Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

Which reads "I don't believe governments would have taken such drastic actions if...1500 people died daily out of the hospital."
    FYI, a lot more than 1500 die daily outside of hospitals, including 3700 daily from car accidents alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
      FYI, a lot more than 1500 die daily outside of hospitals, including 3700 daily from car accidents alone.
      And your point is? I don't think car accidents are contagious.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

And your point is? I don't think car accidents are contagious.
        My point is that the massive number of hospitalizations is what caused governments to take drastic actions not the number of deaths.

Comment

My point is that the massive number of hospitalizations is what caused governments to take drastic actions not the number of deaths.
          Well yeah....it wasn't like they just dropped dead after catching Covid.

I don't know about that anyways...having healthy love ones dying en masse, when they could be prevented, isn't a winning message for voters.

Comment

I agree with you Jazz. This is the primary reason NZ Government went into hard lockdowns - to prevent our hospitals being overwhelmed.

Comment

3700/day die from car accidents where? Worldwide? US vehicle accident deaths are under 110 per day (38680 last year, and 36,096 in 2019).

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...07-2021-06-03/

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

3700/day die from car accidents where? Worldwide? US vehicle accident deaths are under 110 per day (38680 last year, and 36,096 in 2019).

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...07-2021-06-03/
                Oops! You're right, that is a global number. Thanks.

Comment

• I'm not a Sage Steele fan but I think ESPN was heavy-handed in this instance. Apparently not only do they expect their employees to comply with their vaccine mandate but they have to like it too.

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/06/10436...vaccines-obama

Comment

• Everyone on network TV is paid to pretend they like everyone and everything involved in the production.

Comment

• Networks like ESPN believe strongly in diversity and inclusion - except in thinking. You must think like we want you to, or you're gone. The fact that Sage Steele is gone, who I liked a lot, while Elle Duncan is now the face of 6 PM SportsCenter, and I think is not very good, tells you everything you need to know about their policies.

Comment

• Another idiot...

Sports anchor Sage Steele is off the air at ESPN after she called vaccine mandates "sick" and "scary" and questioned why former President Barack Obama identifies as Black even though he was raised by his white mother.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                          Another idiot...

Sports anchor Sage Steele is off the air at ESPN after she called vaccine mandates "sick" and "scary" and questioned why former President Barack Obama identifies as Black even though he was raised by his white mother.
                          Assuming you meant Ms. Steele....why would she be an idiot?

Comment

I'm not a Sage Steele fan but I think ESPN was heavy-handed in this instance. Apparently not only do they expect their employees to comply with their vaccine mandate but they have to like it too.

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/06/10436...vaccines-obama
                            Welcome to Corporate America. If you're one of the public faces of a corporation, they're paying you to echo their views or at least keep your opposing views to yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by jc203 View Post
                              Everyone on network TV is paid to pretend they like everyone and everything involved in the production.
                              Yeah, I guess you have a point. All the folks on TV are de facto public relations workers 24/7. The folks who operate the cameras and take out the garbage have more freedom when they're off the clock but they're also paid a lot less too. My sister-in-law, who bambam has met, once got called on the carpet for cutting her hair without notice.
                              jazzcyclist
                              Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-06-2021, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                                Networks like ESPN believe strongly in diversity and inclusion - except in thinking. You must think like we want you to, or you're gone. The fact that Sage Steele is gone, who I liked a lot, while Elle Duncan is now the face of 6 PM SportsCenter, and I think is not very good, tells you everything you need to know about their policies.

This is exactly correct. Sage Steele is guilty of incorrect thinking, and worse yet, she doesn't think like ESPN expects a black woman to think. They can't compute...can't process the idea...that she doesn't toe the conpany line word for word. ESPN has become disgusting to me. There are individual anchors I still appreciate, but that company has gone crazy. They're hemorrhaging ratings and it's causing them to grasp at any and all wild social trends to right a ship with a Titanic rip in the hull. Lucky for them NCAA and NFL football exists.

I've enjoyed Ms. Steele for years. Thought she was great on the NBA show. I respect her now even more for sticking to her guns in the face of a woke mob at her place of employment.
                                scottmitchell74
                                Last edited by scottmitchell74; 11-06-2021, 01:49 AM.
                                You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Working...
                                X