...thong-as-mask/

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
    Military personnel serving in the United States had already been required to receive 12 vaccines, including those for measles, polio, anthrax, chickenpox and flu, in order to serve.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/103-...ry?id=81793800
    From the article:

Shortly after Austin made the COVID vaccine mandatory, the military services quickly set up its own deadline dates and warned service members that they could face discharge unless they were vaccinated,...
    What's with all these warnings and deadlines? Somebody needs to tell them to just line up and roll up their sleeves! Why are they being given so much room to delay and defy orders?

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    And then....One hundred three Marines have been discharged for refusing to take the COVID vaccine, the Marine Corps said Thursday, as the military services have begun to discharge a pool of possibly as many as 30,000 active duty service members who still refuse to be vaccinated -- even after multiple opportunities to do so past vaccination deadlines.

Military personnel serving in the United States had already been required to receive 12 vaccines, including those for measles, polio, anthrax, chickenpox and flu, in order to serve.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/103-...ry?id=81793800
    Last edited by jeremyp; 12-16-2021, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    I read that the new Defense Bill specified that veterans who get kicked out for not being vaccinated are not designated "Dishonorable Discharge" so that they do not lose their pension and benefits. Sounds fair to me.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    New Zealand recorded its first Omicron case yesterday. A passenger arriving from Germany via Dubai.

This, plus Aucklanders no longer "locked up", our Government is expecting a huge surge in numbers in mid to late January but because about 92% of the eligible recipients are now vaccinated hopefully we will not have too many needing to be hospitalized.

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Just a note about Atticus and me - we got together a couple days ago and had lunch when I was driving down into Florida for an orthopaedic meeting. You may know Atticus (Pat) had some health issues but I'm happy to report he looks no worse than he usually does!

Only kidding, of course, Pat looked great and sounded great and we had wonderful time together.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    hesitancy is a problem in the military
    Ubetcha.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Wouldn't the military unit just get the vaccine and line'em'up, like they used to? Telling a soldier to 'go get it yourself' is asking for problems.
    And that's exactly why there are problems. Vaccine hesitancy is a problem in the military because the soldiers were given a wide and long opportunity to hesitate.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    It's an order, but a wishy-washy order of "get vaccinated somehow somewhere sometime by the end of December", instead of just telling them to line up tomorrow at a specific place.
    Wouldn't the military unit just get the vaccine and line'em'up, like they used to? Telling a soldier to 'go get it yourself' is asking for problems.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Way before - but my question is - when they tell you to get the shot, how is that a 'suggestion'? An order is in order. Or at least it used to be.
    It's an order, but a wishy-washy order of "get vaccinated somehow somewhere sometime by the end of December", instead of just telling them to line up tomorrow at a specific place.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Way before - but my question is - when they tell you to get the shot, how is that a 'suggestion'? An order is in order. Or at least it used to be.

I had one 'funny' Commanding Officer who routinely told me to do some sketchy things and I always said, 'You know I'm not going to do that.' And his reply was always, 'well, I had to give it a shot.' Weird dude.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    I sure got lots and lots of shots in 20 years of military service, and I never once remember being asked if I wanted it or not. We just lined up for 'the gun' (which wasn't even wiped between shots).
    Since when is it a choice for soldiers?
    Was that before we had Facebook and YouTube? Things have changed a lot since CDC and FDA lost all their advantage over other "experts."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X