Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the evangelical Christian right seeded the false, yet surprisingly resilient, theory that vaccines contain microchips (yahoo.com)
    • The groundless conspiracy theory that vaccines contain microchips is believed by thousands.
    • The narrative has deep roots in the right-wing evangelical movement.
    • Prominent figures turbocharged the theory in the era of COVID-19, helping drive US vaccine hesitancy.

Comment

• Close examination of the police evidence photos revealed at least three buckets of chicken, up to 10 tubs of coleslaw, and an undisclosed quantity of fries.
      https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-amount-of-kfc
      No fast food moving in NZ under COVID regs.

Comment

• A video shows a man of 75, struggling to breathe due to COVID-19, was coaxed to leave hospital by an anti-vaxxer. He died days later, say reports (yahoo.com)
        • Joe McCarron, 75, died of COVID-19 after he was convinced to leave the hospital by anti-vaxxers.
        • A video shows an anti-vaxxer telling McCarron that staying in the hospital would kill him.
        • Two days after leaving, McCarron was rushed back to the hospital and died the following day.

Comment

• Op-Ed: Delusional reactions to epidemics are as old as time. COVID has been no different (yahoo.com)

If anyone should have been prepared for this — this surreal, tragic phase of the pandemic and the derangement of our collective response — it might be me. I am both a red-state native and a historian who studies infectious diseases.

Comment

• Sage Steele calls ESPN's vaccine mandate "sick".

I just — I didn’t want to do it. But I work for a company that mandates it, and I have until Sept. 30 to get it done, or I’m out.
            https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ccine-n1280322

Comment

• What an idiot. Good for ESPN.

Comment

• yeah for YouTube!

YouTube Bans Prominent Vaccine Skeptics, Outlaws Vids That Question Safety or Effectiveness of Vaccines

https://ijr.com/youtube-bans-promine...-outlaws-vids/

Comment

• I just checked the CVS booster shot schedule. Not the closest store, but it isn't very far (a few 'hoods away). Much easier this time maybe this 65yo subgroup, isn't on the ball yet after the 6months since the last shot. But you can get just about any time you want.

Comment

• The only folks I feel empathy for at this point are pregnant women. I can understand why pregnant women would have been hesitant to get vaccinated when they became eligible for the vaccine given the scarcity data of the effects of the vaccine on unborn children at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                      yeah for YouTube!

YouTube Bans Prominent Vaccine Skeptics, Outlaws Vids That Question Safety or Effectiveness of Vaccines

https://ijr.com/youtube-bans-promine...-outlaws-vids/
                      I got my vaccine, to be clear, but I consider this kind of censorship highly dangerous. Now we can no longer question something, as citizens? I feel like we're teetering closer and closer to some kind of Orwellian nightmare where the mere act of questioning will have you in chains. Not something to celebrate in the least.

This kind of censorship will just make people say, "see, they do have something to hide." Censorship fans the flames of skeptics.
                      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

I got my vaccine, to be clear, but I consider this kind of censorship highly dangerous. Now we can no longer question something, as citizens? I feel like we're teetering closer and closer to some kind of Orwellian nightmare where the mere act of questioning will have you in chains. Not something to celebrate in the least.

This kind of censorship will just make people say, "see, they do have something to hide." Censorship fans the flames of skeptics.
                        It's not censorship in my book as it's not a government entity. They just choose not to host such views. Skeptics and other nutty types are free to start their own video hosting service and have at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

It's not censorship in my book as it's not a government entity. They just choose not to host such views. Skeptics and other nutty types are free to start their own video hosting service and have at it.
                          Youtube, FB and the like have become modern Town Squares. They wield incredible power. Censorship in these places is chilling to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

Youtube, FB and the like have become modern Town Squares. They wield incredible power. Censorship in these places is chilling to me.
                            What do you think about a cable news channel refusing to run ads critical of a certain politician? Should they be allowed to do that?

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

What do you think about a cable news channel refusing to run ads critical of a certain politician? Should they be allowed to do that?
                              If!! You are claiming to be a news channel and as long as slander/libel isn't taking place, ads should play. Critical? Sure. False? Of course not.

TFN is a private message board, gh's rules are Law. Small, private businesses of course can have their restrictions.

Twitter, YouTube, FB and company are the Public Square. The Forum. They have morphed into something too powerful and persuasive to be allowed to censor.

My opinion. 🙂🙂🙂👍👍 I do not want to get too deep into the weeds (and off-topic).

Comment

• I was led to believe the folks who were unhappy with Twitter et al started their own service. Goober or somesuch? Maybe they could do BoobTube for videos

Comment

Working...
                                X