Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KevinR
    replied
    I might be confused. I was reading the comments as, had hospitals not been inundated with Covid-19 patients, the virus would have been treated similarly to the seasonal flu.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by KevinR View Post

Respectfully, the lethality of the current coronavirus, even with precautions that were taken, shows that this was something far beyond the normal flu. It is hard to hide the fact that in the US, 3/4 of a million people have died from it. And the planet just surpassed 5 million deaths, while recognizing that this is almost certainly an undercount.
    I think you need to not only re-read my comment but the comments leading up to it as well.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Had Lincoln not been shot he would have been fine....
    A better analogy would be had Lincoln been shot in his arm he would have been fine, because the hospital system is one of society's vital organs, not a limb, and it was that threat that prompted governments world-wide to take draconian measures to stop the spread of COVID-19.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Uh...yes....or at least I hope so. Had the hospitalizations not been an issue and people were able to recover on their own at home, then obviously the virus wouldn't have been as big of an issue because it would have been a lot closer to the seasonal flu. No lockdowns and overall effect on the population.
    Had Lincoln not been shot he would have been fine....

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Uh...yes....or at least I hope so. Had the hospitalizations not been an issue and people were able to recover on their own at home, then obviously the virus wouldn't have been as big of an issue because it would have been a lot closer to the seasonal flu. No lockdowns and overall effect on the population.
    Respectfully, the lethality of the current coronavirus, even with precautions that were taken, shows that this was something far beyond the normal flu. It is hard to hide the fact that in the US, 3/4 of a million people have died from it. And the planet just surpassed 5 million deaths, while recognizing that this is almost certainly an undercount.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

How much freedom will she have if she's homeless, or in a hospital bed hooked up to an oxygen tank?
    They get so caught up in this antivax nonsense they lose all sense of reality. My mother was an RN who did polio nursing in the 40s....iron lungs and all that....she would be aghast at such behavior in a nurse.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    "I am willing to lose my safety and security, my house, everything, for my freedom, and I want you to think about that."

After thinking about that I agree with Kaiser that these are not things I'm looking for in a health care professional.
    How much freedom will she have if she's homeless, or in a hospital bed hooked up to an oxygen tank?

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

"I am willing to lose my safety and security, my house, everything, for my freedom, and I want you to think about that."

After thinking about that I agree with Kaiser that these are not things I'm looking for in a health care professional.

https://mobile.twitter.com/smotus/st...91697876340743

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
    Uh, no . . .

Last edited by NotDutra5; 10-31-2021, 02:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    It may have been a big deal in the same way Ebola, H1N1 and the Bird flu were a big deal - a lot of media hype without any effect on the lives of 99% of the population and no effect on the economy.
    1% of the population is 3 million people...

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Before the vaccines closing down everything was a good idea....Covid was really bad...

But with vaccines ubiquitous it is time to move on...

And thanks to all the federal input the economy has recovered fairly well.

Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-31-2021, 02:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
    Not really. In the beginning, nearly everybody was freaking out over it. It may be treated like the common flu in the long run if hospital capacity is not threatened, but it would have been a big deal anyway in the beginning.
    It may have been a big deal in the same way Ebola, H1N1 and the Bird flu were a big deal - a lot of media hype without any effect on the lives of 99% of the population and no effect on the economy.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 10-31-2021, 02:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied

What's keeping things from going back to normal is hospitals being overrun.
    Yep. People are having their cancer treatments and heart surgeries delayed or relocated far away because their local hospitals are full of Covid patients, mostly unvaccinated.

If there had never been any hospitals overrun, COVD-19 would have been treated just like the common flu from the beginning.
    Not really. In the beginning, nearly everybody was freaking out over it. It may be treated like the common flu in the long run if hospital capacity is not threatened, but it would have been a big deal anyway in the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    If there had never been any hospitals overrun, COVD-19 would have been treated just like the common flu from the beginning.
    Uh, no . . .

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    For so many the no endgame in sight is the point...like no one ever got sick before Covid...

Should fully vaccinated individuals become infected, he added, they remain protected against severe disease and death, and tend to have only a mild infection.
    What's keeping things from going back to normal is hospitals being overrun. If there had never been any hospitals overrun, COVD-19 would have been treated just like the common flu from the beginning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X