Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

on coping with C19 lockdown

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
    The results suggest even those who are fully vaccinated have a sizeable risk of becoming infected, with analysis revealing a fully vaccinated contact has a 25% chance of catching the virus from an infected household member while an unvaccinated contact has a 38% chance of becoming infected.


    Evidence keeps emerging that the COVID vaccines aren't nearly as bulletproof as other vaccines like smallpox and measles. I view them as the equivalent of air bags and seat belts; they significantly reduce the chances of hospitalization and death, but you wouldn't count on them to save you in a 60 mph head-on collision, and other people's moronic behavior can still hurt you.

    Living with an infected person is damn near the equivalent of a head-on collision.

    However, the figures do not shed light on the severity of illness, while the team cautions these figures fall within a range of possible values, meaning the exact size of the difference is unclear."
    Another gap in the information is how many in each household were living in the same room. Some people have avoided intra-household transmission by isolating the infected individual to a bedroom or basement for the duration of their illness.

    Comment


    • For so many the no endgame in sight is the point...like no one ever got sick before Covid...

      Should fully vaccinated individuals become infected, he added, they remain protected against severe disease and death, and tend to have only a mild infection.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        For so many the no endgame in sight is the point...like no one ever got sick before Covid...

        Should fully vaccinated individuals become infected, he added, they remain protected against severe disease and death, and tend to have only a mild infection.
        What's keeping things from going back to normal is hospitals being overrun. If there had never been any hospitals overrun, COVD-19 would have been treated just like the common flu from the beginning.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          If there had never been any hospitals overrun, COVD-19 would have been treated just like the common flu from the beginning.
          Uh, no . . .


          Comment


          • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

            What's keeping things from going back to normal is hospitals being overrun.
            Yep. People are having their cancer treatments and heart surgeries delayed or relocated far away because their local hospitals are full of Covid patients, mostly unvaccinated.

            If there had never been any hospitals overrun, COVD-19 would have been treated just like the common flu from the beginning.
            Not really. In the beginning, nearly everybody was freaking out over it. It may be treated like the common flu in the long run if hospital capacity is not threatened, but it would have been a big deal anyway in the beginning.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
              Not really. In the beginning, nearly everybody was freaking out over it. It may be treated like the common flu in the long run if hospital capacity is not threatened, but it would have been a big deal anyway in the beginning.
              It may have been a big deal in the same way Ebola, H1N1 and the Bird flu were a big deal - a lot of media hype without any effect on the lives of 99% of the population and no effect on the economy.
              Last edited by jazzcyclist; 10-31-2021, 03:22 AM.

              Comment


              • Before the vaccines closing down everything was a good idea....Covid was really bad...

                But with vaccines ubiquitous it is time to move on...

                And thanks to all the federal input the economy has recovered fairly well.



                Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-31-2021, 03:36 AM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                  It may have been a big deal in the same way Ebola, H1N1 and the Bird flu were a big deal - a lot of media hype without any effect on the lives of 99% of the population and no effect on the economy.
                  1% of the population is 3 million people...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                    Uh, no . . .

                    Uh...yes....or at least I hope so. Had the hospitalizations not been an issue and people were able to recover on their own at home, then obviously the virus wouldn't have been as big of an issue because it would have been a lot closer to the seasonal flu. No lockdowns and overall effect on the population.
                    Last edited by NotDutra5; 10-31-2021, 03:00 PM.

                    Comment



                    • "I am willing to lose my safety and security, my house, everything, for my freedom, and I want you to think about that."

                      After thinking about that I agree with Kaiser that these are not things I'm looking for in a health care professional.



                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                        "I am willing to lose my safety and security, my house, everything, for my freedom, and I want you to think about that."

                        After thinking about that I agree with Kaiser that these are not things I'm looking for in a health care professional.
                        How much freedom will she have if she's homeless, or in a hospital bed hooked up to an oxygen tank?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

                          How much freedom will she have if she's homeless, or in a hospital bed hooked up to an oxygen tank?
                          They get so caught up in this antivax nonsense they lose all sense of reality. My mother was an RN who did polio nursing in the 40s....iron lungs and all that....she would be aghast at such behavior in a nurse.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

                            Uh...yes....or at least I hope so. Had the hospitalizations not been an issue and people were able to recover on their own at home, then obviously the virus wouldn't have been as big of an issue because it would have been a lot closer to the seasonal flu. No lockdowns and overall effect on the population.
                            Respectfully, the lethality of the current coronavirus, even with precautions that were taken, shows that this was something far beyond the normal flu. It is hard to hide the fact that in the US, 3/4 of a million people have died from it. And the planet just surpassed 5 million deaths, while recognizing that this is almost certainly an undercount.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

                              Uh...yes....or at least I hope so. Had the hospitalizations not been an issue and people were able to recover on their own at home, then obviously the virus wouldn't have been as big of an issue because it would have been a lot closer to the seasonal flu. No lockdowns and overall effect on the population.
                              Had Lincoln not been shot he would have been fine....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

                                Had Lincoln not been shot he would have been fine....
                                A better analogy would be had Lincoln been shot in his arm he would have been fine, because the hospital system is one of society's vital organs, not a limb, and it was that threat that prompted governments world-wide to take draconian measures to stop the spread of COVID-19.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X