Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
    On our Anniversary and Father's day went to our favorite Restaurant for pick up. Everybody going in and coming out was not wearing a mask. The drivers of the three cars outside waiting for pickup were!
    If the drivers were working for an outfit such as Uber Eats, the mask is required and that includes while they are driving the food to the person's home. This is one reason we see drivers wearing a mask which seems like overkill at first glance.

Comment

• Meanwhile....

Barcelona opera house reopens with performance to 2,292 plants https://cnn.it/2YYG8BS

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        Meanwhile....Barcelona opera house reopens with performance to 2,292 plants
        So, in other words, business as usual,

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

If the drivers were working for an outfit such as Uber Eats, the mask is required and that includes while they are driving the food to the person's home. This is one reason we see drivers wearing a mask which seems like overkill at first glance.
          Could be although the two I saw looked like housewives, and the other one was...my wife

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            So, in other words, business as usual,
            I do not see any masked plants!!!

Comment

I do not see any masked plants!!!
              Ah yes, but they INHALE carbon dioxide and EXHALE oxygen, so they don't need to (reverse thinking! ).

Comment

Could be although the two I saw looked like housewives, and the other one was...my wife
                Well....I've seen women Uber Eats drivers and check your bank account for the source of your wife's income next week! 😁

Comment

• George Will writes in the WaPo about one aspect of coping with the C19 lockdown:

Headline: Our national sports withdrawal is agony

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...74a_story.html

Comment

• I don't know about that....sports seem rather irrelevant lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                      I don't know about that....sports seem rather irrelevant lately.
                      That's the point. They WERE very important in our lives, and now they are irrelevant. Our lives are the poorer for it, even as we realize that sports are just a bunch of grown men and women playing kids' games. I miss the anticipation and enjoyment of big track meets immensely. One of the plusses of retirement was the fun of knowing I never had to miss another meet live on TV/web.

Comment

• If sports were being played, they would be very relevant. We can't wallow in shit for the rest of our lives.

Comment

• JUST NOW: "Football is a nonessential business and so we don't need to do it. So the risk, you know, has to be really eliminated before we -- before I would feel comfortable with going back. "
                          Saints @MalcolmJenkins
                          concerned about a return to play

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnBerma...35407529361411

Comment

• Football may be non-essential for the survival of human life form but the generation and exchange of money by performers, spectators, suppliers, vendors, logistical, and hospitality workers is definitely a huge factor in restoring a viable economy.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                              Football may be non-essential for the survival of human life form but the generation and exchange of money by performers, spectators, suppliers, vendors, logistical, and hospitality workers is definitely a huge factor in restoring a viable economy.
                              I think everyone knows that....However even if football does come back this year few of that lot are going to be employed anyways. Meanwhile the players take the risk playing now.

Sports will come back to a normal state eventually....but it may take awhile.

Comment

• The football irony is that all the concussions are probably worse than the COVID implications.

Comment

Working...
                                X