Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gh View Post
    Satirist Andy Borowitz on new White House plan to up vax rates: https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...m=TNY_Borowitz
    I have often wondered a similar thing: What if Trump on day one would have come out in support of masks?
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by lexvid View Post

Young Athlete and World Class Swimmer. 99.9999% of the World are not.
      My point was that he had a long covid and it was serious enough to cause him to lose quite a bit of weight and muscle. This was no asymptomatic "shrug it off" experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
        The Hungarian swimmer Malik just won Gold in 200 freestyle. Had Covid in September, and was complaining of muscle loss in December. So he shows that fsome people come back 100% physically in spite of serious Covid.
        Most polio survivors came back 100% physically, except for the ones who didn't. And the ones who seemed to recover from polio but then suffered from post-polio syndrome decades later.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          Anti-vax Congressman Clay Higgins and his family have COVID-19.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/25/polit...vid/index.html
          Oooh that's one of my pet peeves, people who swear they had COVID in January 2020 with zero evidence to support that claim. Everyone I know who swore they already had it before testing was available tested negative for antibodies.

Comment

• Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post

Most polio survivors came back 100% physically, except for the ones who didn't. And the ones who seemed to recover from polio but then suffered from post-polio syndrome decades later.
            Dean, the U.K. 200 free gold medalist had Covid twice, and the last one was worse.

Comment

Dean, the U.K. 200 free gold medalist had Covid twice, and the last one was worse.
              Were both occurrences confirmed by tests, and how much time passed between the first infection and the second?

Comment

My point was that he had a long covid and it was serious enough to cause him to lose quite a bit of weight and muscle. This was no asymptomatic "shrug it off" experience.
                Yes, understood. I don't understand individuals who have 10x as much fear and suspicion about a vaccine when the disease itself is far more insidious and damaging.

Comment

• Authorities in north Germany have asked more than 8,000 people to get repeat Covid vaccinations because a nurse is suspected of having injected saline instead of vaccine in many cases.

Police are investigating the nurse's actions at a vaccination centre in Friesland, near the North Sea coast.

Initially just six people were believed to have received the harmless salt solution there in March and April.

Many of those affected were aged over 70 - a high-risk group in the pandemic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58186032

Comment

• I get depressed thinking about the reasoning often heard from those choosing not to vaccinate. This Onion item gave me a chuckle.

https://www.theonion.com/toddler-cit...tty-1847466497

Comment

• This is morbid, but . . .

An old friend of mine (80) just lost his significant other (not wife, but female partner for 20 years) to Covid. He won't get the vaccine and she followed suit. Now she's dead. I spoke to him recently and begged him to get the shots. He said it scared him. I asked if it scared him more than the death of a loved one. Long pause . . . he answered 'no' and started crying. I'm sorry I struck that nerve, but I'm not sorry that he will now get the shots.

Comment

• A week ago we lost an unvaccinated mailroom clerk to COVID-19. She was 56.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          This is morbid, but . . .

An old friend of mine (80) just lost his significant other (not wife, but female partner for 20 years) to Covid. He won't get the vaccine and she followed suit. Now she's dead. I spoke to him recently and begged him to get the shots. He said it scared him. I asked if it scared him more than the death of a loved one. Long pause . . . he answered 'no' and started crying. I'm sorry I struck that nerve, but I'm not sorry that he will now get the shots.
                          In my day job as editor of the J Shoulder Elbow Surgery, along with the Presidential lines of the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES) and the European Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (SECEC), we just did an editorial urging people to get vaccinated and explaining the rationale for doing so to those who oppose it. Our groups and the publisher plan a big social media blast of this, athough admittedly we are a small group. But any little bit helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

In my day job as editor of the J Shoulder Elbow Surgery, along with the Presidential lines of the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES) and the European Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (SECEC), we just did an editorial urging people to get vaccinated and explaining the rationale for doing so to those who oppose it. Our groups and the publisher plan a big social media blast of this, athough admittedly we are a small group. But any little bit helps.
                            Thanks for your efforts!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              This is morbid, but . . .

You basically forced his brain to notice that there are potentially severe consequences of not getting the vaccine. It's like his brain was shut off to the risks of being unvaccinated, because he was so fixated on the perceived risks of the vaccine.

Psychology researchers should do extensive studies on that two-risk paralysis behavior which has become so prevalent in the pandemic, but is also present in other binary choices such as elections. That's where people are so fixated on avoiding one particular risk or bad outcome, that they ignore another greater risk and consequently increase their exposure to it.

Don't want the vaccine because they're worried about its known and unknown side effects, but they put themselves at greater risk of the known and unknown side effects of Covid which include death.

Don't want to be a guinea pig for a new vaccine, while ignoring that patients hospitalized with Covid are all being used as guinea pigs for the new treatments.

In 2-candidate elections, it happens where somebody won't vote for candidate A because they don't like something they said or did, or because their preferred candidate didn't win the primary, only to end up with candidate B winning who they actually hate more than A.

Comment

• Upper middle aged lady on the local news tonight talking about her husband haranguing her not to get the shot because blah blah blah...

"My husband is a moron. He's full of sh--."

Made me smile a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X