X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Another idiot...

Sports anchor Sage Steele is off the air at ESPN after she called vaccine mandates "sick" and "scary" and questioned why former President Barack Obama identifies as Black even though he was raised by his white mother.

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Networks like ESPN believe strongly in diversity and inclusion - except in thinking. You must think like we want you to, or you're gone. The fact that Sage Steele is gone, who I liked a lot, while Elle Duncan is now the face of 6 PM SportsCenter, and I think is not very good, tells you everything you need to know about their policies.

Leave a comment:

• jc203
    replied
    Everyone on network TV is paid to pretend they like everyone and everything involved in the production.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    I'm not a Sage Steele fan but I think ESPN was heavy-handed in this instance. Apparently not only do they expect their employees to comply with their vaccine mandate but they have to like it too.

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/06/10436...vaccines-obama

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

3700/day die from car accidents where? Worldwide? US vehicle accident deaths are under 110 per day (38680 last year, and 36,096 in 2019).

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...07-2021-06-03/
    Oops! You're right, that is a global number. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    FYI, a lot more than 1500 die daily outside of hospitals, including 3700 daily from car accidents alone.
    3700/day die from car accidents where? Worldwide? US vehicle accident deaths are under 110 per day (38680 last year, and 36,096 in 2019).

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...07-2021-06-03/

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied

My point is that the massive number of hospitalizations is what caused governments to take drastic actions not the number of deaths.
    I agree with you Jazz. This is the primary reason NZ Government went into hard lockdowns - to prevent our hospitals being overwhelmed.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

My point is that the massive number of hospitalizations is what caused governments to take drastic actions not the number of deaths.
    Well yeah....it wasn't like they just dropped dead after catching Covid.

I don't know about that anyways...having healthy love ones dying en masse, when they could be prevented, isn't a winning message for voters.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

And your point is? I don't think car accidents are contagious.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    FYI, a lot more than 1500 die daily outside of hospitals, including 3700 daily from car accidents alone.
    And your point is? I don't think car accidents are contagious.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

Which reads "I don't believe governments would have taken such drastic actions if...1500 people died daily out of the hospital."

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Covid has closed Auckland's border. Don't try and sneak past our border protection officers.
    FB_IMG_1636050805019.jpg

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    https://www.businessinsider.com/unva...nefits-2021-11
    New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority no longer pays a $500,000 death benefit to the families of subway, bus, and commuter rail workers who die of COVID if the workers were unvaccinated at the time of death.
    Note that this wasn't their usual employer-provided life insurance benefit. The $500K was a special benefit added early in the pandemic as compensation for the high COVID exposure risk of the subway/bus/train jobs.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    I don't believe governments would have taken such drastic actions if hospitals weren't overrun. I stand by this statement:
    Which reads "I don't believe governments would have taken such drastic actions if...1500 people died daily out of the hospital." The obvious fear factor is the high contagious nature of the virus, and even a relatively low death rate of let's say 1% would leave us with over 3 million dead. Not to mention the probability of 80% of those being over 65.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Kristy Swanson, Pro-Trump Actress Who’s Questioned COVID Protocols, Hospitalized With COVID (yahoo.com)

Kristy Swanson, the actress best known for starring in the 1992 film “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” was hospitalized on Sunday in New Jersey due to COVID-related pneumonia.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X