Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We now will find out how well them thar vaccinations work as our 10 year old granddaughter has the virus including symptoms at this point of a fever of just above 100. She was with myself and especially my wife all weekend. To this point it's only caused some scheduling changes as I was driving my 88 year old in laws to a doctor's appt tomorrow and, even though everyone's been vaccinated, we thought it better to postpone for a week or so rather than take any unnecessary chances.

Comment

• Stephen A. Smith Has Blunt Message For Anti-Vaxxers Taking Horse Meds For COVID-19

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...082120487.html

“This is a real tweet from the FDA,” Smith said in disbelief, adding: “I gotta admit this: They are absolutely right. You are not a horse. You are not a cow. You’re a jackass, though, make no mistake about that.”

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
        We now will find out how well them thar vaccinations work as our 10 year old granddaughter has the virus including symptoms at this point of a fever of just above 100. She was with myself and especially my wife all weekend. To this point it's only caused some scheduling changes as I was driving my 88 year old in laws to a doctor's appt tomorrow and, even though everyone's been vaccinated, we thought it better to postpone for a week or so rather than take any unnecessary chances.
        Best wishes to your granddaughter, and the rest of your family

Comment

• ‘As they’re being intubated, they still don’t believe it.’ The COVID denial won’t die

https://www.yahoo.com/news/being-int...100000864.html

Our friends in health care have seen plenty to impale the heart in this COVID-19 pandemic, but nothing more tragic than this: the sight of guilt-ridden young children who believe they’ve killed an unvaccinated parent by bringing the virus home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Best wishes to your granddaughter, and the rest of your family
            We appreciate those thoughts. She's 10 and has Down's Syndrome which can cause some difficulties but she appeared a bit better yesterday and was singing her heart out which is normal for her. We know it can be up and down though.

Comment

• Companies have gotten as far as they can with carrots so now they're bringing out the sticks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/25/delt...d-vaccine.html

Comment

• For this J$J'er "Happy days are here again"

Booster doses of Johnson & Johnson's one-shot coronavirus vaccine generated a big spike in antibodies, the frontline immune system defenses against infection, the company reported Wednesday.

People who received a booster six to eight months after their initial J&J shots saw antibodies increase nine-fold higher than 28 days after the first shot, Johnson & Johnson said.

The data comes from two Phase 2 studies conducted in the United States and Europe, the company said in a statement. Some of the 2,000 or so people in the studies got booster doses six months after their first doses of J&J's Janssen vaccine.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/25/healt...ata/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

We appreciate those thoughts. She's 10 and has Down's Syndrome which can cause some difficulties but she appeared a bit better yesterday and was singing her heart out which is normal for her. We know it can be up and down though.
                  Wishing you nothing but the best, my friend. I know the next few days will be unsettling.

Comment

• Federal regulators are likely to approve a Covid-19 booster shot for vaccinated adults starting at least six months after the previous dose rather than the eight-month gap they previously announced, a person familiar with the plans said, as the Biden administration steps up preparations for delivering boosters to the public.

Data from vaccine manufacturers and other countries under review by the Food and Drug Administration is based on boosters being given at six months, the person said. The person said approval for boosters for all three Covid-19 shots being administered in the U.S.—those manufactured by Pfizer Inc. and partner BioNTech SE, Moderna Inc. and Johnson & Johnson —is expected in mid-September.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-a...ht-11629919356

Comment

• Texas governor issues order banning local vaccine mandates (yahoo.com)

Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order on Wednesday banning any state or local mandates requiring people to be vaccinated against COVID-19, and he called on Texas legislators to vote it into law during their current special session.

Comment

• UCHealth is doing third doses for immunocompromised people, healthcare workers, and people over 70 right now. They are using six months after someone’s second dose as the beginning time frame.

Comment

• Texas Anti-Mask 'Freedom Rally' Organizer Fighting For His Life With COVID-19

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-anti-ma...ycsrp_catchall

A Texas man who helped organize protests against pandemic restrictions is fighting for his life after being hospitalized for nearly a month with COVID-19, the San Angelo Standard-Times reported.

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                            Texas Anti-Mask 'Freedom Rally' Organizer Fighting For His Life With COVID-19

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-anti-ma...ycsrp_catchall

A Texas man who helped organize protests against pandemic restrictions is fighting for his life after being hospitalized for nearly a month with COVID-19, the San Angelo Standard-Times reported.
                            At least he'll be de-wormed:

When he first felt symptoms on July 26, his wife told the Standard-Times, he refused to get tested or seek medical care. He instead began treating himself with a cocktail of Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin and ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug that has been falsely promoted as an effective treatment for COVID-19 by conservative media. He was taken to the hospital on July 30.

Comment

• A little (misinformed) knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Comment

• Before the pandemic I had no idea what a large portion of the population was lacking in common sense, proving that common sense isn't common.

Comment

Working...
                                X