Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

on coping with C19 lockdown

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by KevinR View Post

    Isn't vaccination the fastest and least deadly way of reaching herd immunity? Just asking....
    Yes, if herd immunity is possible. Our problem is we would need far more of the world to be vaccinated before even thinking of herd immunity.

    People considering herd immunity by spread and death are either ill-informed or have a serious mental health issue.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by KevinR View Post

      Dear Lord, he is now importing the unvaccinated.......
      From Miami Herald:

      Nothing can hide Florida’s descent into Crazyville. Not the “Don’t Tread on Florida” alligator signs held by Gov. Ron DeSantis’ supporters at his latest COVID-19 policy proposal announcement. Not the state’s new Ivy League-educated surgeon general, Dr. Joseph Ladapo, who, as reported by FloridaPolitics.com, refused — refused! — to wear a mask when he met with state Sen. Tina Polsky in her office in Tallahassee. The state senator, who represents parts of Broward and Palm Beach counties, has cancer.

      Crazy.

      We thought things couldn’t get much worse in DeSantis’ handling of the pandemic, but we were wrong — then we were wrong again. Just when you think he’s done enough to undermine our chances of exiting a pandemic that has killed nearly 60,000 Floridians, he has a new trick up his sleeve.

      DeSantis’ latest move, announced Thursday, is to call a special legislative session to undermine federal requirements announced by President Biden that some workers be vaccinated against the coronavirus. Among the laws he wants lawmakers to pass is making businesses liable for medical harm that results from mandatory vaccinations, even though millions of vaccines have safely been administered in the United States.


      https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/...ignews_related

      Comment


      • 2nd place is not enough. This governor wants her state to pass MS.

        Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey joins states pushing back against Biden administration's vaccine mandates (yahoo.com)

        Alabama Republican Gov. Kay Ivey ordered state agencies to resist the Biden administration's coronavirus vaccine mandates on Monday, pledging to fight the White House in court.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
          2nd place is not enough. This governor wants her state to pass MS.

          Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey joins states pushing back against Biden administration's vaccine mandates (yahoo.com)

          Alabama Republican Gov. Kay Ivey ordered state agencies to resist the Biden administration's coronavirus vaccine mandates on Monday, pledging to fight the White House in court.
          Governor MeeMaw is an odd one. She repeatedly tells people to get vaccinated, then presses for laws like this, which will have virtually no impact (other than appeasing her base). Maybe a public university prof/employee performing research on a Federal contract will be impacted, but even then it remains their choice to get the vax and the check, or not.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

            I'm trying to avoid expressing an opinion on Dr. Ledapo lest I get the boot.
            It's O.K. he's now explained himself.

            "Having a conversation with someone with wearing a mask is not something I find productive, especially when other options exist," he wrote. "It is important for me to communicate effectively with people. I can't do that when half of my face is covered."

            Evidently he can't do it when his whole face is not covered!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

              It's O.K. he's now explained himself.

              "Having a conversation with someone with wearing a mask is not something I find productive, especially when other options exist," he wrote. "It is important for me to communicate effectively with people. I can't do that when half of my face is covered."

              Evidently he can't do it when his whole face is not covered!
              I read his explanation and he sounds like a total ass.

              Comment


              • Vaccines are important....

                Mask mandates where a large majority is vaccinated is getting tiresome.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                  Vaccines are important....

                  Mask mandates where a large majority is vaccinated is getting tiresome.
                  Possibly not as tiresome as getting COVID but ymmv.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by KevinR View Post

                    Governor MeeMaw is an odd one. She repeatedly tells people to get vaccinated, then presses for laws like this, which will have virtually no impact (other than appeasing her base). Maybe a public university prof/employee performing research on a Federal contract will be impacted, but even then it remains their choice to get the vax and the check, or not.
                    I see where governors like Ivey are coming from. She along a few other governors, such as Jim Justice and Asa Hutchinson, are staunchly pro-vaccine but also anti-vaccine mandates. Justice is offering cash to get West Virginians vaccinated and Ivey's blast of anti-vaxxers went viral a few months ago. Similarly, I know some staunchly anti-abortion folks who feel that it's none of the government's business if a woman decides to get an abortion.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

                      I see where governors like Ivey are coming from. She along a few other governors, such as Jim Justice and Asa Hutchinson, are staunchly pro-vaccine but also anti-vaccine mandates. Justice is offering cash to get West Virginians vaccinated and Ivey's blast of anti-vaxxers went viral a few months ago. Similarly, I know some staunchly anti-abortion folks who feel that it's none of the government's business if a woman decides to get an abortion.
                      The 15,407 dead might not see where she's coming from now.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by booond View Post

                        Possibly not as tiresome as getting COVID but ymmv.
                        After you are vaccinated, except for a tiny few, Covid is a minor inconvenience and nothing more. It is like seasonal flu which we don't treat like the plague. A friend in England, fully vaccinated, tested positive last week and has no symptoms. And the UK government has handled it like she is Typhoid Mary.

                        People act like no one ever got sick before covid. The over reaction is ridiculous. If someone fully vaccinated thinks masks are stupid I agree. I don't care who they are.

                        If you want to wear a mask fine...but let the rest of us vaccinated people alone.
                        Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-26-2021, 08:24 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

                          It's O.K. he's now explained himself.

                          "Having a conversation with someone with wearing a mask is not something I find productive, especially when other options exist," he wrote. "It is important for me to communicate effectively with people. I can't do that when half of my face is covered."
                          Other options are getting vaccinated...I agree with him on this point.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

                            After you are vaccinated, except for a tiny few, Covid is a minor inconvenience and nothing more. It is like seasonal flu which we don't treat like the plague. A friend in England, fully vaccinated, tested positive last week and has no symptoms. And the UK government has handled it like she is Typhoid Mary.

                            People act like no one ever got sick before covid. The over reaction is ridiculous. If someone fully vaccinated thinks masks are stupid I agree. I don't care who they are.

                            If you want to wear a mask fine...but let the rest of us vaccinated people alone.
                            You miss the part where others can pass along the virus and accidentally kill someone.

                            Also, saying it is a minor inconvenience is bullshit. Almost 1500 people died yesterday, which isn't a seasonal flu number.

                            If you want to defend a position then defend it with facts not bullshit because a mask is inconvenient for you.

                            Comment


                            • I have had few to no issues conversating with people wearing masks. Well, except from those who are ardently anti-mask, and they're just childish anyway.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                                And the UK government has handled it like she is Typhoid Mary.
                                Can we back off my family please? You guys already have been all over Karens, which is my wife's name. Now Typhoid Mary [Mallon]. My father did our family genealogy back in the 1990s before he died in 2000. Mary Mallon was my grandfather's aunt. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Mallon

                                FWIW, Mrs BamBam (Karen) and I got our Moderna boosters yesterday - our 3rd shot. Her arm is a little sore but otherwise OK. I actually had a little reaction to this one - none on the first two - I got really tired last night very early and had a headache, but feel fine today.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X