X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by KevinR View Post

Governor MeeMaw is an odd one. She repeatedly tells people to get vaccinated, then presses for laws like this, which will have virtually no impact (other than appeasing her base). Maybe a public university prof/employee performing research on a Federal contract will be impacted, but even then it remains their choice to get the vax and the check, or not.
    I see where governors like Ivey are coming from. She along a few other governors, such as Jim Justice and Asa Hutchinson, are staunchly pro-vaccine but also anti-vaccine mandates. Justice is offering cash to get West Virginians vaccinated and Ivey's blast of anti-vaxxers went viral a few months ago. Similarly, I know some staunchly anti-abortion folks who feel that it's none of the government's business if a woman decides to get an abortion.

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Vaccines are important....

Mask mandates where a large majority is vaccinated is getting tiresome.
    Possibly not as tiresome as getting COVID but ymmv.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Vaccines are important....

Mask mandates where a large majority is vaccinated is getting tiresome.

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

It's O.K. he's now explained himself.

"Having a conversation with someone with wearing a mask is not something I find productive, especially when other options exist," he wrote. "It is important for me to communicate effectively with people. I can't do that when half of my face is covered."

Evidently he can't do it when his whole face is not covered!
    I read his explanation and he sounds like a total ass.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I'm trying to avoid expressing an opinion on Dr. Ledapo lest I get the boot.
    It's O.K. he's now explained himself.

"Having a conversation with someone with wearing a mask is not something I find productive, especially when other options exist," he wrote. "It is important for me to communicate effectively with people. I can't do that when half of my face is covered."

Evidently he can't do it when his whole face is not covered!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X