Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

The latest nut story is Colin Powell dying of Covid even though he was vaccinated ...see vaccines don't work....Without mentioning he was 84 and had multiple myeloma.
    Multiple myeloma suppresses the immune system. It would be accurate to say the vaccine didn't work for him because his immune system wasn't functioning properly.

Comment

• Every couple of weeks one of the reviewers in the SF Chron has a Q&A. Here's part of last weekend's:

<<Have you seen the interview with Eric Clapton (about vaccines)? I'd like to know what you think of it.>>

<<I'm interested in Eric Clapton's medical opinions about as much as I'm interested in hearing my doctor sing Layla. But at least my doctor's rendition of Layla would be harmless, which is not the case with Clapton and his vaccine notions.>>

Comment

• Meanwhile....

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — The NHL has suspended San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane for 21 games for submitting a fake COVID-19 vaccination card.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
          Every couple of weeks one of the reviewers in the SF Chron has a Q&A. Here's part of last weekend's:

<<Have you seen the interview with Eric Clapton (about vaccines)? I'd like to know what you think of it.>>

<<I'm interested in Eric Clapton's medical opinions about as much as I'm interested in hearing my doctor sing Layla. But at least my doctor's rendition of Layla would be harmless, which is not the case with Clapton and his vaccine notions.>>
          Some doctors would admit that hearing them sing could be hazardous to your health.

Comment

Meanwhile....

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — The NHL has suspended San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane for 21 games for submitting a fake COVID-19 vaccination card.
            I'll bet there are hundreds of other pro athletes using fake vaccine cards and I suspect Kane won't be the last one busted.

Comment

Meanwhile....

and the Sharks are hoping he gets charged with a felony, which will allow them to get out from under an onerous contract with a huge lockerroom cancer.

Comment

and the Sharks are hoping he gets charged with a felony, which will allow them to get out from under an onerous contract with a huge lockerroom cancer.
                Charging a high profile athlete with a felony might be something the authorities would want to do as a show of force against the practice.

Comment

• Happy days are here again

The Food and Drug Administration is planning to allow Americans to receive a different Covid-19 vaccine as a booster than the one they initially received, a move that could reduce the appeal of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and provide flexibility to doctors and other vaccinators.

NYT

Comment

They've been paying him $6M+ per year since 2018, he's made over $50M in his career, yet he filed for bankruptcy earlier this year with over $26M in debt. It's one thing to go bankrupt after your playing days are over, but for this to happen when you're still making millions???? The league should have a financial stupidity clause that lets teams terminate the contract for egregious irresponsibility like this. Players who get into this level of financial trouble are more easily coaxed or coerced into shenanigans like point-shaving (which he has been accused of).
                    Last edited by 18.99s; 10-19-2021, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Washington State has fired head football coach Nick Rolovich for refusing to get vaccinated.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ne-source-says

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                        Washington State has fired head football coach Nick Rolovich for refusing to get vaccinated.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ne-source-says
                        can't remember the last time I was this proud of my alma mater

Comment

• 4 assistant coaches also sacked

Comment

• Great news indeed....I could be a Cougar fan after that announcement.
                            Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-19-2021, 04:49 PM.

Comment

can't remember the last time I was this proud of my alma mater
                              I wonder if he thought the school would buckle.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

I wonder if he thought the school would buckle.
                                That wouldn't be surprising at all....narcissists in football coaches are not rare.

Comment

Working...
                                X