Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

on coping with C19 lockdown

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Miami private school says students who get COVID vaccine must stay home for 30 days (yahoo.com)

    The controversial Miami private school that garnered attention in April after announcing that teachers and staff who chose to get vaccinated for COVID-19 could not interact with students and would run the risk of losing their job has now discouraged parents from getting their children vaccinated.

    Comment


    • This is on them, not the school that employs them. Taking a stand against a vaccine that medical experts say has saved untold thousands of lives—that’s a hell of a place to draw a line, a hell of a manner in which to throw away a high-paying job.

      And a hell of a way to jeopardize the season for those who remain. Coaches love throwing around words like “commitment” and “buy-in” and “alignment,” but these guys weren’t willing to do what they knew they had to do when the proclamation was made Aug. 9—get vaccinated. (Rolovich tried to get a religious exemption to the mandate, but that apparently was rejected.) The players and remaining staff will be left behind trying to make it work.


      https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2021...mpression=true

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
        Miami private school says students who get COVID vaccine must stay home for 30 days (yahoo.com)

        The controversial Miami private school that garnered attention in April after announcing that teachers and staff who chose to get vaccinated for COVID-19 could not interact with students and would run the risk of losing their job has now discouraged parents from getting their children vaccinated.
        this one belongs in the "Descent Into The Middle Ages" thread!

        Comment


        • I reckon when you been making a few mill per year for a few years getting fired ain't no biggie.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
            I reckon when you been making a few mill per year for a few years getting fired ain't no biggie.
            But in Kyrie Irving's case, a 4 yr / $136,000,000 contract is some serious chump !

            Comment


            • Southwest Airlines caves into the anti-vaxxers.

              https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/19/sout...xemptions.html

              Comment


              • A good reason not to fly Southwest.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Atticus View Post

                  But in Kyrie Irving's case, a 4 yr / $136,000,000 contract is some serious chump !
                  Yeah, would give me pause. My commitment to personal moral/superstition/ obstinate/religious objection to a beneficial health practice would cave about six zeros before that number. Which raises the question: How can any athlete generate enough incremental income to warrant such astronomical salaries?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Atticus View Post

                    But in Kyrie Irving's case, a 4 yr / $136,000,000 contract is some serious chump !
                    And he's still going to get almost half his salary sitting at home since he's eligible for road games. Here's Adam Silver's take:

                    https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-commiss...235557489.html

                    And here's Charles Barkley's take:

                    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/charl...b065735735470d

                    Comment


                    • Unmasked cops shove a man out of a New York subway station for asking them to wear a mask. Masks are required in NYC for public transit.

                      https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...issue/3337900/

                      Comment


                      • I would like to start a petition for an Official Re-Start to Society. While there have always been people who disagreed with or ignored rules, and ignorance was not invented yesterday, I am whomper-jawed that so many of us seem to take pride in our lack of even basic courtesy.

                        Comment


                        • There’s no sharp reduction in risk coming around the corner, so it doesn’t make sense to think in terms of temporary measures and “back to normal” in the future. The question is what should normal be forever.

                          https://mobile.twitter.com/mattygles...31475030650883

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                            Barkley once floated the idea of running for the governor of Alabama. If he were the governor today, Alabama would have a better covid response. (They are about to pass NJ as the second deadliest state after MS.)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by KevinR View Post
                              I would like to start a petition for an Official Re-Start to Society. While there have always been people who disagreed with or ignored rules, and ignorance was not invented yesterday, I am whomper-jawed that so many of us seem to take pride in our lack of even basic courtesy.
                              I love this idea. Who sets the new rules?
                              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                              Comment


                              • Florida Man, and the beat goes on.

                                MIAMI (AP) — Florida's top health official was asked to leave a meeting after refusing to wear a mask at the office of a state senator who told him she had a serious medical condition, officials have confirmed.

                                A day into his job, Ladapo signed new rules allowing parents to decide whether their children should quarantine or stay in school after being exposed to people who tested positive for COVID-19.

                                On Thursday at a press conference with DeSantis to oppose vaccine mandates, Ladapo said people were not comfortable with the vaccines because the federal government has not been open about the effectiveness and safety of the vaccines, saying there was a “concerted effort” to hide stories of people with adverse reactions.
                                Last edited by jeremyp; 10-24-2021, 09:12 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X