Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
    Demographic differences emerge based on where people got their COVID-19 news

You're missing Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter etc

Comment

• Letters to the Editor: How fed up are readers with anti-vaxxers? They're defending forced vaccination (yahoo.com)

Recently, columnist Nicholas Goldberg drew a red line at physically forcing the holdouts to get their shots, which reportedly is what's being done in China. Our readers were more receptive to the idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
        Letters to the Editor: How fed up are readers with anti-vaxxers? They're defending forced vaccination (yahoo.com)

Recently, columnist Nicholas Goldberg drew a red line at physically forcing the holdouts to get their shots, which reportedly is what's being done in China. Our readers were more receptive to the idea.
        I believe India did forced smallpox vaccinations in the 1970's to a tribal village of holdouts at the barrel of a gun.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

I believe India did forced smallpox vaccinations in the 1970's to a tribal village of holdouts at the barrel of a gun.
          That'll work

Comment

• I can't find any evidence of that....however...

In 1913, when he was still in South Africa, Gandhi expressed his strong opposition to vaccination, calling it “sacrilege”: “Vaccination seems to be a savage custom. It is one of the poisonous superstitions of our times the equal of which is not to be found even among so called primitive societies… Vaccination is a filthy remedy. Vaccine from an infected cow is introduced into our bodies; more, even vaccine from an infected human being is used… I personally feel that in taking this vaccine we are guilty of a sacrilege.” (‘General Knowledge About Health – XXIV’, Indian Opinion, June 14, 1913)

https://indianexpress.com/article/ex...india-7201266/

Comment

• Chronology of the eradication campaign

1972-1973: Intensive campaign in endemic Indian states
              October 1972: The Indian states are divided into two categories: endemic and non-endemic. The endemic states receive the highest priority and the majority of available resources. State Surveillance Teams are created in urgent areas.
              November 1972: The final phase of the Global Smallpox Eradication Programme is announced. In India, the target is to reduced the incidence of smallpox incidence to zero during the course of the next two smallpox seasons.
              June - December 1973: A special intensified campaign is launched in June. The first phase takes place in July and August in the urban areas. The second phase, occurs from September to December. The country-wide second phase has a special emphasis on the four major endemic states: Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal.
              1974: Further intensification and expansion of the program.
              January 1974: The Direction-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) agrees to make available $900,000 to augment existing resources. More WHO epidemiologists are deployed in India. During 1974, at any given time, approximately 100 national and international epidemiologists are working in the field, primarily in the heavily affected areas.
              May 1974: The number of smallpox outbreaks peaks with 11,000 new cases reported in a single week.
              January 1975: Launch of Operation Smallpox “Target Zero”. Containment of all suspected smallpox cases and chickenpox deaths is undertaken pending definitive diagnoses.
              7 April 1975: The theme of World Health Day, “Smallpox - Point of No Return” coincides with an all-India search operation that lasts until 14 April 1975.
              May 24, 1975: The last known Indian smallpox patient, a 30-year-old female, is identified.
              July 5, 1975: An independent assessment report proclaims that there is no evidence of smallpox after 5 July 1975.
              April 1977: Two year search and active surveillance activities confirm that India is free of smallpox.
              December 1979: Smallpox is officially eradicated from the planet.

https://apps.lib.umich.edu/online-ex...f-the-campaign

Comment

• It's outrageous.

Don't you think Governments should have suspended their vaccination programs today?

I mean, don't you think it is so terribly unfair that with Facebook down, the antivaxxers are unable to do their research. 😂😂😂

Comment

• Maryland man allegedly fatally shot his pharmacist brother for ‘killing people’ with the COVID vaccine, court records show (yahoo.com)

A Cumberland man allegedly killed his brother and sister-in-law in their Ellicott City home last week because his brother, a pharmacist, administered COVID-19 vaccines, according to charging documents filed Wednesday in a Howard County court.

Comment

Maryland man allegedly fatally shot his pharmacist brother for ‘killing people’ with the COVID vaccine, court records show (yahoo.com)

A Cumberland man allegedly killed his brother and sister-in-law in their Ellicott City home last week because his brother, a pharmacist, administered COVID-19 vaccines, according to charging documents filed Wednesday in a Howard County court.
                    Just read this article followed by:

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ne/6024541001/

"If you haven't had the vaccine you ought to think about getting it because if you're my age—" Graham said before he was stopped short with a "No!" from the audience.

"I didn't tell you to get it, but you ought to think about it," he continued. "I'm glad I got it. 92% of the people in hospitals are unvaccinated."

Members of the crowd were heard disagreeing and saying that that's not true.

Comment

• I wonder how many anti-vaxxers refuse to wear their seatbelts?

Comment

• Or wear a helmet on a motorcycle.

Comment

• That game can be played both ways, though. I wonder how many "vaxxers" don't wear seatbelts, are obese, smokers, do drugs, alcoholics, etc...
                          As someone who has personally administered hundreds of vaccines I can answer affirmative to some of those.

We humans are ridiculously contradictory.
                          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                            That game can be played both ways, though. I wonder how many "vaxxers" don't wear seatbelts, are obese, smokers, do drugs, alcoholics, etc...
                            As someone who has personally administered hundreds of vaccines I can answer affirmative to some of those.

We humans are ridiculously contradictory.
                            The last time I checked, obesity was not contagious, and I don't worry about getting obese simply by being around my obese neighbors or coworkers. And although I hate second-hand smoking, I have no problem with smokers as long as I don't get exposed to their smoke. It is relatively easy to detect who is smoking from distance so that I can avoid them.

Those people also do not cause event cancellations or facility closures with their selfish behaviors.

Comment

The last time I checked, obesity was not contagious, and I don't worry about getting obese simply by being around my obese neighbors or coworkers. And although I hate second-hand smoking, I have no problem with smokers as long as I don't get exposed to their smoke. It is relatively easy to detect who is smoking from distance so that I can avoid them.

Those people also do not cause event cancellations or facility closures with their selfish behaviors.
                              That's not what Lonewolf and Conor were talking about, though, was it? And you know it.
                              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Well, I don't mind any anti-vaxxers as long as they commit collective suicide without infecting other people, or overwhelming the hospital capacities.

And I don't worry about drivers without seatbelts as long as their bodies do not fly in front of me while driving on a highway.

But I am really, really, really tired of whataboutism from anti-vaxxers.

Comment

Working...
                                X