Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in case anyone was planning on going to Tokyo for the Games: https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/j...ory/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
      Got the 2nd jab of Pfizer last week, and it HURT! Possibly due to the difference in experience and technique, as the first one was done by a woman apparently in her mid- to late 50s, and it was so amazingly painless that I wondered if the needle actually went in, whereas this 2nd one was done by a woman probably not older than 30.

In addition to any difference which may have existed with the injection technique, there was a difference in how they told me to position my arm. Both were done at a drive-through tent; the first woman told me to rest my arm on the armrest of the car door, but the woman last week told me take it off the armrest and let it hang vertically by my side.

With the first painless jab, the shoulder developed soreness a few hours later, but with the second jab it was immediately sore. Apart from that localized soreness, there were no ill effects or fatigue.
      My first Moderna hurt quite a bit when they jabbed me. Barely felt the second. I think sometimes we just get unlucky and they poke a nerve or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
        yesterday was teh first day since March of 2020 that San Francisco General had zero C19 patients
        We have been having a pretty substantial fourth wave of COVID in Washington state. It is thankfully starting to go back down, but slowly. It was only a few weeks ago that a hospital near me had to cancel elective procedures because they had a lot of COVID patients combined with an unexpected baby boom.

I think we'll be "ok", but the governor gleefully dropping the mask mandate, despite the current rates, will probably result in a slower drop in rates than we would have seen if we kept masking through the end of June.

Comment

• Lane County OR up to 62.08% vaccinated as of 2:00pm announcement today. Should be well over 65% by June 18 so let's have a big party at Hayward.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
            Lane County OR up to 62.08% vaccinated as of 2:00pm announcement today. Should be well over 65% by June 18 so let's have a big party at Hayward.
            Oh yeah...the governor started a lottery for motivation which has worked elsewhere...

Comment

• Looks like Melbourne about to go into lockdown with over 25 community cases identified in the past couple of days

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                Looks like Melbourne about to go into lockdown with over 25 community cases identified in the past couple of days
                Not surprising....the strategy of primarily isolation works only so long.

Comment

• Melbourne going into 7 day lockdown
                  As usual, toilet paper gone from the supermarket shelves

Comment

• Meanwhile....

‘No vaccine!’: Woman arrested for allegedly driving through vaccination site in protest, nearly hitting workers

As a coronavirus vaccination tent was set up in the hope of inoculating more residents in Maryville, Tenn., sheriff’s deputies working at the site this week saw an SUV speeding their way — and the person behind the wheel wasn’t slowing for a shot.

Instead, Virginia Christine Lewis Brown was protesting the vaccine by driving her Chrysler Pacifica “at a high rate of speed” through a vaccine tent in a mall parking lot, police said.

“No vaccine!” she yelled Monday as she plowed through the tent, according to witness accounts to sheriff’s deputies.

Brown, 36, was arrested for driving through a vaccination tent and “placing the lives of seven workers in danger,” the Blount County Sheriff’s Office announced Thursday. She’s been charged with seven counts of felony reckless endangerment. Tennessee attorneys claim each count carries penalties that include a possible prison sentence of 1 to 15 years and a fine of up to $10,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio....co/3C5F1leVrX

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                      Looks like Melbourne about to go into lockdown with over 25 community cases identified in the past couple of days
                      It's because they are still denying aerosol transmission and not taking proper precautions at the quarantine hotels. What worked with the original strains doesn't work as well with the more contagious strains.

Comment

• mmexport1622194209722.jpg Shenzhen, China. Not a sporting event China. Not a concert.

​​​​​​​Waiting their turn

Comment

• meanwhile, in lingol-land....

Alpha, Beta Instead Of Britain, South Africa. Why The WHO Is Renaming COVID Variants

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...med-alpha-beta

Comment

• Right-wing pastor gets Covid after saying vaccines were part of 'mass death campaign' (yahoo.com)

A right-wing Florida pastor was hospitalized with Covid-19, weeks after saying vaccination efforts were part of a "mass death campaign."

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                              Right-wing pastor gets Covid after saying vaccines were part of 'mass death campaign' (yahoo.com)

A right-wing Florida pastor was hospitalized with Covid-19, weeks after saying vaccination efforts were part of a "mass death campaign."
                              Karma karma karma karma karma Covidian, you come and go, you come and goooooooo....

Comment

• I'm vaccinated (J&J) but plan to add a Moderna shot soon. Masks seem pretty much gone in the grocery stores and restaurants. Most Floridians don't seem to know that we still rank #1 in new cases and top 3 in new deaths. The Gov decided to not have any stats on a daily basis, just weekly. Today I read 6 of the rescuers in Miami condo collapse have tested positive. All my friends have been vaccinated so tomorrow we party.

Comment

Working...
                                X