X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gh View Post
    your 16-digit most-used credit card?

(plus CVV and expiry date of course)
    Once on a trip to Eugene I realized I had left AMEX card on the coffee table at home, and to.my pleasant surprise I was able to eat out at restaurants without it as long as I had this information memorized.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

Yup RA 516
      I wonder if it's dangerous to put your serial number out on the internet.

Comment

• Praise the Lord, and pass the Tylenol! Just got my Moderna booster!

Comment

• Originally posted by J Rorick View Post

I wonder if it's dangerous to put your serial number out on the internet.
          Only partial

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post
            Praise the Lord, and pass the Tylenol! Just got my Moderna booster!
            Yay! Christmas quotes.
            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post
              Praise the Lord, and pass the Tylenol! Just got my Moderna booster!
              Any side effects, other than the expected soreness in the injected shoulder?

Comment

• Only minor side effects; arm soreness and fatigue, but they have both faded away after 24 hours.

Comment

• I got my Pfizer booster on 11/27 - no side effects other than slight arm soreness.

Comment

• I had no side effects from either J&j or Moderna. My daughter reacted to Moderna by sleeping for 12 hours. I can’t recall ever reacting badly to any vaccine, but I’m old.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                      I had no side effects from either J&j or Moderna. My daughter reacted to Moderna by sleeping for 12 hours. I can’t recall ever reacting badly to any vaccine, but I’m old.
                      I was afraid to switch vaccines when I got my booster. I figured that if there are long-term side effects mixing vaccines would give you the worst of both worlds.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                        I was afraid to switch vaccines when I got my booster. I figured that if there are long-term side effects mixing vaccines would give you the worst of both worlds.
                        Actually the studies have shown it is OK to do that, with the studies having been done on a single-dose vaccine (J&J, AstraZeneca) followed by a double-dose vaccine (Moderna, Pfizer). In fact these have shown that this may provide greater protection than staying with J&J or AZ vaccine for the booster. Not clear, however, if that is because Moderna and Pfizer seem to provide the most protection (in most studies), or if its because you are getting two different forms of protection by using different vaccines.

Comment

• Here's a pretty good summary of the data on heterologous vaccines and boosters - from the European CDC - https://dgalerts.docguide.com/ema-an...erID=305980752

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Actually the studies have shown it is OK to do that, with the studies having been done on a single-dose vaccine (J&J, AstraZeneca) followed by a double-dose vaccine (Moderna, Pfizer). In fact these have shown that this may provide greater protection than staying with J&J or AZ vaccine for the booster. Not clear, however, if that is because Moderna and Pfizer seem to provide the most protection (in most studies), or if its because you are getting two different forms of protection by using different vaccines.
                            If I am not mistaken, AZ is a double-dose vaccine.

Comment

• Ron Johnson Insists Mouthwash Can Kill Coronavirus. A Mouthwash Company Disagrees (yahoo.com)

Listerine has also done what it can to tamp down speculation that mouthwash is a Covid cure. The company’s website hasan entire page dedicated to explaining that “the current available data is not sufficient to support a conclusion that the use of LISTERINE mouthwash is helpful against the COVID-19 virus,” adding that Listerine is “a company firmly rooted in science.”

Comment

• Meanwhile in Michigan

Recently a patient in his 70s came seeking care at the small rural hospital in West Michigan where I’ve worked as an emergency physician for two decades. He had tested positive for the coronavirus earlier in the week, was running a high fever and struggled to breathe. When asked if he’d been vaccinated, he snapped back, “I don’t approve of the vaccine.”

A few days later, a young patient sick with Covid-19 was admitted with dangerously low blood oxygen levels. His spouse and infant child came in to say goodbye just before he was sedated and intubated. “I don’t think I’ll see you again,” he said. He died before the end of the week. He was unvaccinated.

As of last Monday, nine hospitals in Michigan were 100 percent full, and at least 20 others were at or above 90 percent capacity. Statewide, nearly one in four hospital patients has a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19. In the last few weeks, my hospital has been consistently at or near capacity and nearly every day the vast majority of those patients are sick with Covid-19. Nearly all have been unvaccinated.

NYT

Comment

Working...
                                X