Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
    Well, you can always refuse to become part of the club, like India, Pakistan and Israel have chosen.

https://www.un.org/disarmament/wmd/nuclear/npt/
    That didn't stop the US from sanctioning India and Pakistan for getting nukes while turning a blind eye to Israel and South Africa. And when South Africa's apartheid regime was voted out of office, the de Klerk collaborated with the US to rid the country of its nukes before Mandela could take office.

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
      There was once a large portion of the world that considered that the sun orbited earth.

Bullshit is bullshit, no matter how many people in the world believe it.

Israel is not a terrorist state.
      If Israel is not a terrorist state, then neither is Iran, not to mention North Korea and Cuba, because there is no definition of the phrase that would fit Iran that wouldn't also fit Israel. Not surprisingly when the UN tried to define terrorism and put it in writing it was the US objections that prevented it from happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
        Texas governor orders ban on private company vaccine mandate

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-gov...235436898.html

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order Monday to prohibit any entity, including private business, from enforcing a COVID-19 vaccine mandate on workers and called on state lawmakers to pass a similar ban into law.
        Why doesn't he just order all viruses to stay out of humans? Come on Greg, use that great big brain you got.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          That didn't stop the US from sanctioning India and Pakistan for getting nukes while turning a blind eye to Israel and South Africa. And when South Africa's apartheid regime was voted out of office, the de Klerk collaborated with the US to rid the country of its nukes before Mandela could take office.
          Fwiw Israel has never acknowledged having a nuclear weapon....though we know they have them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-but-not-iran/
          Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-12-2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• That meeting between Nixon and Meir set what has been Israel's unofficial policy ever since: one in which the country does nothing to publicly acknowledge or demonstrate its nuclear weapons program, and in exchange the United States would accept it. The Nixon administration had concluded that, while it didn't like the Israeli weapons program, it also wasn't prepared to stop it. The Cold War had polarized the Middle East, a region where Soviet influence was growing and where Israel -- along with Iran -- were scarce American allies. If they had already resigned themselves to living with a nuclear weapon, Kissinger concluded, they might as well make it on their terms.

"Essentially the bargain has been that Israel keeps its nuclear deterrent deep in the basement and Washington keeps its critique locked in the closet," Satloff explained.

Comment

• we're way off-topic here folks

Comment

• A tale of two counties: Texas communities illustrate deep divide in COVID-19 vaccination efforts (yahoo.com)

Among the many who have opted not to get the shot is Kacy Cole.

Despite the fact that he has seen firsthand how serious COVID-19 can be, with several close friends and family, including his wife, contracting the virus, Cole said he has not reconsidered his anti-vaccine stance.

"It did not," Cole told ABC News. "We prayed about it and we firmly believe that a lot of faith is involved in a lot of things we do."

Comment

• Anti-Vaccine Hall Of Famer Chipper Jones Drops Foul Ball And Fans Roast Him For It (yahoo.com)

...he was too busy doing his own research to make the catch

Comment

• [QUOTE=jazzcyclist;n1726586]

Go look at the last pm you sent me a few years ago. The reason I didn't respond to it is because your box was full.[/QUOTEI
                    In other words you can't offer any back up.

Comment

• [QUOTE=jeremyp;n1726629]
                      Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Go look at the last pm you sent me a few years ago. The reason I didn't respond to it is because your box was full.[/QUOTEI
                      In other words you can't offer any back up.
                      Did you look at what you sent me or are you going to bury your head in the sand and pretend you didn't? I'll forward it to you if you make space in your inbox.

Comment

• Hundreds of Police Officers Have Died From COVID-19. Vaccines Remain a Hard Sell. (yahoo.com)

More than 460 American law enforcement officers have died from COVID-19 infections tied to their work since the start of the pandemic, according to the Officer Down Memorial Page, making the coronavirus by far the most common cause of duty-related deaths in 2020 and 2021. More than four times as many officers have died from COVID-19 as from gunfire in that period. There is no comprehensive accounting of how many American police officers have been sickened by the virus, but departments across the country have reported large outbreaks in the ranks.

Comment

• [QUOTE=jazzcyclist;n1726630]
                          Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

Did you look at what you sent me or are you going to bury your head in the sand and pretend you didn't? I'll forward it to you if you make space in your inbox.
                          i have no idea where my in box is. Why not copy it and send it? Cool your jets.

Comment

• Food and Drug Administration scientists found potential benefit to a second dose of the Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine in a data review that was released Wednesday and that depended heavily on the company’s analysis, suggesting a booster of that shot was perhaps more warranted than additional doses of other coronavirus inoculations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...-booster-shot/

You can call me Jay, or you can call me JJ, but you don't have to.......

And now...Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine recipients are better off getting a booster shot from Pfizer or Moderna, a highly anticipated U.S. study suggested Wednesday.

The National Institutes of Health study on “mixing and matching” Covid vaccines included more than 450 adults who have received one of the three regimens currently available in the United States: J&J’s, Moderna’s or Pfizer’s. The study, which looks at whether there are any advantages or drawbacks to using different boosters, hasn’t yet been peer-reviewed.
                            Last edited by jeremyp; 10-14-2021, 02:39 AM.

Comment

• NZ Government has pretty much conceded that we have lost control of Delta, and dropping hints that case numbers are likely to climb into the thousands a day by mid November.

After getting down to 9 cases a day, just over 2 weeks ago, numbers in Auckland have steadily climbed to 71 today.

The R factor is now over 1.

Too many people ignoring isolation rules.
                              ​​​​​

Comment

• And from Alaska

An Alaska GOP lawmaker banned from flying on the state’s leading airline for refusing to wear a mask, and therefore unable to travel to and from the state capital, has now tested positive for the coronavirus, she said.

State Sen. Lora Reinbold, a Republican representing an Anchorage suburb, wrote on Facebook on Tuesday night that it was her “turn to battle Covid head on.”

“Game on! Who do you think is going to win?” Reinbold wrote of her infection. “When I defeat it, I will tell you my recipe.”

Another Republican state senator, David Wilson of Wasilla also tested positive this week and is quarantining at home. State Sen. Click Bishop, a Republican representing Fairbanks, is feeling ill, but tested negative for the virus, according to the Anchorage Daily News.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...old-covid-gop/

Comment

Working...
                                X