Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I could shorten that first sentence: "there is nothing worse than a martini" and fulfill the same sentiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post

There are lots of things worse than a not-so-good martini; going hungry and not being able to do anything about it; fxxxing martinis are a luxury and many people do not have many of them, especially right now.
      The lack of humor here is amazing. No wonder no one likes track.

At least gh got it...so there is some hope....

Fortunately my experience in many years in the sport that few I have encountered are such spoilsports.
      Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-18-2020, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        And I could shorten that first sentence: "there is nothing worse than a martini" and fulfill the same sentiment.
        When did you ever have one?

Comment

• BTW as noted this is the Coping with Covid 19 thread in case you haven't noticed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

When did you ever have one?
            Not much of a fan of martinis but Manhattans are definitely covid-coping essentials . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

Not much of a fan of martinis but Manhattans are definitely covid-coping essentials . . .
              Indeed. I've broaden my horizons on the subject since the virus started. Though you haven't had one of my Martinis.

Comment

• Here's a humorous take on how to cope with C19 lockdown:

http://www.sanibelshellshocked.com/T...arantining.pdf

Comment

• It is appropriate that a writer from Sanibel, FL would promote the kazoo. Humorist Jean Shepherd - especially remembered for The Christmas Story movie - spent his final years in Sanibel before passing away just before Y2K. He was a big fan of the kazoo and used to play it frequently on his radio show.

Comment

• Last August mrs. hammy & I had our first outdoor music & arts festival in our backyard here in Eugene (the second annual edition was supposed to take place this year on the weekend between the Pre Meet and the Oly Trials) and the audience-participation highlight was a huge kazoo-fest with everyone kazooing to Yellow Submarine. We still have literally hundreds of kazoos for future fests but if you want the best kazoos of all-time, go to Doc Kazoo for custom wood kazoos . . .

Comment

• German soccer team loses 37-0 while practicing social distancing during the game: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54193770

They played with seven players to avoid getting fined for forfeiting the game.

Comment

• Nothing quite like a kazoo, it allows the most tone deaf talentless human to sound like a tone deaf talentless human just like a talented musician would sound with a kazoo.

Comment

• Meanwhile.....this is an ....interesting story....probably behind a paywall.

Gene Weingarten: A neighbor asked for a tomato. This is where the story gets weird.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes....co/8Sq76nIi0t

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                            Meanwhile.....this is an ....interesting story....probably behind a paywall.

Gene Weingarten: A neighbor asked for a tomato. This is where the story gets weird.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes....co/8Sq76nIi0t
                            I don't often say OMG aloud, but that's what I just did, having read that story to the end. (I'm a WaPo online subscriber so I was not blocked by the paywall.)

Comment

• I had the same reaction...like an O Henry short story.

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

Well, I have been to Manhattan a few times, but I don't recall ever drinking one.

Comment

Working...
                                X