Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just managed to escape a lynching today. Was in an aisle at the Grocery store and called my wife on phone to be sure I was buying the right item, when....I sneezed. Big one! I can hear my wife saying "was that you? Do you have your mask on?" I did!, and a quick perusal of my surroundings showed an empty aisle. Phew!

Comment

• Good day: Friend sent me a regulation face mask .. much more convenient, comfortable and stylish than my dish towel.
      Bad day: The virus just got personal. Notified by several oil producers that they are suspending production on unprofitable wells until prices improve.. renting 500 bbl frac tanks for storage from producing wells.. tanks available because drilling is down..dunno what happens when they run out of frac tanks.
      Last edited by lonewolf; 05-14-2020, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
        ... tanks available because drill is down..dunno what happens when they run out of frac tanks.
        The Strategic Petroleum Reserve has a current inventory of 640 MMbbl and a capacity of almost 800 MMbbl. Why aren't we filling that? It seems like the opportunity of a lifetime.
        Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

• Oh dear....

Coronavirus Wrecked Tesla’s Momentum and Elon Musk Is Furious

Mr. Musk opened his California factory this week in defiance of local orders. He has also criticized the response to the pandemic as “dumb” and “fascist.”

Mr. Musk opened his California factory this week in defiance of local orders. He has also criticized the response to the pandemic as “dumb” and “fascist.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
            Oh dear.... Coronavirus Wrecked Tesla’s Momentum and Elon Musk Is Furious Mr. Musk opened his California factory this week in defiance of local orders. He has also criticized the response to the pandemic as “dumb” and “fascist.”
            One of those super-geniuses with no common sense.

Comment

• A leg cast & crutches will get you early seating at many events with first-come-first-served general admin tickets. Worked for me when I had a broken ankle a couple of decades back.

Comment

• A cane and a visible ankle brace should do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Master403 View Post

The Strategic Petroleum Reserve has a current inventory of 640 MMbbl and a capacity of almost 800 MMbbl. Why aren't we filling that? It seems like the opportunity of a lifetime.
                  Yep.. we keep hearing talk of of that..

Comment

• It is not a big priority is probably why....there is no shortage of oil in the near future ....and it's only a week of domestic production....

The SPR currently holds approximately 635 million barrels of oil. And the DOE has said that the SPR is capable of holding an additional 77 million barrels. This volume is relatively small amount considering domestic production recently rose to over 13 million barrels per day (bpd) and the Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates that domestic production will average over 13 million bpd in 2020.[6] In other words, the DOE can purchase about six days of domestic production, or 1-2 percent of annual domestic production, and as a result only a negligible amount of the total amount of crude oil in the global market.

The SPR is intended to respond to supply shortages rather than supply gluts. As a net exporter of oil, the United States is less susceptible to shifting supply abroad than ever before. Therefore, while this purchase may prove slightly beneficial for government finances, the SPR’s purchase has minimal impact on global prices, domestic economics, and runs against the reserve’s intended purpose.

Executive Summary  President Trump has proposed purchasing oil to fill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR), which the government developed to counter crude oil supply shortages.   COVID-19 has contributed to excess crude oil supplies that have driven prices to historically low levels.  Because the SPR is already close to capacity, increasing the size of the SPR amounts to purchasing only six days of domestic production will […]

Comment

• Meanwhile....this fellow is not coping well....

Video shows the moment a Publix shopper recently pulled out a gun and pointed it at an employee to complain about slow service.

Comment

• There were undoubtedly people doing things like that before the current crisis, and there will be people doing things like that after it's over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                          ... The SPR is intended to respond to supply shortages rather than supply gluts ...
                          You say that like it's an amazing insight. That's why you stockpile petroleum in a surplus, for a reserve when there is a shortage. How many times in the last few decades have we been on the wrong side of petroleum blackmail? If you claim that our reserve is inadequate, carve more caverns. There is no rational argument for not stockpiling now.
                          Last edited by Master403; 05-14-2020, 01:13 PM. Reason: Salt caverns, not tanks
                          Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

There is no rational argument for not stockpiling now.
                            Not to mention you'd be aiding Big Oil (not that they necessarily need it, but they are a huge portion of our economy) by not forcing them to cap wells.

Comment

You say that like it's an amazing insight. That's why you stockpile petroleum in a surplus, for a reserve when there is a shortage. How many times in the last few decades have we been on the wrong side of petroleum blackmail? If you claim that our reserve is inadequate, carve more caverns. There is no rational argument for not stockpiling now.
                              I'm not going to argue....they probably should fill it up....I'm just quoting why they haven't...

Anyways it's not a big deal....it's such a small amount...a few days of domestic use is what we are talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                Not to mention you'd be aiding Big Oil (not that they necessarily need it, but they are a huge portion of our economy) by not forcing them to cap wells.
                                Big Oil may survive a prolonged shut down but Little Oil will not.. bankruptcies already proliferating.

Comment

Working...
                                X