Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile....

President Biden’s order mandating federal employees to be fully vaccinated next month has generated anger in CBP’s ranks, particularly among conservative-leaning U.S. Border Patrol agents and the union that represents them. In recent weeks, leaders at the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) have joined Republican lawmakers who allege the Biden administration is allowing migrants to spread the coronavirus in the United States and placing the CBP workforce at greater risk, while also opposing his vaccination order.

Five Border Patrol agents died of covid-19 in September alone. The dead include two men in the San Diego sector, each with a wife and three children, according to the sector’s posting on Facebook, which said only that they died “after struggling with a short term illness.”

One commenter asked: “Didn’t they die of COVID? if so, why not say so?”

CBP officials said they did not disclose the information for privacy reasons, but the union confirmed they died of covid-19.

The NBPC does not encourage members to get vaccinated and has said it would like to file a legal challenge to Biden’s mandate that all federal employees be immunized by Nov. 22, but it has not yet found lawyers willing to take the case.

The union president said the rising deaths saddened him but that the vaccines remain a “personal choice.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immig...3e2_story.html

Comment

• If you think your "personal choice" is more important than the public welfare, you should not work for the government. There are plenty of private sector jobs available for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
        If you think your "personal choice" is more important than the public welfare, you should not work for the government. There are plenty of private sector jobs available for you.
        Yeah, but not with the benefits that government jobs come with. That's why people work for the government.

Comment

• 'Breaking Bad' actor Giancarlo Esposito’s message to the unvaccinated: ‘Go to a small island and sequester yourself’ (yahoo.com)

"If you don't want to vaccinate, go to a small island and sequester yourself," he said. [Otherwise] you're saying 'F*** you' to all you other human beings. We all have to do it if we want to live."

He went on to say, "I don't understand how people don't vaccinate. For me, I've lost dear friends, so I know it's real. Not only in Europe but in America, friends who were completely healthy and uncompromised. The vaccine is the answer."

Comment

• Abdul Qadeer Khan, who was considered the father of Pakistan’s atomic bomb and who secretly sold nuclear-weapons technology to such states as Iran and North Korea, died Sunday at age 85 after being hospitalized with covid-19.

Hmm? Good for Covid?

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
              Abdul Qadeer Khan, who was considered the father of Pakistan’s atomic bomb and who secretly sold nuclear-weapons technology to such states as Iran and North Korea, died Sunday at age 85 after being hospitalized with covid-19.

Hmm? Good for Covid?
              Why is it a good thing? Because he's a Muslim? 🤔

Comment

Abdul Qadeer Khan, who was considered the father of Pakistan’s atomic bomb and who secretly sold nuclear-weapons technology to such states as Iran and North Korea, died Sunday at age 85 after being hospitalized with covid-19.

Hmm? Good for Covid?
                I don't understand your logic.

Is it a good thing for covid-19 when US nuclear bomb scientists die?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

He was more a nuclear arms dealer than a scientist. He didn't really care who he sold too.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-58857827

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Why is it a good thing? Because he's a Muslim? 🤔
                    Stupid questions culled from idiotic suppositions do not deserve a response.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

We don't sell our technology to terrorists and dictatorships.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

He was more a nuclear arms dealer than a scientist. He didn't really care who he sold too.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-58857827
                        Exactly. North Korea has Nukes largely because of him.

Comment

You're a naive, jingoistic Islamophobic fool if you believe this nonsense. 🙄
                          Last edited by jazzcyclist; 10-11-2021, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Stupid questions culled from idiotic suppositions do not deserve a response.
                            The supposition is based on a pm you once sent me.

Comment

Uh, say what?? What exactly is your timeframe - the last 2.7 seconds? Even then, if we had all the details, you're probably wrong . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

The supposition is based on a pm you once sent me.
                                So share the pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X