Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Meanwhile...

MASTERCLASS: French TGV high speed rail removed an anti-mask passenger *IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE* after he refused to wear a mask, even after 135 euro penalty. TGV stopped train and dumped him off the side of tracks at village in countryside.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrEricDin...65436283473920
    Obviously TGV stands for Tres Grand Vexation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
      Meanwhile...

MASTERCLASS: French TGV high speed rail removed an anti-mask passenger *IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE* after he refused to wear a mask, even after 135 euro penalty. TGV stopped train and dumped him off the side of tracks at village in countryside.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrEricDin...65436283473920
      He should be thankful that they stopped the train. 😉

Comment

• Headline - Nearly 70,000 lives could be saved in the next 3 months if more Americans wore masks, researchers say

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/22/healt...day/index.html

Comment

• Scott Ostler in the morning paper:

<<Question for you folks who wear your mask below your nose: do you wear your bra or jock around your knees?>>

Comment

• And another bulletin from the "You can't fix stupid" files.
            The number of confirmed coronavirus cases linked to a wedding reception earlier this month in Maine continues to rise.
            At least 53 people have been infected with the virus, officials with the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention reported over the weekend, according to the Portland Press Herald.
            The paper notes that state health investigators have traced both "secondary and tertiary transmission of the virus."
            In other words, the virus has spread beyond the people who were at the Aug. 7 wedding reception in Millinocket Lake, located roughly 190 miles northeast of the state's most populous city of Portland.
            The paper also says that those affected range in age from 4 to 98 years old.
            "A woman who did not attend the reception died on Friday after contracting COVID-19 from a person who did attend the event, health authorities said. They did not identify her, nor the guest she came into contact with," the paper reports. The Maine CDC didn't immediately respond to NPR's request for comment.

Comment

• Man who believed virus was hoax loses wife to Covid-19

A Florida taxi driver, who believed false claims that coronavirus was a hoax, has lost his wife to Covid-19.

Brian Lee Hitchens and his wife, Erin, had read claims online that the virus was fabricated, linked to 5G or similar to the flu.

The couple didn't follow health guidance or seek help when they fell ill in early May. Brian recovered but his 46-year-old wife became critically ill and died this month from heart problems linked to the virus.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-u...mpression=true

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

And one sees so many people with their masks around their mouths only!
                Yes, but it might not mean what you think. I often have a mask that is not over my nose --- when I am well away from other people because most of my masks tweak my glasses just enough to interfere with my vision and some fog my glasses as well. But when I get within 2-3 meters I pull it up.

Comment

• And sometimes masks slip...

Comment

• Meanwhile....

irrelevant poilitical content removed
                    Last edited by gh; 08-25-2020, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Oh dear ....

Maker of Spam, Skippy expects demand to deplete inventory in the next quarter

Hormel Foods reported high demand for its food brands, such as Spam and Skippy, in its third-quarter earnings posted Tuesday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...5GYTHZPQPRAK3Y

Comment

• Skippy already all but disappeared a few months back. When it came back, the size I usually buy wasn't among the offerings.

Comment

• Interesting....

There has always been plenty of peanut butter in town. I don't remember a shortage on Skippy. Though I'm not very choosy and not much of a peanut butter connoisseur.

Comment

• After things shut down in March it my favorite PB (Adams crunchy unsalted) was off the shelves of the two local stores that carry it for months. With UofO and K-12 schools starting up soon I anticipate a surge in viruses around here so tomorrow includes a survivalist shopping expedition to stock on all non-perishables.

Comment

• who'da thunk?

It’s the paradox of a pandemic that has crushed the U.S. economy: 12.9 million lost jobs and a dangerous rash of businesses closing, yet the personal finances of many Americans have remained strong — and in some ways have even improved.

A new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research finds that 45% of Americans say they’re setting aside more money than usual. Twenty-six percent are paying down debt faster than they were before the coronavirus pandemic. In total, about half of Americans say they’ve either saved more or paid down debt since the outbreak began.

https://apnews.com/15cd7d2d54286d7b0a895ba116fb99ef

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                                Skippy already all but disappeared a few months back. When it came back, the size I usually buy wasn't among the offerings.
                                It did?
                                I've been eating it non-stop since my 1st birthday, which my mom said she forgot, so she put a candle in in PB sandwich.
                                The only time i've without it was during my various sojourns in Germany where it is (was?) a 'health-food' rarity. I always have an extra extra-large jar of 'extra-crunchy' in my pantry.

Comment

Working...
                                X