• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
    There'll be bluebirds over
    The white cliffs of Dover

Tomorrow, just you wait and see
    Indeed...I was telling a friend of mine in England that compared to the bombings in WW2 her 90 year old mother probably thinks social distancing is no big deal...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Ran 2 miles near and around Hayward now...no construction today unlike a couple weekends ago.

Eugene seems fairly normal...quiet like when the students are gone...but people out and about...

Comment

I did not know the singer was Vera Lynn but I remember hearing "White Cliffs of Dover" and "I'll be Seeing You" on the radio when I was a dumb 13 year old, itching to join my young uncles and older cousins in uniform. I did not really appreciate the meaning behind the lyrics then, just a crystal clear voice...75 years later, I understand why these beautiful songs made their wives and daughters cry then... and me now..

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
          I did not know the singer was Vera Lynn but I remember hearing "White Cliffs of Dover" and "I'll be Seeing You" on the radio when I was a dumb 13 year old, itching to join my young uncles and older cousins in uniform. I did not really appreciate the meaning behind the lyrics then, just a crystal clear voice...75 years later, I understand why these beautiful songs made their wives and daughters cry then... and me now..
          Still shoring up morale https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sussex-51981339

Comment

A national treasure...lovely lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
              Ran 2 miles...
              Soft!

Here's the target for every body self-isolating:

Man runs marathon on 7m balcony

Cue the debate on proper course certification and the hunt for an official time!

Comment

Originally posted by El Toro View Post

Soft!

Here's the target for every body self-isolating:

Man runs marathon on 7m balcony

Cue the debate on proper course certification and the hunt for an official time!
                Pfffft. I want to know what kind of shoes were worn before I judge the quality of that performance. 🤣

Comment

you could pull a symphony together:

From us, for you.We’re adjusting to a new reality and we’ll have to find solutions in order to support each other. Creative forces help us, let’s think outsi...

(a true ode to joy)

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

From us, for you.We’re adjusting to a new reality and we’ll have to find solutions in order to support each other. Creative forces help us, let’s think outsi...

(a true ode to joy)
                    That was wonderful.

Comment

That's lovely...

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

(a true ode to joy)
                        Great stuff!

Comment

Very original rap lyrics!

Comment

priceless!

Comment

Big day tomorrow, guys. Going to the dump. Not taking a dump. We're on toilet paper restrictions. Can't spare a square.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                                I have found it very helpful to have regular Zoom meetings with my church group......
                                along that line, for today's normal family Sunday dinner (10 people, 4 households) we all linked on Facetime and did a cocktail hour together. I was really pissed at the people who kept eating Ruffles with onion dip!

Seriously, modern technology does work some miracles that just a decade ago were the stuff of science fiction.

Comment

Working...
                                X