Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    I just upgraded from an iPhone 7 to the iPhone SE. I figure it is my last chance to get an iPhone with a button and Apple should support it for a few years. It is a bit smaller but (so far) my fingers can handle the keyboard.

It is amazing during the pandemic how much time I spend on the iPhone. I hardly ever check email on my desk computer anymore.
    Between my Samsung tablet and S9 phone I hardly ever use a desktop computer anymore....I only use it for photo editing on Photoshop with my big files that need 32G of ram.

Comment

• Meanwhile....

Tailors Know New Yorkers’ Pandemic Secret: ‘Everybody Got Fat!’

Tailors across New York City are expanding waistlines and moving buttons to accommodate the “Quarantine 15.”

With weddings postponed and offices shut, business was bleak at Woodside Tailor Shop in Queens during the long months of pandemic lockdown. There was no need for party dress alterations, or any pressure for slacks to be hemmed.

But about three months in, things started picking back up in June, with one particular service in sudden demand: People needed a bit more breathing room in their clothing.

“Everybody got fat!” said Porfirio Arias, 66, a tailor at Woodside. “It’s not only in New York. It’s all over the world that people got fat.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/25/n....co/QEHjlJQxzy

Comment

• Meanwhile...

You Can Stop Cleaning Your Mail Now

People are power scrubbing their way to a false sense of security.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...heater/614599/

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
          Meanwhile...
          You Can Stop Cleaning Your Mail Now
          People are power scrubbing their way to a false sense of security.
          https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...heater/614599/
          Until the end of April, I was wiping down everything that came in the house: mail, groceries, Amazon and restaurant deliveries, then I just stopped one day, probably out of sheer ennui and laziness.
          I will continue to wear the mask whenever I'm out, probably just to piss off the non-maskers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Until the end of April, I was wiping down everything that came in the house: mail, groceries, Amazon and restaurant deliveries, then I just stopped one day, probably out of sheer ennui and laziness.
            I will continue to wear the mask whenever I'm out, probably just to piss off the non-maskers.
            I never did the cleanup of incoming items. As a lifelong OCD guy I've learned that some forms of germ paranoia are unsustainable, and that was obviously (to me) one of them.

On the other hand, I'm still a firm believer in wearing disposable nitrile gloves in public. But interestingly enough, my use of gloves has gone way down. When they were easily obtainable at Costco I used them all the time when working around the house and yard. Now I'm hoarding my remaining stock for my bi-weekly trip into town, and either use non-disposable gloves or just wash my hands more often when here at home.

Comment

• I'm a bit of a germaphobe anyway although not to the Howie Mandel stage. I've always washed my hands as soon as I can and before touching anything such as my face or other part of my body after shaking hands. Right now, me touching any foreign entity whether it's mail, food, groceries and even when I put my debit card into the payment machine at Publix, I have my hand sanitizer ready to go.

A few weeks ago a neighbor came to our house to tell us her elderly mother had passed away. My wife invites her in. My first reaction was not to express condolences but to run and find the lysol spray. No...not to inject.....but to spray the lady down. I didn't spray her down but I did go get the can.

Maybe I am at the Howie Mandel stage after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                I'm a bit of a germaphobe anyway ..I've always washed my hands as soon as I can and before touching anything such as my face or other part of my body after shaking hands. Right now, me touching any foreign entity whether it's mail, food, groceries and even when I put my debit card into the payment machine at Publix, I have my hand sanitizer ready to go..A few weeks ago a neighbor came to our house to tell us her elderly mother had passed away. My wife invites her in. My first reaction was not to express condolences but to run and find the lysol spray. No..mot to inject.. but to spray the lady down. I didn't spray her down but I did go get the can.

Maybe I am at the Howie Mandel stage after all.
                That is solid forum gold, on par with the best of jeremyp !!
                Last edited by user4; 07-27-2020, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                  I never did the cleanup of incoming items. As a lifelong OCD guy I've learned that some forms of germ paranoia are unsustainable, and that was obviously (to me) one of them. On the other hand, I'm still a firm believer in wearing disposable nitrile gloves in public. But interestingly enough, my use of gloves has gone way down. When they were easily obtainable at Costco I used them all the time when working around the house and yard. Now I'm hoarding my remaining stock for my bi-weekly trip into town, and either use non-disposable gloves or just wash my hands more often when here at home.
                  If you dont put your hand near your face the gloves are overdoing it.

Comment

• headline of the day

Fact check: Metal strip in medical masks is not a 5G antenna

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...uPFqjAa36bwzF0

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      I don't spray or wipe those things when they come into the house. I unpack the groceries and other deliveries, put everything away, save or discard the outer bags, boxes & wrappings, and then immediately wash my hands well. Ditto with sorting and opening the mail.

I do wear a mask when I'm out because it's the right thing to do, and not just to piss off the non-maskers.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                        headline of the day

Fact check: Metal strip in medical masks is not a 5G antenna

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...uPFqjAa36bwzF0
                        So which words did we decide were OK? Idiotic imbecilic moronic dumbasses??

The whole '5-G is a problem' thing falls in the same category . . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                          I do wear a mask when I'm out because it's the right thing to do, and not just to piss off the non-maskers.
                          I was being a bit facetious, but not completely!
                          A meme was posted here a while back that I thought was spot-on: wearing a mask is not a political statement, it's an IQ Test.

Comment

• ICYMI, John Oliver's "Last Week Tonight" had a wonderful snippet on the mask debate last night. https://www.reddit.com/r/lastweekton...h_john_oliver/

😊

Comment

• from TIME

National Parks Are Getting Trashed During COVID-19, Endangering Surrounding Communities

https://time.com/5869788/national-parks-covid-19/

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                                from TIME

National Parks Are Getting Trashed During COVID-19, Endangering Surrounding Communities

https://time.com/5869788/national-parks-covid-19/
                                Oregon state & local parks are getting hit hard too: https://www.registerguard.com/news/2...cedented-level
                                Last edited by bad hammy; 07-28-2020, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X