Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Africans asked for COVID shots, they didn't get them. Now they don't want them | Reuters

It's noisy inside the Mamprobi clinic in Accra as kids clamber over their mothers while they wait to get their measles vaccines. Outside, an area reserved for COVID-19 shots is empty. A health worker leans back in his chair and scrolls on a tablet.

Comment

• As the old Jamaican proverb says: Wanty wanty, can't getty. Getty getty, no wanty.

Comment

• A new study claims Medicare-for-all could have saved more than 200,000 lives during the pandemic

https://www.vox.com/coronavirus-covi...al-health-care

...a new study from a group of scholars at Yale and UMass-Amherst says the US had more deaths per capita than most economic peers due to something more specific: the lack of universal health care.

Comment

• The Pig Bar-B-Q says it all....

Amid backlash from political rivals, medical professionals and senior federal government officials alike, DeSantis on Monday morning reaffirmed his decision not to preorder newly authorized COVID-19 vaccines or offer them at state health departments.

“We are not going to have any programs where we’re trying to jab 6-month-old babies with mRNA,” he said during a news conference at The Pig Bar-B-Q in Callahan. “We still have not ordered it. We’re not going to order it.”

Florida is the only U.S. state that did not pre-order COVID-19 vaccines for kids under 5 before the Food and Drug Administration authorized them. After the FDA granted an emergency use authorization on Friday, the state allowed health care providers to place orders for the vaccines, something providers in other states had been able to do since June 3.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coro...qiq-story.html

Last edited by jeremyp; 06-20-2022, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• For anyone not aware "the jab" is a term used by anti-vaxxers as a negative term. It was used in this sense by DeSantis and not unexpectedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
              For anyone not aware "the jab" is a term used by anti-vaxxers as a negative term. It was used in this sense by DeSantis and not unexpectedly.
              the pro-vax circles I travel in almost exclusivvely refer to "jab" in a positive sense.

Comment

• I personally take pride in each of my "Fauci Ouchies".

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

the pro-vax circles I travel in almost exclusivvely refer to "jab" in a positive sense.
                  Until COVID, with 40 years of clinical medicine going back to 1980, I had never heard the term "jab" used to refer to an injection or shot of any type.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Until COVID, with 40 years of clinical medicine going back to 1980, I had never heard the term "jab" used to refer to an injection or shot of any type.
                    I heard it in Britain way back when, not here.

Comment

• Yes, "jab" is the word most commonly used in the UK. I think for most people here, "shot" is more associated with whisky, vodka, tequila etc.

Comment

• If they want me to explain it, I will.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...ldren-under-5/

Publix won’t give COVID vaccine to children under 5

The Lakeland grocery chain said it will not explain its decision “at this time.”

Comment

Working...
                        X