Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as part of supply-chain problems that C19 has caused, my laundry is running out of hangers and has a sign in the window,"please bring us hangers." Something I've done for years anyway, but apparently few people do.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
      as part of supply-chain problems that C19 has caused, my laundry is running out of hangers and has a sign in the window,"please bring us hangers." Something I've done for years anyway, but apparently few people do.
      Our washing machine needs repairs and our paid for extended warranty had to order some parts which are on "back order"....not enough drums apparently. We can't go a month without a washing machine and thus just bought a new unit....which was also tough to find.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

You basically forced his brain to notice that there are potentially severe consequences of not getting the vaccine. It's like his brain was shut off to the risks of being unvaccinated, because he was so fixated on the perceived risks of the vaccine.

Psychology researchers should do extensive studies on that two-risk paralysis behavior which has become so prevalent in the pandemic, but is also present in other binary choices such as elections. That's where people are so fixated on avoiding one particular risk or bad outcome, that they ignore another greater risk and consequently increase their exposure to it.

Don't want the vaccine because they're worried about its known and unknown side effects, but they put themselves at greater risk of the known and unknown side effects of Covid which include death.

Don't want to be a guinea pig for a new vaccine, while ignoring that patients hospitalized with Covid are all being used as guinea pigs for the new treatments.

In 2-candidate elections, it happens where somebody won't vote for candidate A because they don't like something they said or did, or because their preferred candidate didn't win the primary, only to end up with candidate B winning who they actually hate more than A.
        There are already psychological studies on this. When people are faced with a choice of maintaining the status quo and changing it, many choose the status quo even if the expected cost is bigger.

Imagine you are trapped in a room and you have 99% chances of survival. If you try to escape, you have 0.1% chances of getting killed. If you calculate your risk rationally, you will try to escape, but that's not what many people do. They will rather choose non-action because they don't want to be responsible for the consequence. If they end up getting killed in entrapment, they will accept it as their fate. If they get killed while trying to escape, they will consider that as the consequence of their action.

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
          There are already psychological studies on this. When people are faced with a choice of maintaining the status quo and changing it, many choose the status quo even if the expected cost is bigger.

Imagine you are trapped in a room and you have 99% chances of survival. If you try to escape, you have 0.1% chances of getting killed. If you calculate your risk rationally, you will try to escape, but that's not what many people do. They will rather choose non-action because they don't want to be responsible for the consequence. If they end up getting killed in entrapment, they will accept it as their fate. If they get killed while trying to escape, they will consider that as the consequence of their action.
          I'm experiencing this with my in laws currently. They are 88 and are faced with making a number of moves...some incredibly simple...but they prefer to leave things as they are and thus leave themselves (and us as those who do and will care for them) in much tougher and dangerous situations.

Comment

• In my part of Florida- the state leads the country in new cases and deaths, we've had more cases than 40 states combined,- there is little sign of any changes. A few more masks, and the grocery store did return to mandating masks...for workers, but most shops have most workers maskless. The gym has removed sanitizers. Oh yes the county's hospital system is at an all time high in hospitalizations. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king?

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
              In my part of Florida- the state leads the country in new cases and deaths, we've had more cases than 40 states combined,- there is little sign of any changes. A few more masks, and the grocery store did return to mandating masks...for workers, but most shops have most workers maskless. The gym has removed sanitizers. Oh yes the county's hospital system is at an all time high in hospitalizations. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king?
              I could not be more ashamed of my adopted state. Our 'one-eyed-man' is extremely myopic and won't wear glasses . . . if you catch my drift . . .

Comment

In my part of Florida- the state leads the country in new cases and deaths, we've had more cases than 40 states combined,- there is little sign of any changes. A few more masks, and the grocery store did return to mandating masks...for workers, but most shops have most workers maskless. The gym has removed sanitizers. Oh yes the county's hospital system is at an all time high in hospitalizations. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king?
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man willfully blinds himself to avoid seeing what he doesn't want to see.

Comment

What part of Florida are you in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

What part of Florida are you in?
                    Fort Myers.Watching Fred go by and waiting for Grace.

Comment

• Unless you are in an area that floods in Florida, Fred is going to be a rainy couple of days. Last I saw of Grace she was falling apart but we'll see. Fred's going to cause more problems wherever it winds up hitting amongst LA, MS, AL or maybe the FL panhandle.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                        Unless you are in an area that floods in Florida, Fred is going to be a rainy couple of days. Last I saw of Grace she was falling apart but we'll see. Fred's going to cause more problems wherever it winds up hitting amongst LA, MS, AL or maybe the FL panhandle.
                        Got a couple of inches, and expect same from Grace. It's H,I,J,K,L...................I'm worried about.

Comment

Got a couple of inches, and expect same from Grace. It's H,I,J,K,L...................I'm worried about.
                          May I introduce you to

Henri
                          Ida
                          Julian
                          Kate
                          Larry
                          Mindy
                          Nicholas
                          Odette
                          Peter
                          Rose
                          Sam
                          Teresa
                          Victor
                          Wanda

and friends . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            May I introduce you to

Henri
                            Ida
                            Julian
                            Kate
                            Larry
                            Mindy
                            Nicholas
                            Odette
                            Peter
                            Rose

Sam
                            Teresa
                            Victor
                            Wanda

and friends . . .

No joke?!
                            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

May I introduce you to

Henri
                              Ida
                              Julian
                              Kate
                              Larry
                              Mindy
                              Nicholas
                              Odette
                              Peter
                              Rose
                              Sam
                              Teresa
                              Victor
                              Wanda

and friends . . .

For reasons I cannot go into I'm terrified of WANDA!

Comment

and friends . . . [/SIZE]
                                You mean Alpha, Beta.....Omega?

Comment

Working...
                                X