Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

That's Oregon...but the state owned liquor stores are open here.
    It is also the case in Virginia, but I do not know if the state-owned liquor stores are open there.

Comment

• Virginia's state-owned liquor stores are generally open, but they've closed a few in certain areas. https://wjla.com/news/local/virginia...9-grips-region

Comment

• Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
        I am coping with the C19 lock down with a bottle of good scotch.
        The Pope would approve. https://vinepair.com/booze-news/pope...scotch-whisky/

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
          There's always this
          https://dickpritchettrealestate.com/
          Bald Eagle and 2 chicks. Live Cam.
          Thanks for the tip.

I have watched them for the past five or six seasons (Nov-Feb), and stopped in January after one chick died and the other egg was not viable. Had no idea that they tried again and managed to create two more chicks.

Comment

• I got an email from my gym yesterday, and they will be reopening on Monday when the state-wide lockdown is lifted. They explained all the protocol they would be following to keep us safe. I am sure the staffs will be following that. But judging from how people are behaving in grocery stores, I won't trust other members. If anything, the meatheads in the gym can be even more dangerous than the average grocery shopper.

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
              I got an email from my gym yesterday, and they will be reopening on Monday when the state-wide lockdown is lifted. They explained all the protocol they would be following to keep us safe. I am sure the staffs will be following that. But judging from how people are behaving in grocery stores, I won't trust other members. If anything, the meatheads in the gym can be even more dangerous than the average grocery shopper.
              My thoughts too..

Comment

• meanwhile, in Vermont....

Distillery turns stale beer into whiskey amid coronavirus pandemic

https://nypost.com/2020/04/30/distil...irus-pandemic/

Comment

• My biggest complaint: My underwear keeps shrinking.

Comment

My biggest complaint: My underwear keeps shrinking.
                    Seems to be a feast or famine thing. I have lost a little and am in MUCH better shape than I was 2 months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Seems to be a feast or famine thing. I have lost a little and am in MUCH better shape than I was 2 months ago.
                      I walk 30 minutes every morning, but 3 month diet I had been on prior has blown up. When gym opens I will go back.

Comment

When gym opens I will go back.
                        My problem is that when things 'go back', we'll be going out to restaurants again, and I have a 'portion control' problem. If they give it to me, I eat it.
                        At home I eat half that much, because I'm too lazy to fix anything more than sustenance levels.

Comment

• Social distancing Colorado Springs style. Note this is some other guy's video. Cheyenne Canyon is a mile from our house as the crow flies. Hiking trails off the road, local road bike test-piece with 1100' of climbing in 3.2 miles, more trails and mountain bike riding from a parking area at the end of the climbing. Some guy shared this on FB last weekend. Never seen it anything like that before.

https://www.facebook.com/alexsmithna...xg6ZVk7PSzTT7i
                          Last edited by DrJay; 05-04-2020, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• That's insane....

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                              That's insane....
                              As are the ensuing videos.

Comment

• Since the other thread on C19 was stopped for political commentary, I’ll post the simple daily numbers here for a while. The way it works is that Governor Cuomo (NY) gives NY daily numbers about midday and Governor Murphy (NJ) usually gives daily NJ about 1pm. We then add the other numbers about the same time so we can do day-to-day comparisons.

I do the Bergen County numbers because it is my county, the largest of 21 NJ counties, and across the GW bridge from NYC.

We’ve made a change: we used to give NYC numbers issued directly by NYC but those numbers tended to be erratic if given on weekends, and also include “probable” virus deaths that the CDC and the states treat as a separate category. So we are now giving the NYC numbers that New York State releases.

The Monday (5/4/20) early afternoon numbers:

Worldwide: 3,529K(+2%)cases & 248K (+1%) deaths
                                The USA: 1,191K(+2%) cases & 68,678(+2%) deaths
                                New York: 319K (+2%) cases & 19,189 (+2%) deaths
                                NYC City: 174K (+1%) cases & 13,538(+0%) deaths
                                New Jersey: 128K (+1%) cases & 7,910 (+1%) deaths
                                Bergen Co.: 16,282(+1%)cases & 1,215 (+0%) deaths

New Jersey said that their daily numbers may have been understated because of a temporary network outage.

These are the lowest percentage daily increases since I started computing and posting them.

Last edited by Halfmiler2; 05-04-2020, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X