X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
    force pharmacists to fill unproven off-label prescriptions for drugs intended to treat or prevent COVID-19.
    So pharmacists don't have a version of the Hippocratic Oath . .. first do no harm . . . ?

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine off-label prescription bill passes Kansas Senate in late-night vote (yahoo.com)

Kansas senators early Thursday morning narrowly passed a bill that would force pharmacists to fill unproven off-label prescriptions for drugs intended to treat or prevent COVID-19.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Obviously has the brain of a basket ball
    With apologies to basketballs around the world...both the men's and women's versions.

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    John Stockton says he stands with Kyrie Irving and Aaron Rodgers, claims to have a list of ‘hundreds’ of vaccinated athletes that have ‘dropped dead’ on the field
    https://ahnfiredigital.com/nba/brook...-on-the-field/
    Leave him alone. You can't fix stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    John Stockton says he stands with Kyrie Irving and Aaron Rodgers, claims to have a list of ‘hundreds’ of vaccinated athletes that have ‘dropped dead’ on the field

Obviously has the brain of a basket ball

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

So let’s publish The list

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    My Dad (Maori) was one of 11 kids. He was not very productive, with only 4 kids. One of his older brothers had 17 kids. Two of his sisters had 10 and 11 respectively.
    My Mom was from England, and was one of 8 kids.

Leave a comment:

• Halfmiler2
    replied
    My wife was one of ten kids and has 46 first cousins on her dad’s side and 17 more on her mom’s side. I won’t start with the nieces, nephews, grand nieces, and grand nephews too. Knock on wood, but no COVID deaths so far.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    Obviously your grandparents were the same as mine. No TV to occupy them in the evening.
    Yep, my last aunt was born in 1930, one year before I was and 17 years before electricity reached Kiowa
    County.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    My sole surviving aunt, age 95, called informing me an 80ish cousin from the anti-vax family twig recently died from covid. I had 22 aunt/uncle pairs and 60 first cousins. I have not kept close track of them all, but this is the first family covid death I am aware of.
    Obviously your grandparents were the same as mine. No TV to occupy them in the evening.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    My sole surviving aunt, age 95, called informing me an 80ish cousin from the anti-vax family twig recently died from covid. I had 22 aunt/uncle pairs and 60 first cousins. I have not kept close track of them all, but this is the first family covid death I am aware of.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    It seems that's turned into a set-up for a joke down here . . . 'Have you heard the one about DeSantis and . . . ?'
    From NYT today:

For DeSantis, the pandemic offered the opportunity to distinguish himself from Trump. In January, Jonathan Chait described his strategy in New York magazine:
    Where Trump was tiptoeing around vaccine skepticism, DeSantis jumped in with both feet, banning private companies like cruise lines from requiring vaccination, appointing a vaccine skeptic to his state’s highest office, and refusing to say if he’s gotten his booster dose.

DeSantis “may or may not actually be more delusional on Covid than Donald Trump,” Chait wrote, “but it is a revealing commentary on the state of their party that he sees his best chance to supplant Trump as positioning himself as even crazier.”

In January, for example, Dr. Raul Pino, the administrator for the Florida Department of Health’s office in Orange County, wrote his staff to say that only 77 of 558 staff members had received a Covid-19 booster, 219 had two doses of the vaccine and 34 had only one dose, according to reporting by my colleague Patricia Mazzei in The Times. “I am sorry but in the absence of reasonable and real reasons it is irresponsible not to be vaccinated,” Dr. Pino added. He went on: “We have been at this for two years, we were the first to give vaccines to the masses, we have done more than 300,000 and we are not even at 50 percent. Pathetic.”

Shortly afterward, Pino was put on administrative leave for a month.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/16/o...ing-trump.html
    Last edited by jeremyp; 03-16-2022, 08:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Roughly 17 million Americans received the Johnson & Johnson Covid vaccine, only to be told later that it was the least protective of the options available in the United States. But new data suggest that the vaccine is now preventing infections, hospitalizations and deaths at least as well as the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines…..

During the summer months, the gaps — particularly between J.&J. and Pfizer — began to narrow. By now, all the vaccines seem to be performing about equally well against coronavirus infections; in fact, Johnson & Johnson appears to be holding up slightly better….

the Johnson & Johnson vaccine appeared to be somewhat more protective against infection than the two alternatives.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/15/h...l&pgtype=Homep age&section=Health

So, in Track terms, when I got the J&J I thought you ModPfz guys were half a lap ahead of me, but now I've caught up and have passed you guys
    And since I got 2 Modernas I'm now half a lap ahead? All I need now is to get a touch of covid and I'm pulling further ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
    And another one DeSantis:
    It seems that's turned into a set-up for a joke down here . . . 'Have you heard the one about DeSantis and . . . ?'

Leave a comment:

Working...
X