• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrJay View Post

Try some ExLax.
    or go the other route and dose heavily on Imodium

Comment

I've got two TV's in my garage taking up space. Been putting off the dump until I want to go to the library which is not far apart. They don't pick up Tv's anymore. You get rid of them yourself.

As for walking I still do my vampire walk a few times a week. No traffic, pitch black, cool neighborhood. Three miles or so, I carry a hammer,wear a scarf I'm good.
      Last edited by Adam$; 03-23-2020, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Next door neighbor taken to Hospital with Pneumonia and 105 fever. Is being tested for CV19. She was on a committee here....
        Update: No virus! Just a bad reaction to medications.
        Last edited by jeremyp; 03-25-2020, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
          Just told my wife I'm putting off the dump until tomorrow. Gives me something to look forward to.
          Hilarious!

Comment

The Broadway Coronavirus Medley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1OCZRann8w&app=desktop

Comment

it may just have been satisfy the meter of the song, but I note he spelled out W-H-O; i don't think I've heard anybody say that, rathing going with "hoo"

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                it may just have been satisfy the meter of the song, but I note he spelled out W-H-O; i don't think I've heard anybody say that, rathing going with "hoo"
                With apologies to Abbott and Costello.

Who's following the virus?
                WHO.
                Yes, that's what I'm asking?
                WHO.
                WHO is following the virus?
                Yes.

I've only heard it referred to as 'The W . . .H . . . O'.

Comment

Friend of mine through inline speed skating was one of the very early Zoom employees. Here is how he got the gig - https://maroonloon.wordpress.com/202...night-success/. As my brother said, "liquidity event."

Comment

Didn't know where to put this, but it is about coping with the virus:

One way I've been coping is trying to help those a lot less fortunate than me. My wife and I are comfortably retired with a fixed income. Most folks are not - if they don't work they don't get paid.

Up close & personal for us are the gig workers who work directly for us: music & arts teachers, housekeeper, personal care folks, etc. All of those are getting checks from us this week equal to four months of payments, and then every two months we'll give them another four months worth (essentially doubling their income from us, knowing that most of their customers cannot help out nearly as much) until things open up again. Will probably try remote sessions with our teachers but there are issues.

Plus cash donations to local food banks & charities. Don't know of a good direct way to help out those folks who've helped us out for years but have lost their jobs - such as restaurant workers and non-essential retail workers - not to mention folks we never see such as truckers, factory workers and farmers. Also not in the best place to physically help out - I'm in two of the target virus groups, in fact on isolation vacation for 14 days right now thanks to my wife's recent trip to Mexico.

If others have ideas on how to help out now's a great time to share them!

On a more humorous side, the fallout of no open barber or beauty shops will be interesting to see in the coming months . . .

Comment

one great thing that has happened is (at least for me) telemarketers have virtually disappeared. I used to get a dozen junk calls a day, now I'm down to one every two or three days. Funny, I woulda thought that was the perfect kind of job for someone to do from home, but maybe most of them were actually working in cubicle farms somewhere.

spam in the e-mail has also been cut by 50-75% I'd guess.

Comment

I've never used Facetime before and have Skyped less than a dozen times but am now trying to do that with a different friend or family member every day, started Monday.

Comment

One of us ( a healthy trio) checks in on our mother, every day. Now I told my sister that's prob' not a good idea, only one should be. To which she said' yeah but it's unavoidable, just stay clear.' I will but it's not the answer. Something I now have in common with the Prince of Wales. Don't make your mother ill.

Comment

Yes don't visit elderly relatives unless you are living with them...or at least be inside with them.

Friend in England calls her 90 year old mother several times a day....but that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                              Yes don't visit elderly relatives unless you are living with them...or at least be inside with them.

Friend in England calls her 90 year old mother several times a day....but that is all.
                              Yeah no idea when we will see either set of our parents again, when it will feel safe :/

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                                one great thing that has happened is (at least for me) telemarketers have virtually disappeared. I used to get a dozen junk calls a day, now I'm down to one every two or three days. Funny, I woulda thought that was the perfect kind of job for someone to do from home, but maybe most of them were actually working in cubicle farms somewhere.

spam in the e-mail has also been cut by 50-75% I'd guess.
                                I'm still getting lots of spam email, but you're right--spam phone calls seem to be down. Of course, legitimate advertising is down too. Closed stores and theaters don't advertise and so newspapers are noticeably thinner these days. It's even affected grocery stores. I get a pack of supermarket flyers every week, usually on a Wednesday. It includes flyers from at least 8 supermarkets and drug chain stores that are within five miles or so, advertising the week's specials. Today's package had only 3 flyers and did not include flyers from the two supermarkets closest to us. I guess they don't feel the need to advertise or have specials. People are going to go to shopping to get what they need (or what they want to hoard) and price isn't going to matter very much.

Comment

Working...
                                X