Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

on coping with C19 lockdown

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • As Jef Rouner explains at Houston Press, the formula is simple and lucrative: raise fear, uncertainty, and doubt about the vaccines with complicated but false arguments that are hard for a layman to untangle, launder extreme claims by interviewing total lunatics, all while recommending unproven miracle remedies the shadowy Big Pharma conspiracy is supposedly suppressing. Then when you get in trouble for spreading antivaccine lies during a global pandemic, scream that you're being "censored" to get more attention, and watch the subscription numbers jump.

    Comment


    • Covid: Vaccine complications dwarfed by virus risks

      https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58347434

      It found that for every 10 million people vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine:
      • an extra 107 would be hospitalised or die from thrombocytopenia, which can cause internal bleeding and haemorrhages, but that was nearly nine times lower than the risk of the same condition following an infection
      • an extra 66 would be hospitalised or die from blood clots in the veins, but that was nearly 200 times lower than the risk following an infection

      For every 10 million people vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine, it found:
      • 143 extra strokes would be seen, but that was nearly 12 times lower than the risk following an infection

      Comment


      • For every 10 million people vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine, it found:
        • 143 extra strokes would be seen, but that was nearly 12 times lower than the risk following an infection

        I'm sure even those small numbers scare people....if the entire population was vaccinated it would be 4400 extra strokes ...which is basically a rounding error in comparison to the 795,000 each year who have a stroke.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
          Covid: Vaccine complications dwarfed by virus risks

          https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58347434

          It found that for every 10 million people vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine:
          • an extra 107 would be hospitalised or die from thrombocytopenia, which can cause internal bleeding and haemorrhages, but that was nearly nine times lower than the risk of the same condition following an infection
          • an extra 66 would be hospitalised or die from blood clots in the veins, but that was nearly 200 times lower than the risk following an infection

          For every 10 million people vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine, it found:
          • 143 extra strokes would be seen, but that was nearly 12 times lower than the risk following an infection
          With any named risk of the vaccine, COVID itself brings the same risks in a worse way. Millions are willfully ignorant of that. They convince themselves they'll be safe by refusing take on the vaccine's risks, while ignoring the risks of COVID.

          Comment


          • A police captain who refused the vaccine and took the anti-parasitic ivermectin to combat COVID-19 dies from the virus

            https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-ca...152556970.html

            In one post, Manning shared an image that said, "I am not vaccinated by choice and that's my right."

            In another, Manning encouraged people to stock up on the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin, frequently used to deworm horses, and increasingly being taken by people in a misguided attempt to treat or prevent COVID-19.

            Comment


            • Meanwhile.... why fight when you can enjoy what Covid has to offer.

              Comment


              • Meanwhile.....someone not coping well...

                https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipk...89019889528836

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                  Meanwhile.....someone not coping well...

                  https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipk...89019889528836
                  Infuse the ivermectin ASAP.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                    Meanwhile.....someone not coping well...

                    https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipk...89019889528836
                    It might be a douchey thing to say, but Airline tickets are too cheap these days. We have been embracing the good old fashion road trip, and did so this Summer for our 2 week family vacation. I'm not sure what will get me on a flight again.
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

                      It might be a douchey thing to say, but Airline tickets are too cheap these days. We have been embracing the good old fashion road trip, and did so this Summer for our 2 week family vacation. I'm not sure what will get me on a flight again.
                      I flew in July...no problems....going again in October and November....
                      Last edited by Conor Dary; 08-29-2021, 01:36 AM.

                      Comment


                      • I guess the supply of N95's has finally caught up with the demand because a few days ago I saw some 3M N95's on the shelf at an Ace hardware store.

                        Comment


                        • Mississippi's governor says people in the state are less scared of COVID-19 because they 'believe in eternal life' (yahoo.com)
                          • Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves said people in the state are "less scared" of COVID-19.
                          • "When you believe that living on this earth is but a blip on the screen, then you don't have to be so scared of things," he said.
                          • Health services are struggling under a wave of new infections in the state.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                            Mississippi's governor says people in the state are less scared of COVID-19 because they 'believe in eternal life' (yahoo.com)
                            • Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves said people in the state are "less scared" of COVID-19.
                            • "When you believe that living on this earth is but a blip on the screen, then you don't have to be so scared of things," he said.
                            • Health services are struggling under a wave of new infections in the state.
                            If this life is so unimportant, why do they even bother having people like Governors?

                            Comment



                            • When the New Covid Surge Struck, Mississippi Was Uniquely Unprepared


                              Poverty and politics have left the state with fewer doctors and nurses than it needs and hospitals on the brink of shutdown.



                              These scenes, unfolding in the heart of Mississippi’s capital city, are a clear indication that the health care system in the nation’s poorest state is close to buckling under the latest avalanche of cases triggered by the highly contagious Delta variant of the virus.
                              “We have reached a failure point,” LouAnn Woodward, the medical center’s top executive, said late last week. “The demand has exceeded our resources.”



                              The current coronavirus spike has hit the South hard, but a combination of poverty and politics made Mississippi uniquely unprepared to handle what is now the worst coronavirus outbreak in the nation. The state has fewer active physicians per capita than any other. Five rural hospitals have closed in the past decade, and 35 more are at imminent risk of closing, according to an assessment from a nonprofit health care quality agency. There are 2,000 fewer nurses in Mississippi today than there were at the beginning of the year, according to the state hospital association.

                              https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/29/u...imes&smtyp=cur

                              Comment


                              • What's really important is how good Ole Miss is at football....

                                What Mississippi has been left with, after years of infighting, is a system believed to be the weakest in the nation. According to a 2020 report from the Commonwealth Fund, a New York nonprofit group, Mississippi ranks at or near the bottom among states on key health care measurements, including infant mortality, childhood and adult obesity, and adults who have gone without care because they could not afford it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X