Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
    Big day tomorrow, guys. Going to the dump. Not taking a dump. We're on toilet paper restrictions. Can't spare a square.
    If you literally are going to the dump, with trash, well....today I made a small run to Goodwill (kept my 6 ft distance, didn't touch the guy etc. Anyway, I asked him "Busy day?" and scraggly Goodwill dude said "Yeah, everybody's staying home and cleaning and bringing me all their shit!"

Comment

Originally posted by 502CD View Post

That was wonderful.
      I almost cried tears of joy. Truly beautiful people.

Comment

I wonder if Goodwill and related thrift shops are considered essential businesses in states that are ordering non-essential businesses closed.

Comment

I am coping with the C19 lock down with a bottle of good scotch.

Comment

Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
            I am coping with the C19 lock down with a bottle of good scotch.
            That sounds good. But do you have another bottle for tomorrow? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

along that line, for today's normal family Sunday dinner (10 people, 4 households) we all linked on Facetime and did a cocktail hour together. I was really pissed at the people who kept eating Ruffles with onion dip!

Ya double dipped the chip! Ya dipped the chip, took a bite and dipped the chip again! That's like putting your whole mouth in the dip!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                you could pull a symphony together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eXT...ature=youtu.be

(a true ode to joy)
                That was nice. Some jazz musician friends of mine have been posting videos if themselves playing alone but I'll share this with them and perhaps it will give them some ideas.

Comment

Just told my wife I'm putting off the dump until tomorrow. Gives me something to look forward to.

Comment

I could go for binge watching Bud Greenspan.

Comment

Just told my wife I'm putting off the dump until tomorrow. Gives me something to look forward to.
                      Way TMI . . .

Comment

Try some ExLax.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Indeed...I was telling a friend of mine in England that compared to the bombings in WW2 her 90 year old mother probably thinks social distancing is no big deal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5aeClRY4kA&app=desktop
                          I went to see "The Crazy Gang" in London circa 1950's and they had Vera Lynn who threw out flowers, and I caught one and pressed it in a book.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

I went to see "The Crazy Gang" in London circa 1950's and they had Vera Lynn who threw out flowers, and I caught one and pressed it in a book.
                            Cool!

Comment

Thank God for Cops!
                              https://news.yahoo.com/18-000-pounds...185511405.html

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                                I have found it very helpful to have regular Zoom meetings with my church group. We can catch up with each other's days and support each other without having to be in person. Makes a difference to be able to see faces instead of just hearing voices on a phone.
                                My Iyengar Yoga instructor of the past several years did her first class on Zoom Friday and it was such a huge lift. 15-20 of us all practicing together, while apart. It was such a huge emotional and energy lift. Last winter when I was in Houston helping my mother with cancer treatment, I felt the same thing when she sent me audio recordings of the Wednesday night classes I was missing. Some bit of normality. Some bit of shared experience. Those recordings really helped me get through the hardest 6 weeks of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X