Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bambam1729
    replied
    Not related to COVID but Al Oerter died after refusing to be placed on a heart transplant list. He said he wished to go out with the heart he had had all his life.

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    Agree with 1.609. While it seems like another display of someone taking a stand against the vaccine (which may have some truth to it), he is making perhaps the most personal decision one can make. I watched a loved one not long ago make the decision to forego treatment for failed kidneys, choosing to die on her own terms.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
    This man is willing to die just to avoid the vaccine.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/he...0-cd6e506eb398
    He doesn't want to live. This is an excuse for a suicide. And that's his right to choose, as sad as it may appear.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    This man is willing to die just to avoid the vaccine.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/he...0-cd6e506eb398
    WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A North Carolina man is turning down an opportunity at a lifesaving kidney transplant, because the hospital is requiring he be vaccinated against COVID before the procedure.

"They said the last thing we need talk about is your vaccination status," Carswell said. "And that's when I politely told him there was nothing really to talk about. It wasn't up for debate that I wasn't getting it. And then he told me, you know you'll die if you don't get it. And I said I'm willing to die."

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

Aerosol researcher and co-author Chang-Yu Wu explained that local humidity and temperature play vital roles in the size of the virus’s particles, which can influence its life span in the air. Drier atmospheres in colder regions will induce water evaporation from the particles, shrinking their size and allowing them to float in the air for longer periods. People also tend to seek shelter inside in colder environments and expose themselves to recirculated air that potentially contains the virus.

The air in humid, hotter environments contains more water, which can condense onto the virus particles, make them bigger and theoretically fall to the ground faster. Wu compares the particles to a rock in this case — the more mass, the faster it falls. At the same time, people often move inside to avoid the outdoor warmth and again expose themselves to recirculated air. Air conditioners also dry the inside air, creating an environment similar to that of winter for aerosols.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...umidity-study/

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

"Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, who is unvaccinated and revealed this week that she tested positive for the coronavirus, dined again at a New York City restaurant Wednesday night, flouting local health and safety measures calling for positive cases to isolate.

Elio’s, an Italian restaurant on the Upper East Side, has faced blowback after Palin dined indoors at the establishment on Saturday, in violation of the city’s dining mandate for people to show proof of vaccination.

Even though local guidelines advise people who test positive to be in isolation for five days after their positive test, Palin returned to the restaurant on Wednesday night. In photos posted to Mediaite, the first to report the news, the former Republican vice-presidential nominee, who has said she would only get vaccinated against the coronavirus “over my dead body,” was seen dining at a heated outdoor area of the restaurant. The city’s vaccine requirement does not apply for outdoor dining.

Anne Isaak, the owner of Elio’s, told The Washington Post that she was against having Palin return to dine at the restaurant.
    “It was against my clearly stated wishes that Sarah Palin dined outside last night,” she wrote in a text message Thursday."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...taurant-elios/

So, even though positive she goes back, unmasked, and eats with people stupid enough to eat with her?
    And she was almost a heart beat away from being POTUS!
    Last edited by jeremyp; 01-28-2022, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    the difference between the "free speech" of Young and Rogan is sthat the latter's endangers lives
    Fire in a crowded theater. Rogan is a narcissitic media slut who cares about attention, regardless of who's gazing. Young is an artist who operates within boundaries that consider how the behavior of others impacts other humans.

There is a cult of idolatry around so-called free speech, which emanates from a particular North American nation. This nation also has large numbers of people who identify as Christian.
    Jesus was no proponent of unbridled free speech. Anyone who needs that unpacked is not getting it from me. I have better things to do than educate a lazy fool.

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied

He wasn't using government force. He didn't sue them, he didn't ask a government official to intervene. Free speech is about the government allowing you to speak without government-imposed punishment, not what private individuals and companies do and say to each other. It doesn't mean playing nice with people or speech you disagree with.
    I understand what you're saying...I understand the 1st Amendment. All I'm saying is that I don't think Young believes that. I think he's a bully and I don't think he believes what you wrote, even though that's not exactly what he did. That's all.

I don't want to hijack this any further. I'll back off this theme. Just thought Young was being "spirit of the law vs letter of the law" disingenuous. Thumbs up, smilies, etc...

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    Proof that one truly believes in free speech means, and pretty much only means, supporting the right to speech you disagree with. Young was using his status to try to bully Spotify. He gave an ultimatum: my speech or his.
    He wasn't using government force. He didn't sue them, he didn't ask a government official to intervene. Free speech is about the government allowing you to speak without government-imposed punishment, not what private individuals and companies do and say to each other. It doesn't mean playing nice with people or speech you disagree with.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    the difference between the "free speech" of Young and Rogan is sthat the latter's endangers lives

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied

"Free speech" is about preventing government censorship or punishment for your speech. He wasn't asking for the government to order Rogan to be removed from the platform.

He can be supportive of free speech while choosing not to associate with other speech or companies he disagrees with. There's no logical inconsistency there.
    I agree with you and so would Joe Rogan. Ironically, and it's just my opinion, but I don't think Young agrees with you.

Proof that one truly believes in free speech means, and pretty much only means, supporting the right to speech you disagree with. Young was using his status to try to bully Spotify. He gave an ultimatum: my speech or his.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    Weird. I thought Neil Young was an advocate for free speech. Turns out he's only for speech he agrees with.
    "Free speech" is about preventing government censorship or punishment for your speech. He wasn't asking for the government to order Rogan to be removed from the platform.

He can be supportive of free speech while choosing not to associate with other speech or companies he disagrees with. There's no logical inconsistency there.

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    Weird. I thought Neil Young was an advocate for free speech. Turns out he's only for speech he agrees with.

The irony is that as far as I can tell Rogan will talk to anyone and then let their ideas stand or fall on their merits.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Young knew they weren't going to drop Rogan. He just wanted to remove his own music in protest.

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    I think the $100M contract they gave Rogan was a big part of it, too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X